6000 grafts in 2 days?

Hi ,

I had an online consultation with Dr. Das and require around 5500-6000 grafts for my Norwood 6 type.

Due to logistics reasons, I m thinking to get it done by Dr. Somesh in Hyderabad this month but he has got only 2 days capacity beyond that he has to go back to Gurgaon. But the Patient consultant is saying that they will push it to get it done within 2 days.

I m not sure if this is right in terms of expectations and I have seen similar cases around 5500 grafts have been distributed for 3 days work.

Can anyone help me in this situation to make my decision and also please break it down what each day briefly the doctors or technicians do, so that will give me an idea where I stand.

Many thanks.

• Administrators

@Stewiehad his procedure with Dr. Soumesh, it is probably one of the most impressive repairs ive ever seen.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don't get that . I understand Dr. Somesh is good at his job. But my question is 'Is it doable 6000 grafts in 2 days or is there any issue health wise ?

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Vamdev said:

I don't get that . I understand Dr. Somesh is good at his job. But my question is 'Is it doable 6000 grafts in 2 days or is there any issue health wise ?

It’s perfectly doable, but it leaves little room for the unexpected. For example, it’s not uncommon for patients to ooze quite a lot during surgery, which can slow things down. My first surgery was only 2762 grafts but took two days as I oozed a lot on day one. If I’d had needed 6,000 grafts, it’s possible that it could have ran into a third day. 

You might be better off giving yourself more leeway by looking at different dates or by going to Delhi instead. 

Of course, you could well be totally fine with two days but these things are worth considering in advance regardless. 

5 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You might be better off giving yourself more leeway by looking at different dates or by going to Delhi instead. 

Of course, you could well be totally fine with two days but these things are worth considering in advance regardless. 

^ Completely agree. I think travelling to Delhi would be a better idea, because that's their main base. On the other hand, two days might be completely enough. But sometimes complications can arise in a surgery

3 hours ago, Shadman said:

^ Completely agree. I think travelling to Delhi would be a better idea, because that's their main base. On the other hand, two days might be completely enough. But sometimes complications can arise in a surgery

I have got other doctorby name Dr. Nilesh  not Dr.Somesh on 3rd day to complete the remaining bits if required. 

Wondering is that a good proposition?

4 minutes ago, Vamdev said:

I have got other doctorby name Dr. Nilesh  not Dr.Somesh on 3rd day to complete the remaining bits if required. 

Wondering is that a good proposition?

Never heard of him, 

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Is this Dr Anil? An older surgeon?

No  Clue. Patient Consultant Anurag mentioned Dr. Nilesh is taking care of exclusive package.

If it goes into a third day and you end up with another Dr taking care of you, the main hard work in terms of slits etc has taken place at that point, and its more on the rest of the team to do the work and have the Dr oversee it at that point. I think either option sounds good, but I would think you would more than likely run into 3 days for sure