Are my grafts damaged?

Hello people,

I hope You are fine! ❤️

I need advice and help, because I'm very worried, but I don't know if there's a reason. I went for a hair transplant in Turkey but because I washed my hair every day (the first 10 days according to the doctor's recommendation) my scalp was dry and a lot of crusts appear, I'm not talking about scabs, but about mild dandruff... I had bought a spray some time ago which is special only with 100% natural herbs for hair growth and skin soothing but contains about 10% alcohol to dissolve the herbs and accordingly I only used on ninth(9) day spray on my scalp once which actually stung a little because of my irritated skin and more the fresh wound from the transplant but it calmed her down afterwards My question is is it possible I hit the grafts I didn't have any bleeding I'm just worried Thanks a lot and sorry for my English 🙏❤️

P.S The first three photos(from top to bottom)are from today(day 18) the other 4 are from the 9th day I used the spray, and the other is the contents of the spray

IMG_20240504_145858.jpg

IMG_20240504_090914.jpg

IMG_20240503_120612.jpg

IMG_20240425_203435.jpg

IMG_20240425_195451.jpg

IMG_20240425_193508.jpg

IMG_20240425_150100.jpg

IMG_20240425_120304.jpg

• Administrators

These are scabs, nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

14 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Thank you very much for your reply sir! 🙏❤️ 

Is it possible from the lotion that I have burned the grafts or on the 9th day this is impossible? As I wrote the lotion is about 10 maximum 11% alcohol (I measured it) and i only used it once about 10 sprays

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

Thank you very much for your reply sir! 🙏❤️ 

Is it possible from the lotion that I have burned the grafts or on the 9th day this is impossible? As I wrote the lotion is about 10 maximum 11% alcohol (I measured it) and i only used it once about 10 sprays

Alcohol will not burn the grafts. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

58 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Thank you for your reply sir

Are you sure that alcohol can't burn the grafts🙄🙄 and is it normal for my hair to start falling after the 10th day even almost all my newly grafted hair has fallen and today is only day 18? 🙏🙏

39 minutes ago, donpizmeov said:

He gave you his answer already - and yes, shedding time is varible from person to person. 

Thanks for the replies guys hope you are right ❤️
Stay healthy

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Are you sure that alcohol can't burn the grafts🙄🙄 and is it normal for my hair to start falling after the 10th day even almost all my newly grafted hair has fallen and today is only day 18? 🙏🙏

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

Thanks for the replies guys hope you are right ❤️
Stay healthy

Your question has been answered already. The answer isn’t suddenly going to change mate!

If your shampoo could “burn the grafts”, then every hair on your body that it comes into contact with it would theoretically burn, too. Unless you’re now smooth as a newborn baby all over, you’ll be ok!

• Like 1

All looks normal. It is also normal to start shedding and/or shock loss as early as in two weeks. 
In my opinion, it is better to just let your head heal naturally rather than using products (even if the label says natural) so soon after HT. Always seek approval from your doctor before putting anything on your hair, especially during the initial phase after the surgery. Sometimes trying to “help” or “speed up” things actually makes it worse.

• Like 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

4 hours ago, YodaHead said:

All looks normal. It is also normal to start shedding and/or shock loss as early as in two weeks. 
In my opinion, it is better to just let your head heal naturally rather than using products (even if the label says natural) so soon after HT. Always seek approval from your doctor before putting anything on your hair, especially during the initial phase after the surgery. Sometimes trying to “help” or “speed up” things actually makes it worse.

Thanks for the reply I will definitely not be using the lotion again

22 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Your question has been answered already. The answer isn’t suddenly going to change mate!

If your shampoo could “burn the grafts”, then every hair on your body that it comes into contact with it would theoretically burn, too. Unless you’re now smooth as a newborn baby all over, you’ll be ok!

It wasn't Shampoo, it was Lotion

My problem and concerns are that the wound is fresh and not completely healthy and nine days before applying the lotion the new grafts were put in

The other part of my body is healthy there is no irritated skin and no wound and it is normal that the lotion does not burn the hair

My concern was that the alcohol from the lotion would not penetrate into my canals and from there burn the grafts because the skin was not healed and when I put the lotion on I felt a slight burning sensation (I guess from the contact of the alcohol in the lotion and unhealed scalp) Otherwise I agree with you!

It’s always very important to wait until the scalp is completely healed before applying anything…most clinics advise their patients to remove the crusts after approximately 10-12 days…and then a lotion enriched with aloe vera is all that’s needed to soothe the scalp and facilitate complete healing of the epidermis.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

You should be fine. Believe it or not, in the old days the clinic used to give you a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and a bottle of rubbing alcohol and you were supposed to dab them on the grafts and strip scar until the scabs come off and the sutures or staples come out. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Probably fine. I’d make sure to rinse the spray residue and shampoo it off as best as you can and not use it until your scalp is fully healed. Only do what your clinic has instructed you

22 hours ago, gillenator said:

It’s always very important to wait until the scalp is completely healed before applying anything…most clinics advise their patients to remove the crusts after approximately 10-12 days…and then a lotion enriched with aloe vera is all that’s needed to soothe the scalp and facilitate complete healing of the epidermis.

I applied the lotion on the ninth day at the end of the healing process (but not completely) I still had crusts Is it possible that I did not damage (burn) the grafts and everything is Ok? there was no bleeding

6 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

I applied the lotion on the ninth day at the end of the healing process (but not completely) I still had crusts Is it possible that I did not damage (burn) the grafts and everything is Ok? there was no bleeding

By ninth day your grafts are perfectly secured and yes you  have not burnt your grafts. 

So stop worrying now and focus on healing.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 6:50 PM, Ivan Ivanov said:

No worries, you are fine…some of the crusts become very hard when they dry out and I find that it’s best to first soak your scalp in the shower with water and shampoo suds, wait approximately 10 minutes and then remove the crusts.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

After how long is it safe to use the lotion? It stimulates hair growth because it contains natural extracts of aloe vera, lavender,nettles, chamomile, rosemary and more, and also soothes my scalp so that I don't have dandruff, which in turn hinders hair growth more or less

I remind you that the lotion contains a small amount of alcohol (about 10-11%)

Thanks 🙏

IMG_20240425_120304.jpg

1 hour ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

After how long is it safe to use the lotion? It stimulates hair growth because it contains natural extracts of aloe vera, lavender,nettles, chamomile, rosemary and more, and also soothes my scalp so that I don't have dandruff, which in turn hinders hair growth more or less

I remind you that the lotion contains a small amount of alcohol (about 10-11%)

Thanks 🙏

IMG_20240425_120304.jpg

Safe to use it after 15 days

I have an interesting question. Why, after it is claimed that the grafts are secured after 10-15 days, it is not recommended to cut with a clipper for the first six months, aren't the grafts safe? 🙄🙄