Hair Transplants 70+ years old

bbb

Has anyone ever seen or known  an older gentleman, say 70+, who has had a hair transplant previously? How does it look? How do they feel about it now?

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Has anyone ever seen or known  an older gentleman, say 70+, who has had a hair transplant previously? How does it look? How do they feel about it now?

Should post pic of you hair now and might get better feedback.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, bbb said:

It all depends on whether you keep the same hair loss pattern or if the area expands. If you get a hair transplant when you're a NW 4 and the size of the balding area doesn't really expand over the years, then you will look fine as you get older. Your hair will thin out all over, but that's going to happen to everyone as they get old.

However if you had a NW 4 pattern that later ends up expanding to a NW 6, then you are probably going to have some issues with how it looks. You'll have the transplanted hair with bald area all around it. You could usually have a few touch-ups over the years to fill in the gaps as your bald area expands. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

23 hours ago, bbb said:

It depends if the hairtransplant was sucessful or not. If yes most of the veterans are happy about it and still care about their hair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thought I'd link to a recent case of a 65 year old who had a hair transplant by Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich. This shows what a nice improvement an older gentleman can have without trying to get with a head of hair like a 20 year old.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

@voxman is the OG. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.