Is there a Tiger Woods of Hair Transplantation??

jonrctim

Is there a HT surgeon that is regarded as the best in his field, a Tiger Woods of Hair Transplantation if you like, or are the ones at the top all very close in terms of results??

I went to Armani for my first HT and the result i had was terrible. I chose Dr Feller for my second transplant and i'm only one month post op.

Most people on the forum who have spent time researching the issue will have developed a top five or ten and, naturally enough, there is sometimes a tendency for people to be vocally supportive of their own chosen surgeon.

There are also well established names and some real up-and-coming stars.

But I'm not sure that there is a clear "Tiger Woods" leader. It's good for competition that there isn't - it keep all the good docs on their toes.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

I've heard good (well, maybe mixed) things about Dr. Armani. How were your results "terrible"?

Anyway, no, I don't believe there is a "Tiger Woods" of hair transplantation. I understand your question, but, honestly, even its essence is mistaken. These are largely subjective things (who's "best" at something), and that extends even to sports: Michael Jordan is the "best" basketball player to some people, over-rated to others, and just "among the best" to some others.

No one doctor is perfect, but there are several who are excellent.

Think of the HT network as the masters tournament. They are all Pro's & Tiger might win this year & another pro might win next year.

You are picking amongst pro's when you choose a Doc from The HT network.

feller is one of the best surgeons in the world. you are in good hands. armani was a good strip surgeon. his mega fue sessions have been experiments and unfortunately you were among the guinea pigs who had poor yield. good growing with ht #2.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It should be reiterated that cosmetic surgery incorporates perhaps as much art as it does science (well, maybe a little less, but plenty, still). What's pleasing to one person might not be so to another -- you're bound to favor the doctor with whose aesthetics you happen to agree.

Also, some physicians tend to be "conservative" while others are a little more "liberal." The former category is often said to be wiser and sometimes said to be more ethical, but if you have a sense of what you want, and a doctor still won't give it to you, you might favor someone less authoritarian.

In hair-transplantation, as in most of life, the notion of "best" is not nearly so solid as it might first seem to be.

Originally posted by CuriousJungleGeorge:

It should be reiterated that cosmetic surgery incorporates perhaps as much art as it does science (well, maybe a little less, but plenty, still). What's pleasing to one person might not be so to another -- you're bound to favor the doctor with whose aesthetics you happen to agree.

Also, some physicians tend to be "conservative" while others are a little more "liberal." The former category is often said to be wiser and sometimes said to be more ethical, but if you have a sense of what you want, and a doctor still won't give it to you, you might favor someone less authoritarian.

In hair-transplantation, as in most of life, the notion of "best" is not nearly so solid as it might first seem to be.

This is true. Each doctor appears to have his "signature" look dictated by the approach he takes.