12,501 grafts / Dr. Felipe Pittella / Jan 2024

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, verbmaker said:

Yoda any chance u can post a before and after pic of your beard? Doctor told me, we may have to use facial beard for my transplant. Kinda nervous about losing my facial beard

Sure, posting some before/after pics here. I usually don’t keep beard, but when I do, it is not more than 2 weeks. So the photos are limited to growth period from 2 days to 2 weeks post shaving. 

Note: total 5.5k grafts taken from beard (neck and cheeks).

IMG_4296.jpeg

IMG_4300.jpeg

IMG_4301.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4305.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

Edited by YodaHead
Correction

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

Wow beard still looks great. Any idea how many of the beard grafts were taken from your face specifically? Did he take most of the facial grafts from cheeks and goatee area? Thank u so much for the reply with pics. Helps me out alot

9 hours ago, verbmaker said:

Any idea how many of the beard grafts were taken from your face specifically? Did he take most of the facial grafts from cheeks and goatee area?

He avoided the mustache and chin just in case i wanted to keep goatee. 
I don’t know the exact count taken from cheek vs. neck, but here is a photo day after the surgery showing marks on the cheek. It was same on both sides.

IMG_4310.png

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

• 1 month later...

Beard looking sublime after 5.5k grafts. Solid donor management there. Back of the head looks good too, so soon after surgery and with a super short buzz. The only slight noticeable bit is the tiny denser patch untouched right under your horseshoe. No one would ever notice, but obv here I know what to look for.  Did you discuss that with the Dr.? Was it left out because it wasn’t in the “safe zone”? It’s not an issue, I am sure with grown hair you can’t notice it even to the most keen HT hawk eyes. Just wondering tho, as I have seen that in a few case studies. 

Finally, did you discuss the crown with the Dr. before the procedure. Did you get the famous swirl, as I can’t quite tell from your pics? Or not something you were too bothered with? 

Anyways, congrats on the choice, the write up and your results. Looks banging, no doubt. Hope it’s alright asking the questions, I am considering the good doc. myself. 

9 hours ago, Antonfarat said:

The only slight noticeable bit is the tiny denser patch untouched right under your horseshoe.

I had briefly discussed it with doc but we had agreed that it wouldn’t be noticeable after some hair growth. In fact, it is pretty much no visible now. I will post aome pictures soon.

10 hours ago, Antonfarat said:

did you discuss the crown with the Dr. before the procedure. Did you get the famous swirl, as I can’t quite tell from your pics? Or not something you were too bothered with? 

I did not know which way i was going to comb my hair. My native hair have always been growing strangely in different directions. I had discussed with doc and plan was to design in a manner that is not too restrictive. There is a minor swirl but it is not very obvious from the picture. 

Link to my journey:

• Administrators

The beard scars the best, hands down. Scarring is virtually invisible. Amazing donor management as well. Did he use the scalp scan tool? If so what was your precise scale?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is epic. I did 12k grafts with Dr. Zarev and it was two session. You did 12500 in one sesson?! Incredible. My brother is heading to Pitella next year. I'm going to show him this thread for motivation!

@Melvin- Admin - yes, the precise scale was 7.35.

Attaching a photo taken of the scan.

@mtb - good luck to your brother.

Here are couple of photos at 3 months and few days. I guess…still a lot of growth to come but things look promising.

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4483.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Link to my journey:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, YodaHead said:

@Melvin- Admin - yes, the precise scale was 7.35.

Attaching a photo taken of the scan.

@mtb - good luck to your brother.

Here are couple of photos at 3 months and few days. I guess…still a lot of growth to come but things look promising.

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4483.jpeg

Your head size isn’t very big, that helps. I’ve seen cases similar to you, but they’re class 9s. 

This is outta this world for 3 months. You mentioned you didn’t fully shed. Did you use any supplements? 

0BB89837-DF4C-4379-819F-59951C8A6B55.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Melvin- Admin - Exactly, the smaller head size was also the first thing Dr. Pittela mentioned was a good thing in my case…al though, i feel it also means smaller donor..

Correct, i did not fully shed. I do take minoxidil and fin daily. Other than that, just b12 and vitamind for other reasons. Took biotin for a couple weeks but then didn’t continue.

• Like 1

Link to my journey:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This outstanding growth for 4 months WOW 🤯 

7540B7DA-05C4-4006-B18D-7BB96E1F9755.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread