Did I lower my hairline too much?

I received 2000 grafts in my hairline to fix it for cosmetic reasons as I was naturally born with a receding hairline. But I am balding in a few areas on my midscalp now and worried 2000 grafts was too much. First two pictures are before and last 3 are post op and now. I am 7 months post op still. I am a diffuse thinner.

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_0516.png

IMG_0593.png

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

12 hours ago, mojones said:

I received 2000 grafts in my hairline to fix it for cosmetic reasons as I was naturally born with a receding hairline. But I am balding in a few areas on my midscalp now and worried 2000 grafts was too much. First two pictures are before and last 3 are post op and now. I am 7 months post op still. I am a diffuse thinner.

IMG_1094.jpeg

IMG_0516.png

IMG_0593.png

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

Yes, was it your decision ? Do you know distance of your hairline from glabella ?

• Moderators

It's a little bit low, but to be fair, it's not fully 2000 in the hairline as they did scatter some grafts throughout the midscalp, so you may be fine. You'll need more grafts there eventually as you're thinning there, but you didn't really use up a whole lot in the hairline.

ย 

image.png

ย 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

It's a little bit low, but to be fair, it's not fully 2000 in the hairline as they did scatter some grafts throughout the midscalp, so you may be fine. You'll need more grafts there eventually as you're thinning there, but you didn't really use up a whole lot in the hairline.

ย 

image.png

ย 

So it was actually another 500 in the midscalp. Total was 2500. 2000 was used for the hairline and temples. I wish I used less on the hairline so I could use it later for my midscalp as I am a diffuse thinner..

would this change your opinion?

Edited by mojones

• 3 weeks later...