Month 5 - Nader

A little disappointed in growth from month 4 to month 5 but over all happy with the results. I'm letting the top grow out and maybe that's why I see the lack of density and the slower progress from month 4-5. I think all the new hairs have sprouted and now it's about thickening and density.

Any thoughts? Below are pics from before surgery and month 4.

Positives - I'm definitely feeling more comfortable with hat off....I hid behind the hat for years. Dates are asking how I look so young for 52. And people are telling me to grow out my hair now....before they said shave it.  

CaycethumbII.jpg.7aa970c34d98305e1fe4da00a2692bdb.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-29 183943.jpg

You're definitely not a fast grower. It looks like some improvement is happening still, so it might very well still turn out great. 

Some people just take a lot longer for the transplant to really develop. 

• Valued Contributor

It looks right on track for 5 months. You’ll continue to see improvement until 12 months and even beyond. This will look great when all is said and done!

Thanks. Have to admit there is some disappointment and fear due to the lack of strong progress between months 4-5. I thought I had great progress from months 3-4. I'm still overall happy with the results as I know it will get at least 20-30% better. I have fine lighter hair and always understood that density appearance would be tough.   I just need the hairs to thicken up more. At looking at other people's progress pics from month to month, I realize their overall hair grows faster than mine. I may have trimmed the midscalp hair a little since the HT but not much and haven't trimmed the transplanted hair at all....and it's been 5 months.

All opinions are welcome. If the hair growth is marginal/low, I'd like to know. 

• 1 month later...

Month 7 Update

Definitely seeing the more thickening and more density. Having the hair longer with a high fade does help the appearance. Overall, I believe the result is very good. I may not have the density that would be ideal but....having fine hair has it's limitations and also I was basically completely bald in the front. Again, the transplant was only 3k grafts.

A few additional items I've noticed. I have to keep my hair pretty clean with little oil for the appearance of good density. I was recently in a humid ocean environment and my hair actually became somewhat wavy, which really helped to increase the appearance of density. I live in a very dry climate (Denver) and may need to really limit hair conditioner. 

I still expect some improvement with overall density but have modest expectations. I'm 52 and while younger people may not believe the result is optimum, it still looks great for my age and can easily pass for 40. Nader did a great job IMO. 

I can say that I'm comfortable walking around without a hat....which is huge for me. And If I do wear a hat, I'm not paranoid about taking it off in public. This was a big self esteem issue for me. This alone makes this procedure a complete success! 

On a side note - Do I get more likes on dating websites...yeah. Am I getting necessarily getting hotter girls...I don't think so. I think this is something that younger guys may want to know. I believe there is definitely more confidence though and definitely  more comfortable in social situations with out the hat on!

The last pic is pre surgery... 

Screenshot 2024-05-02 135759.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

CaycethumbII.jpg.7aa970c34d98305e1fe4da00a2692bdb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow…

This is a pretty good result so far. I would be ecstatic if I were you.  I can’t wait to see your progress after one year. I’m only at the 3 month mark and have a bit to go still to see any density.  

I can’t wait until I can stop wearing a hat.  The last 3 months have felt like an eternity.

Hope it turns out well. I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr. Nader's office about a consultation. I hate to ask but how much did you pay per graft or was it a fixed price?

14 hours ago, rs525 said:

Hope it turns out well. I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr. Nader's office about a consultation. I hate to ask but how much did you pay per graft or was it a fixed price?

It was fixed based on number of grafts. We agreed on then number of grafts on the consultation....with the the ability to shift higher or lower once we met live. Basically it was priced per 500 grafts. Nader is top notch and believe he would adjust pricing if the number of grafts were in 3,200 or 2,700. But don't split hairs (hah) on relative pricing or he will won't respond to you.  Nader is worth the cost....even if his pricing has substantially increased.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hairman1984 said:

Wow…

This is a pretty good result so far. I would be ecstatic if I were you.  I can’t wait to see your progress after one year. I’m only at the 3 month mark and have a bit to go still to see any density.  

I can’t wait until I can stop wearing a hat.  The last 3 months have felt like an eternity.

The emotional cost of this process is tough....it will be worth it! Not sure I can do it again. My crown needs a little help but not sure I can put myself through another 18 months of this....but you never know.  Keep looking at the pics post surgery before the ugly duckling stage...when the  scabs fall off and you have the full buzzed cut look.

• Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cospine said:

Nader is worth the cost....even if his pricing has substantially increased.

First of all, Congrats!! This looks so natural and it’s only going to become fuller! 👌🏻👌🏻

Second. Even with his price increase he’s still less expensive than/or as expensive as most U.S. clinics performing FUT

Third. Kinda going back to the first but for only 7 months your smile says it all. Congratulations again!

Truly looking forward to 12 months for you.

Edited by Steeeve
Bad spelling
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I've heard back from Dr Nader and he suggested 2000-2500 grafts for my Norwood 2.5 receding hairline. I've decided to with him and 2000 graft option despite his higher prices as I feel the most comfortable with him. I've put in my reservation for the summer of next year and I'm on the standby list in case anything turns up. I'm glad there's no deposit fee so I can cancel in case something changes. 

However a guy on Reddit told me he gave up on Nader right as he landed in McAllen due to lack of important communication prior to the surgery and that Reynosa is a no go zone where people get killed. Also I heard some people were unhappy with Dr. Naders density.

Edited by rs525
concerns about Dr. Nader

Posted (edited)

@rs525I never felt any threat in Reynoso. The driver handles everything..... you are in and out. 

As far as communication, Nader and staff don't spend alot of time with back and forth emails. I had to bug his assistant Brenda a little on confirming dates, pick up times, ect. That being said, she was already on top of everything. Nader does a great job taking the time in the morning to review everything in great detail and without pressure.

Density - My density is a little low but I'm only 7 months in and have fine hair. I believe any lack of density is due to my circumstances and nothing to do with Nader's work. Also, we were fairly conservative with 3k grafts. He's extremely busy and we discussed the business side during my morning consultation before the surgery. Nader doesn't want to compromise his work by expanding and bringing in another doctor. I truly believe his authenticity of doing quality work and connecting with his patients....

Edited by Cospine
  • Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Cospine said:

Density - My density is a little low but I'm only 7 months in and have fine hair. I believe any lack of density is due to my circumstances and nothing to do with Nader's work. Also, we were fairly conservative with 3k grafts.

You had practically no hair at all in the entire front half, so for 3000 grafts it looks very good. Could you have gotten more grafts? I personally would have wanted a slightly lower hair line, but that would have required another 1000 grafts probably.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

You had practically no hair at all in the entire front half, so for 3000 grafts it looks very good. Could you have gotten more grafts? I personally would have wanted a slightly lower hair line, but that would have required another 1000 grafts probably.

Thank you! I needed some objective input. I agree it looks great as well.

I could have gone to 3,500 grafts and lowered the hairline  but it would have required another day. The thought was maybe come back for another surgery to work on the crown and address any changes to the hairline (an maybe density). After going through this process and the wait times for Nader, I'm not sure I can do this again. I would be looking at 2 years to see that final result  if I booked now