Dr. Jerry Cooley | 2500 FUT | April 29th 2024

Posted (edited)

On Monday, April 29th 2024, I had an FUT at Cooley Hair Center with Dr. Jerry Cooley. 

The procedure went great, I was in no pain at all. 

I’ve been spraying my grafts, every hour for the first 2 days (once every 2 hours at night) and now once every 2 or 3 hours and none at night. I’ve been sleeping upright pretty successfully. 

My donor site is still 90% numb and I’ve been unable to take a picture as of yet but it feels good. My scalp doesn’t really feel tight either. It sort of feels tight but it’s not extremely tight and not uncomfortable. 

I’ll be updating this thread. The first pictures will be a before the procedure and the next day, after they washed it. 

also everything is starting to itch. Any tips for that?

Also I am on Xyon Health’s topical duta that I’ve been using once a week so far. Im taking a 2 week break for the recipient sites to heal. After that I’m probably going to move to twice a week Monday/Friday. That should help reverse the miniaturization of my existing hair.

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_6744.jpeg

Edited by GhostCryptid13

It’s 3 days post-op and scabs are now forming. It looks like fewer grafts than I initially thought, but I know that’s just me being paranoid. 

im definitely going to be relying on topical duta to thicken the existing hair in the middle! 

IMG_6769.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like clean work. Do you know if this will be a one and done procedure or do you think you’ll need another procedure to achieve the desired density? Curious that you’re not feeling any tightness, did you do scalp elasticity exercises prior to surgery? 
In your next update can you please post some pictures of your scar? 

Did Dr Cooley prescribe the Xyon topical dutasteride? Are you applying it over your entire scalp? 

Sorry for all the questions, I’m jut curious. 😀 happy growing!

Edited by Amiele
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amiele said:

Looks like clean work. Do you know if this will be a one and done procedure or do you think you’ll need another procedure to achieve the desired density? Curious that you’re not feeling any tightness, did you do scalp elasticity exercises prior to surgery? 
In your next update can you please post some pictures of your scar? 

Did Dr Cooley prescribe the Xyon topical dutasteride? Are you applying it over your entire scalp? 

Sorry for all the questions, I’m jut curious. 😀 happy growing!

So I am starting to feel tightness, but only in the very back (where it’s next to impossible to actually stretch) and it’s not a lot of tightness, I can just tell it’s tight and it feels like it’s being..held in a mild/medium stretch constantly.

I did scalp exercises and I think they helped a lot. I also think that the back will get relaxed as it creates more skin due to the constant stretching. 

I think this should be a one and done as long as the topical dutasteride works and de-miniturizes the non transplanted hairs I have. Not really looking for a lot of regrowth with it, though that’d be a great bonus! He did tell me to get the xyon health duta and he uses it himself. Currently only applying it to the miniaturized area but I’m probably going to start using 2 pumps to apply to more of my scalp once a week. If I tolerate that with no sides then I’m moving to twice a week, Monday and Friday. 

I’ll attempt to get a picture of the scar but that might not be possible till I get the stitches out. 

I don’t mind the questions 

1 hour ago, GhostCryptid13 said:

Just an update: Day..11? I have most of the scabs off! Not all of them mind you, but enough to know how it looks.

This definitely motivates me to continue with the topical duta on Monday and Friday

Just curious - why topical Dut instead of pill?

Just now, Buffaloboy said:

Just curious - why topical Dut instead of pill?

I tried topical fin in the past and got sides on it and if I got sides on the topical then I’m likely to get sides on the pill form. topical dut is supposed to go less systemic, it’s what he recommended. 

if possible I’d like to not go on regular fin. Tbh I’m already the type of guy to worry about sides so I’d probably nocebo myself into sides. But if I have to I’d try it…probably .25 mg 3 times per week 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

It looks like very clean work. Thanks for posting. Keep us updated.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.