Bek Bekir, Ankara 10-11 Jen 2024

Posted (edited)

Hi guys.

i waited 4 months to publish my report because i didn’t want to stress out checking my hair every day.

i had a semi shaved fue. After the first 10 days i almost forgot i had a procedure done and decided not to think about it.

first of all: why doctor Bekir?

i had a previous procedure at hlc. I was very happy with the end result and really enjoyed the time i spent in Ankara.

IN ANY CASE,  I didn’t like that I didn’t have a personal relationship with the doctor at hlc that is crucial in pre-surgery as well in the after surgery period.

i knew that doc Bekir opened his own clinic so I contacted him.

i didn’t meet him at hlc but i saw some of his works and i really liked them (i can say that they were the best from hlc). 

When I texted him the first time I told him “I was the guy who came at hlc after Pekiner aborted the op”. He knew my story because…my story is quite famous in Ankara!

I explained that I was very scared to live the same experience again.

he understood and was supportive from the first second.

he talked with me a lot about my expectations, the procedure, the timings and the hairline design.

i sent him hundreds of texts and he was always kind to answer to all my questions.

i can say we became friend and let me say i am really proud of his friendship.

Why a second procedure?

two reasons.

1) the first time i stayed very conservative because i was scared to get a botched effect.

2) after some years from my first procedure,  suspect that i lost some “density” (I can’t be sure of it, because every couple of years I have very strong telogen effluvium so it could be just a temporary shedding).

THE PROCEDURE

i designed my hairline.

The doctor and I discussed a lot about hairline design (I sent him 100s picture with different hairline design) so I was quite sure what I was looking for.

In that moment, I went for the most conservative option and I decided not to rebuild 100% the temporal hairline. 

I designed two hairlines (in the attached pic, you can say that the right side and the left side are different). At the end, we opted for something “in the middle” (sorry, we forgot to take the pic of the final design).

the doctor checked the hairline, said it was ok and the procedure started.

we planned 1 day op but, because the next day he was free, dr Bekir kindly decided to split my operation in 2 days op.
 1370 in total (670+700).

AFTER CARE

i tried to forget to get an ht.

sometimes i texted the doc when i was in “panic” and other times he texted me for the updates. 

because I had a semi shaved fue, it was quite easy to move on. After the first month I had my first haircut just to hide the transplant and nobody suspected I had something done.

The donor recovered very fast and the growth started at moths 3.

i think that the pics speak for themselves.

pre-op 

immediately after op

at 5 months dry hair

at 5 months wet hair

At 15 days

at 15 days

IMG_3074.jpeg

IMG_3075.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

IMG_0733.jpeg

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor

Interested to see another Dr Bek case! How many grafts?

And what is this legendary aborted surgery with Dr Pekiner? 👀

6 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Interested to see another Dr Bek case! How many grafts?

And what is this legendary aborted surgery with Dr Pekiner? 👀

pekiner actracted 200 grafts. After 30 minutes he aborted my operation and said not to implant the grafts because they could not survive.

end of the story? I lost 200 grafts

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I also had Dr. Bekir for my implantation so I would say you had a good set of hands touching your head. 

sorry to hear about your lost grafts. That’s completely unacceptable and unfortunate. But hopefully your results will pay forward and you forget it even happened!

apologies if you’re repeating, but you did some temporal work done? Could you please post some photos? I was hoping to address this in my next procedure and would like to see.

best wishes in your growth duchaine!

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

4 minutes ago, Vann said:

I also had Dr. Bekir for my implantation so I would say you had a good set of hands touching your head. 

sorry to hear about your lost grafts. That’s completely unacceptable and unfortunate. But hopefully your results will pay forward and you forget it even happened!

apologies if you’re repeating, but you did some temporal work done? Could you please post some photos? I was hoping to address this in my next procedure and would like to see.

best wishes in your growth duchaine!

When did you get your work done?

Bekir is a great guy. I really like him. His team is great as well.

My brother was with me and is “in love” with him.

he is planning to have his procedure in November.
I had “half work” done on my temples. We didn’t recreate the temporal peaks because are still there but we worked on the inner part of the temporal hairline.

i am planning a third procedure (about 500 grafts) for the temples and the “widow’s peak. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TakeAction said:

What happened with Pekiner? Why would he just stop the operation like that?

He said that my fu were going to die, so I had no chance to get a good ht. He was totally wrong.

that said, I opened a thread on that story years ago.

now we should stay focused on bekir’s work.

Edited by duchaine

13 hours ago, duchaine said:

When did you get your work done?

Bekir is a great guy. I really like him. His team is great as well.

My brother was with me and is “in love” with him.

he is planning to have his procedure in November.
I had “half work” done on my temples. We didn’t recreate the temporal peaks because are still there but we worked on the inner part of the temporal hairline.

i am planning a third procedure (about 500 grafts) for the temples and the “widow’s peak. 

This was when he was still at HLC so 2 years ago approximately around this time of year.

Slow and conservative is a better approach than doing it all at once.

13 hours ago, duchaine said:

My planning for the third and hopefully last transplant @Vann

IMG_3040.jpeg

The hair line design is actually similar to what I did too haha. I wanted to do my left temple but wasn’t confident in doing it the first procedure. I prefer to do smaller procedures across the future. So I think we have the same mind set.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators

That’s awesome, Ive been hearing some good news about Dr. Bek. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Vann said:

This was when he was still at HLC so 2 years ago approximately around this time of year.

Slow and conservative is a better approach than doing it all at once.

The hair line design is actually similar to what I did too haha. I wanted to do my left temple but wasn’t confident in doing it the first procedure. I prefer to do smaller procedures across the future. So I think we have the same mind set.

I totally agree.

With small steps, you can handle a failure and you can clearly see want king of improvements you really need!

17 hours ago, Idan said:

Looks great and super clean. The growth seems great too. It’s crazy you’re already thinking about a third surgery. Enjoy this one first!

Thanks Idan!
I know it sounds weird but I am 46 at the moment and I don't want to pay attention to my hair after 50 :D

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 8:35 AM, wr1015 said:

Do you have some donor photos? 

I just took a pic. Funny I am in the train now, the same train where I took a pic in 2017 (when I saw that I was bald and needed medications).

my donor is immaculate. Nobody can guess I had a work done.

IMG_3165.png

IMG_3166.jpeg

5 hours ago, duchaine said:

I just took a pic. Funny I am in the train now, the same train where I took a pic in 2017 (when I saw that I was bald and needed medications).

my donor is immaculate. Nobody can guess I had a work done.

IMG_3165.png

IMG_3166.jpeg

Looks good - do you have any showing the extraction pattern shortly after surgery

On 6/18/2024 at 12:48 AM, wr1015 said:

Looks good - do you have any showing the extraction pattern shortly after surgery

At the beginning, I was a little worried. After 5 months, I suppose that I had some shock loss in the donor area and in the crown.

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0827.jpeg