Lots of bald spots during shedding phase

Im at Week 6 and have shed quite a lot. I can see quite a few new hairs coming through but Im slightly concerned at the amount of completely bald spots with no sign of any follicles. Is this normal at this stage and nothing to worry about or should I be worried? You can by comparing week 2 picture to todays picture how many follicles there were before I started
shedding. 
image.thumb.jpeg.f815caad7b4ba53acc81b565b1ac442f.jpeg

Posted (edited)

This is what is usually referred to as the "ugly duckling" part of hair transplant recovery and happens in almost every case. It's alarming and frustrating but don't worry! They'll grow back 🙂

Edited by zepruska
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, zepruska said:

This is what is usually referred to as the "ugly duckling" part of hair transplant recovery and happens in almost every case. It's alarming and frustrating but don't worry! They'll grow back 🙂

Thanks for clarifying. I was expecting the shedding, but the thing that threw me was seeing only a few hairs growing back in quite sparsely rather than all of the transplanted hairs growing back in all at the same time

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Portugal said:

Thanks for clarifying. I was expecting the shedding, but the thing that threw me was seeing only a few hairs growing back in quite sparsely rather than all of the transplanted hairs growing back in all at the same time

New hair usually starts growing in at around the 3 month mark.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.