2nd surgery to win density

Hello I ve had my surgery one month ago ,I think my final density will be ok but not the best ,I had 3200 grafts for corners and thinning front .

i know it’s too early but I’m thinking of doing a  2 procedure with my doctor ,to soften the hairline and add up some 1000 more grafts. 500 per side to make it  fuller packed and get a better final result 

‘opinions please IMG_0386.thumb.jpeg.b617a051cc630d37ac65d409f125e824.jpeg

image.jpg

IMG_0393.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Can't provide any advice if you don't provide additional background information about your hair loss history, age, medication,etc.

Edited by Eli_Avdikian

Posted (edited)

I’m 55 years old ,never took meds ,and I was Norwood 3 ish ,my doctor said my hair loss can’t be much in the future  as my peak age for loss is gone .i had a decent quantity  hair before surgery  ,but my original question is another 

Edited by Gustavo

How can you conclude in just one month that your final result won't be good?

With 3200 grafts (That's a Huge Grafts) on frontal area, I am quite sure you will get good density. I don't know which doctor you went to though

Stop thinking about second procedure now you still have 11 months more to go.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

With 3200 grafts (That's a Huge Grafts) on frontal area, I am quite sure you will get good density. I don't know which doctor you went to though

^ completely agree. There's no way you can plan for another procedure just after one month post procedure. You never know how it willl shape up at 12 month mark.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's only been 1 month since your hair transplant. It looks like they transplanted a good amount of grafts, so if they all grow it shouldn't be too thin. You may still want to thicken it up, but you need to wait until about 8 months after to start thinking about where you may need more grafts.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

13 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Thanks for your reassuring remark!

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

It's only been 1 month since your hair transplant. It looks like they transplanted a good amount of grafts, so if they all grow it shouldn't be too thin. You may still want to thicken it up, but you need to wait until about 8 months after to start thinking about where you may need more grafts.

^This

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.