Dr Louis Nader 2800 graphs (2/1/24)

Just recently had my procedure with Dr Nader and wanted to share my journey.  I will spare all the details as many have covered the specific timeline of how the entire process works.  I knew exactly what to expect based on other forums on this site, and they are very accurate on what to expect. Thank you to all that have shared their experiences!!!!

I can confirm that all the great things that are said about Dr Nader and his staff are absolutely accurate.  Amazing surgeon with a passion for his work l. He also does a great job making the patient feel comfortable during the entire process.

I initially was planning on a 2 day procedure with 3500-4000 graphs but Nader thought it might be best to be a little more conservative after reviewing my hairline in person.  I can tell that Dr Nader has more of a philosophy that less is more when it comes to transplanting hair. It is very difficult to be conservative when you think this is your one chance to get the amazing hair line you want.

I will admit that I am a little bummed I didn’t go lower with my hairline, but I think his recommendation of being conservative will ultimately be a better choice in the long run. 

Break down is 1800 frontal and 1000 crown for a total of 2800 graphs.

I will try to update progress every few months up to a full year to see how the growth pans out.

Let me know if you have questions.

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3812.jpeg

IMG_3818.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

IMG_3820.jpeg

IMG_3826.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3828.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks clean and refined with the usual Nader spiderweb. A conservative hairline which will still look more youthful now but also as you age. Looking forward to see your progress 🙏

Update…

Day 7 Photos.

Healing seems to be going well. Scalp itches like crazy in donor area.

I was lightly rubbing the front of my head, and what appeared to be a graft could be seen .  Kinda surprised a graph would fall out on day 7.  If anyone has input please let me know what you think this is.

Planning on updating photos near 2 month mark.

IMG_3883.jpeg

IMG_3885.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3881.jpeg

• Moderators

I like that the hairline is not just a straight line and has some variation to it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Unusual for a graft to come out this late really. Did you pull on the scab? From my knowledge everything should be pretty much secure by day 6. Had you actually pulled it out despite it being grown in it should have caused a good bit of bleeding. 

Either way it's one out of 2800, so it won't really have any effect on the outcome. You almost certainly won't be able to tell were it was in a short while. 

54 minutes ago, Anon94 said:

Unusual for a graft to come out this late really. Did you pull on the scab? From my knowledge everything should be pretty much secure by day 6. Had you actually pulled it out despite it being grown in it should have caused a good bit of bleeding. 

Either way it's one out of 2800, so it won't really have any effect on the outcome. You almost certainly won't be able to tell were it was in a short while. 

Right….

I believe the Dr said I would certainly notice bleeding running down my head if I managed to pull out a graft.

There was no such bleeding…

If you look at the picture though,  it definitely looks like a graft with a little black bulb on the end…. I’m perplexed about this…

• Valued Contributor

If you gently massage to remove scabs, grafts won't dislodge, so there's no need to worry. Plus, there was no bleeding, which adds to the satisfaction.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

Don't worry about it. One graft isn't going to make a difference either way.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 months later...

3 month update…..

Hair seems to be slowly growing with small ones poking out all over the place.  Still can’t really tell what the final density will look like. My left side barely shed, but the right temple was almost entirely gone  and it had me worried a bit. I consulted with Nader and he said that asymmetrical shedding was very normal and it had something to do with blood supply.  -This put me at ease at least.  

Redness is slightly still noticeable and you can even still tell where native hair starts if you look real close in photos.. 

They say the 3rd month is where the fun starts, so I am hoping I will be hat free by next month:) 

Also side note….I tried adding Fin & Oral minoxidil after the transplant, but I didn’t like the sides.   They were tolerable to some extent, but I realized I would not be fully committed for the rest of my life.  I’ll stick with Topical Min/ nizoral shampoo and see if that will get me another 10 years +.

Open to any negative/ positive comments about my progress so far.

-Not out of the Wds yet.

IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4224.jpeg

IMG_4222.jpeg

IMG_4223.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

• Moderators

Looks about normal for 3 months. The growth should start kicking in nicely soon. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

Posted (edited)

So far so good. I'm hoping to hear back from Dr. Nader about a consultation. I hate to ask but how much did you pay per graft or was it a fixed price?

Edited by rs525

He sends you a price list based on graph numbers.  They are priced in different tiers with it being cheaper if you have more done.  I payed $6900 for 2800 graphs.  Quick math is roughly 2-3 $ per graph. I also may have gotten a better rate as I was on the waitlist since early 2023 and he honored the original price quote.

• Like 1

Looks great. Right on track. We have similar hair and skin characteristics.....it may take a little longer to see the results. Keep the faith! 

I heard back from Dr. Nader from the initial consultation I sent him on March 31st and it said that 2000-2500 grafts would work for my receding hairline. I booked my spot for next year but now I have my concerns. A guy on Reddit told me he canceled his appointment as he landed in McAllen due to a lack of important basic communication with the clinic prior to the procedure and that Reynosa is a violent no go zone where people get killed. Plus I heard some people were not happy with Dr. Naders density on transplants.

• Administrators

Growth is around the corner, thanks for sharing your progress with us 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, rs525 said:

I heard back from Dr. Nader from the initial consultation I sent him on March 31st and it said that 2000-2500 grafts would work for my receding hairline. I booked my spot for next year but now I have my concerns. A guy on Reddit told me he canceled his appointment as he landed in McAllen due to a lack of important basic communication with the clinic prior to the procedure and that Reynosa is a violent no go zone where people get killed. Plus I heard some people were not happy with Dr. Naders density on transplants.

lol…..

This could possibly be some troll on the Reddit forums.  Sounds like  he backed out because he was a little nervous.  I was a little nervous myself , so I completely get it.   I asked a few people in McAllen about Reynosa the day before the procedure and I got similar responses like,  “ It’s a dangerous place “or “ I wouldn’t travel there if I were you”.    I didn’t let that fear stop me though.  I felt completely safe the entire time.    Plus,  they have a driver pick you up and take you right to the clinic.   It was actually a really fun experience !!!

Communication can be sparse……just make sure your appointment is confirmed before you purchase your flights…..  you can also check with the front desk of the hotel when you get there.   They are completely aware of Dr Naders patients and will call you when the driver arrives….they have been working with the hotel for years.  It’s a legit operation….

As far as density…… well I’m not there yet as I am only on month 3.  It seems to me that most of the patients are completely happy with density if you look on this forum.  I suppose there are certain people that will never be satisfied. I think his density for me was 50cm2 .   From what I can tell so far,  that should be plenty.

Best of luck to you!