Second repair / correction surgery with Dr. Bisanga , BHR Clinic , Belgium.

Second repair / correction surgery with Dr. Bisanga 

Hello everyone,

If you are new here or you don’t know my case please check the links below for my previous threads and read everything there so you can understand and have a clear picture of my story.

1st link: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/69658-upcoming-repair-for-a-bad-hairline-and-patchy-donor-september-2023/#comment-733198

2nd link: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/70124-correction-surgery-with-dr-bisanga-in-brussels-belgium/

Now back to my story.

I went today to see Dr. Bisanga for the second time for another plugs removal & donor re-stocking session. This time the session went easier than the first one 6 months ago. From start to finish everything went smooth. I was actually enjoying my time at the clinic having a bit of chat with everyone I really felt like being back to a familiar happy place.

Regarding the surgery: Dr. Bisanga punched out around 200 grafts from unwanted grafts the was left from the first session of removal back in early September 2023. This time those 200 grafts were placed only in one-side of my donor (right side behind my ear) and that is because that area looks patchy with a lot of empty gaps. Hopefully after few months that area will improve a bit more. I will keep an eye on it and post a regular updates like before.

From the hairline the punches looks clean and far from each other, therefore, hopefully like the last procedure it will leave minimal scarring that is barely noticeable. Will do update regularly as well for you all to evaluate.

Here are the photos from today’s surgery:

IMG_1581.thumb.jpeg.6c2cebad75b8648040d6fbd8dc29ffee.jpegIMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.b871f62f183330e8402cba9403b3e6d4.jpegIMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.08eeb368b690fa9cfd37d3669cb47b09.jpegIMG_1590.thumb.jpeg.cc3ca0e86e09de84605226210f590da9.jpeg

This time Dr. Bisanga used a new method to speed up the process to clear the hairline area from unwanted hairs to be ready for next surgery of implanting a proper singles to re-define a proper hairline. This method Is to use a combination of FUE to remove grafts as well as Electrolysis at the same time to kill those grafts in between FUE punches to make sure they don’t grow back after. This method I believe saves a lot of time and effort especially in repairs and will benefit those who are looking for a quick result of bad hairline repair similar to my case.

So instead of coming back for a third session of removal & donor re-stocking, Stressing my skin again with punches, I can come next time to only design my dream hairline =P

Thanks to Dr. Bisanga and his amazing team for their professional work bringing back people confidence and smile. 

Not to forget to mention that this session was given to me free of charge, and I could not ask for more than that, I’m feeling blessed.

I will update regularly like I used to before follow me here for updates.

IMG_1589.jpeg

Edited by Faisal Alsubaie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very good to read and you really deserve a free session! Nice of Dr,B to give but well deserved.   Thank you for documenting all and so sorry you had to go through this. I look forwards to seeing your final outcome..Thank you for giving back to the community. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Faisal Alsubaie said:

I can come next time to only design my dream hairline

I was concerned about the hairline because you now have all multi hair grafts on the hairline. Once I read this line I thought OK. it's going to turn out great. If you go back to add a bunch of single hair grafts along the front then this is going to look amazing once it's all done. I saw the pics of healing from the last procedure and it looks like there is almost no scarring at all. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Update 48 hours after:

Starting to feel a lot better no more pain and headache since I woke up today. 

had my first shower after the surgery (soft wash) with Isobetadine shampoo spray that was given to me by BHR clinic.

still keeping the recipient area wet with Saline Solution Spray every two hours.

i took photos right after the shower without using anything on.

here are the photos:

IMG_2120.thumb.jpeg.b9cce3ee7101d16f3fc082d3fbbf3939.jpegIMG_2117.thumb.jpeg.dc260a0d3c477fe9bb09adbfd4947708.jpegIMG_2116.thumb.jpeg.987e5da093a52fb464de966156bf223d.jpeg

everything looks normal and the healing of the scars are even better that the first removal session (maybe because it is less FUE punches this time)

• Like 2

@baddecisions yes, as I discussed with Dr. Bisanga i will be doing my next surgery around October-November 2024. I want to allow the skin to heal properly for at least 6 months. Also I would like to do it during winter (personal preference). In addition, it will allow Dr. to ensure that there are no hairs (plugs) growing back on the hairline again after this session.

• Like 1

Update 72 hours after surgery (day 3):

since i am in the airport heading back home i just wanted to update you all. Today i am feeling much better than the last two days after the surgery. No pain at all now in both hairline area where are the FUE punches took place and my donor where 200 grafts were placed there. 

Left side: 

IMG_2126.thumb.jpeg.8e52082a7a6b507e0fc780072e0810ec.jpeg

right side: (i am little concerned about this area as it has some dark spots and un even skin even before surgery) but honestly i feel it will look much better after the full healing.

IMG_2127.thumb.jpeg.4ca31b8ccdf2bd09de7896adb8909141.jpeg

donor area with 200 new grafts. Still keeping it wet every two hours with saline spray. 

IMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.0e22000246a3c9164ef2a3ab7c72bec6.jpeg

next update will be around day 7-10.

@eze the use of electrolysis is basically to remove/kill the hairs in between the FUE punches. So, instead of punching too many each removal session and creating more scars on the hairline area the use of electrolysis is introduced. 

You can check this educational video below link from BHR clinic channel on YouTube to get a clear idea.

• Like 2

Update day 7 post repair:

photos are taken under direct sunlight.

IMG_2151.thumb.jpeg.81611d2013c3d83d500eaa442106a963.jpegIMG_2152.thumb.jpeg.aad1862b66a5a0467cd24017d647dd4d.jpegIMG_2154.thumb.jpeg.787888c2ecc6e2992079108bfbb7915c.jpeg

FUE scars healed now only reddish are there and hopefully will fade away after the 2 weeks mark like the previous repair. 

I am only concerned that my skin becomes uneven with too many bumps , I don’t know to be honest if it’s from the FUE removals or from previous hair transplant. So, I might need to do laser resurfacing session but not sure when to do it (before implementing singles or after?). Anyways it’s not a big deal for me now as i am focused on removing all possible plugs from my hairline first.

So, hairs are starting to grow back in the repaired areas as you can see from first two photos and i am concerned that I might need an extra removal session to ensure that area is totally cleared from any further growth (can not judge now). So in three to four months from now I can surely decide whether to go for another removal session or I might use electrolysis to remove them once in for all. But i still desire to go for another removal to soften the hairline even more before implanting singles. What do you guys think?

In the back most of the scabs fell off by themselves, only few left in there and it will fall off within few days.

thats all for now.

next update day 14.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Faisal Alsubaie said:

So, hairs are starting to grow back in the repaired areas as you can see from first two photos and i am concerned that I might need an extra removal session to ensure that area is totally cleared from any further growth (can not judge now). So in three to four months from now I can surely decide whether to go for another removal session or I might use electrolysis to remove them once in for all. But i still desire to go for another removal to soften the hairline even more before implanting singles. What do you guys think?

Here are more focused pictures of these hairs: 

IMG_2157.thumb.jpeg.8c01798f7b76b1624a83071ac466dd68.jpegIMG_2156.thumb.jpeg.4554535aa945f30e84bf66552ef4b4f8.jpeg

• Like 1

From what I understand is that you only had your frontal area transplanted. If that’s the case, how is your mid-scalp status? Do you feel like thinning is still progressing throughout the untouched area of your scalp? and do you think u will need another procedure anytime in the future?

if yes, then I wouldn’t go for electrolysis as you might want to preserve as much grafts as possible for any potential future HT procedures.

11 hours ago, o.alsubaei said:

From what I understand is that you only had your frontal area transplanted. If that’s the case, how is your mid-scalp status? Do you feel like thinning is still progressing throughout the untouched area of your scalp? and do you think u will need another procedure anytime in the future?

if yes, then I wouldn’t go for electrolysis as you might want to preserve as much grafts as possible for any potential future HT procedures.

My mid scalp is totally fine I don’t see any thinning like i used to see in my hair line before my first surgery. So I don’t think I’ll be needing anything more coverage in my overall scalp in the near future.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faisal Alsubaie said:

@RTC no we are not brothers , we share the same family name thats mean we could be from the same tribe.

Right @o.alsubaei?

I guess we are from the same tribe, which is something very common where we come from.

I got excited after I read your post and booked a flight to Brussels before even booking a an appointment with BHR. Unfortunately, turned out it’s not easy to book an appointment this early. So I’ll just be stuck in Brussels for couple of days 💔

I agree with @Gatsby, do not throw those grafts. It is better to extract and reimplant instead of killing them. Maybe is doctor being too conservative (ie, extracting fewer than he could) in punching out those grafts?

• Like 1

@baddecisions there are a good number of at least 100 grafts are there still can be used to cover some gaps in my donor. So I might consider going back again for a final removal. I don’t know yet and i can not judge now since it is only one week post surgery.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:54 PM, Faisal Alsubaie said:

@eze the use of electrolysis is basically to remove/kill the hairs in between the FUE punches. So, instead of punching too many each removal session and creating more scars on the hairline area the use of electrolysis is introduced. 

You can check this educational video below link from BHR clinic channel on YouTube to get a clear idea.

This may be a dumb question, but I was wondering wouldn't it be easier to remove all the bad grafts with elecrolysis and then redo the transplant. This way would be cheaper and requires only one surgery.