Dr. Hasson / 3055 grafts / Dense pack / FUE / frontal zone / 1 year post-op

This Seattle patient in his mid-30’s desired to have his hairline restored back to a reasonable degree and have it look natural for as long as possible. His goals were realistic and he was comfortable deferring to Dr. Hasson’s best judgment on ideal hairline placement and design.   

Dr. Hasson and team transplanted a total of 3055 grafts using the FUE method of extraction. 300 of those grafts were single hair grafts, 2495 were doubles and 260 were 3-4 hair grafts. A .85mm size punch was used in the extraction process. 

These photos were taken at the clinic just over one-year post-op.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

Tay 16.jpg

• Like 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• Administrators

Now that’s dense!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Britanium, 

As you may already know, numbers per square centimeter can be deceiving and several factors are involved. So a discussion about a general number can be less productive without all the other variables taken into account. A limited donor supply with a large area to cover can influence the density that should be attempted. The reverse (good donor, relatively small area to cover) will also influence ideal density. Another important factor is hair shaft caliber.  Fine hair is more difficult to make look thick because you need large numbers and high density. Hair that is coarser will provide more volume in space and therefore will look denser when in fact it may have the same number of grafts or less per square centimeter than a patient with fine hair. In the end, a certain amount of density is required for the most natural result. Dr. Hasson estimates this patient’s transplanted density at about 90/cm2. In this and similar cases, his approach is to look at the surrounding hair and to try and match that density for optimal results.  If you look at the post -op photo, it would appear this was accomplished here. In general, that is a very difficult density to achieve in one session but more routine for Dr. Hasson given his skill set. 

Edited by H & W Doug
  • Like 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

1 hour ago, H & W Doug said:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Britanium, 

As you may already know, numbers per square centimeter can be deceiving and several factors are involved. So a discussion about a general number can be less productive without all the other variables taken into account. A limited donor supply with a large area to cover can influence the density that should be attempted. The reverse (good donor, relatively small area to cover) will also influence ideal density. Another important factor is hair shaft caliber.  Fine hair is more difficult to make look thick because you need large numbers and high density. Hair that is coarser will provide more volume in space and therefore will look denser when in fact it may have the same number of grafts or less per square centimeter than a patient with fine hair. In the end, a certain amount of density is required for the most natural result. Dr. Hasson estimates this patient’s transplanted density at about 90/cm2. In this and similar cases, his approach is to look at the surrounding hair and to try and match that density for optimal results.  If you look at the post -op photo, it would appear this was accomplished here. In general, that is a very difficult density to achieve in one session but more routine for Dr. Hasson given his skill set. 

Hi, yes I'm very aware of all the factors that take are taken in consideration. Here I was just curious as to what it might be given it looks to be really good density, the figure of 90 cm2 is very good, I like seeing higher density when/where it's appropriate to do. Thank you for the reply 🙏

12 hours ago, Britanium said:

Hi, yes I'm very aware of all the factors that take are taken in consideration. Here I was just curious as to what it might be given it looks to be really good density, the figure of 90 cm2 is very good, I like seeing higher density when/where it's appropriate to do. Thank you for the reply 🙏

I assume you guys talk about 90 hairs per square cm not grafts right?

• Moderators
On 3/5/2024 at 2:20 AM, H & W Doug said:

Dr. Hasson estimates this patient’s transplanted density at about 90/cm2

Wow. That is dense packing!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.