Hair loss post HT

altair

Altair,

The shockloss can be pretty scary, but its the necessary "evil" that comes with the transformation. Have all the transplanted hairs fallen out? The last picture that you posted shows that you are healing very very well. I wish you the best. The waiting is definitely the hardest part!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

The waiting is the hardest part. So far everything seems to be going well. I am surprised that some of the old plugs which were removed have actually started to grow again? I may have to have some additional work on some of the old plugs in the hairline.

Hi Altair

I had some plugs that were revised using the "coring" method (punch-outs) as described by Dr. Vogel's article. Sometimes the punched-out grafts would continue to look pluggy after healing, requiring a second pass.

You may want to consider using FUE for hairline graft revision, which will target the individual follicular units, rather than a coring approach which is less "targetted".

It's aggravating when grafts that need correction can be so stubborn, and continue to look pluggy.

As far as the shock loss, hopefully you have been using propecia or avodart, in order to stablize your hair loss? The less at-risk your hair is to loss in general, the better your odds at avoiding shock loss. In any case, keep your fingers crossed.

FUE also leaves less visible scarring so the extractions on the hairline may not be as noticable, especially in a visually high impact area like the hairline and frontal zone.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY