Topical dutasteride penetration

Yabala

14 hours ago, 12345 said:

its a myth. it will still go systemic. the whole too heavy dalton theory is just a rumor. 

So topical dutasteride does penetrate the skin ?

1 hour ago, Yabala said:

So topical dutasteride does penetrate the skin ?

yes. dut, fin, etc, they all are absorbed into the blood vessels in the scalp

12 minutes ago, 12345 said:

yes. dut, fin, etc, they all are absorbed into the blood vessels in the scalp

Thanks for the answer 

• Administrators

It will absorb, but a lot less. There’s a guy here who checked his DHT. It was reduced by 40%. Another guy had his DHT change by 10%. Either way, it’s way less than the oral version. Oral dutasteride eliminates 90-95% of systemic DHT. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It will absorb, but a lot less. There’s a guy here who checked his DHT. It was reduced by 40%. Another guy had his DHT change by 10%. Either way, it’s way less than the oral version. Oral dutasteride eliminates 90-95% of systemic DHT. 

I see. How about the percentage of scalp dht reduction of topical dutasteride ?

On 3/2/2024 at 9:11 PM, 12345 said:

its a myth. it will still go systemic. the whole too heavy dalton theory is just a rumor. 

That's such an ignorant comment. As if topical medications' scalp pentration is a matter of yes or no, white or black. All topicals penetrate the skin , wether we like it or not. But that's not that real question. What we need to answer is how much excatly of the medication is being absorbed by the scalp/follicles, and how much permeates into circulation. The dalton rule is a very legit rule in dermatology, and topical medications like dutasteride are absorbed systemically by many individuals in negligeable amounts.

• Thumbs-down 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

That's such an ignorant comment. As if topical medications' scalp pentration is a matter of yes or no, white or black. All topicals penetrate the skin , wether we like it or not. But that's not that real question. What we need to answer is how much excatly of the medication is being absorbed by the scalp/follicles, and how much permeates into circulation. The dalton rule is a very legit rule in dermatology, and topical medications like dutasteride are absorbed systemically by many individuals in negligeable amounts.

i guess I am ignorant then. 

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed insult

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, 12345 said:

i guess I am ignorant then. 

Please treat other members with respect. We don't allow insults here.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

a member asked if dut cannot penetrate the skin, and I gave them the correct answer, that it does indeed penetrate the skin.

still believing that dut is too heavy to penetrate the epidermis, and cannot enter the blood vessels in the dermis is the REAL ignorance.

There have been plenty of anecdotal reports from members on this forum of this that topical dut goes systemic, and even members who have measured their DHT levels dropping being on using topical dut. The dalton theory was just that a theory. 

so let us stop spreading false information that topical dut does not go systemic, bc it does. how our individual bodies react to that drop in dht ultimately determines whether we can tolerate it or choose to discontinue its use. 

• Like 1

I don't use topical dut in any shape or form, nor do I believe that it's an effective medication when it comes to fighting MPB, so, don't construe my comment as a defense of the use of topical fin or dut. However, I wonder who's spreading false information here, me, or that who's preaching 5AR inhibtors fear-mongering, in both oral and topical forms, claiming that 5AR inhibitors are "anti-androgens", and dissemenating the pseudo-scientifc talk about the so-called "sensitivity to anti-androgens".

• Thumbs-down 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Melvin- Admin Dr.Gillett has been on Andrew Hubermans podcast and some others. They seem to have some good information on their YouTube and go into depth with a lot of the information they provide. Might be worth trying to get them on a podcast and discuss some of the topics on here. I’ve definitely learned a lot.