Need advice about BHT

Hello, this is the second time i post this question. The first post was deleted by this corrupt admin guy Melvyn for no reason.

I've had a repair surgery before (BHR clinic) and i did not like the outcome. I want to fix some areas of my donor on the sides. Do you guys have experience implanting beard or chest hairs on the sides (not the back donor)? What about chest scarring? Is it very noticeable? Anyone has some photo's so i can get a better idea?

The quality of my chest is not bad i guess, there are some double grafts. My beard quality is also good. However, i do think the structure of my chest hair is closer to my scalp hair.

The goal is to fill in some patchy areas on the sides. 

• Valued Contributor

Can you post pics of your chest hair and scalp hair? I don’t think personally that chest hair would look natural on the parietal sides of the scalp. If it was a match with your scalp hair it might work but be mindful that body hair has a much lower success rate and anagen life than your scalp hair. You will experience periods of anagen desynchronization. Also using beard hair in these regions would also look unruly. You also require adequate scalp grafts to mix with other donor sources. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Can you post pics of your chest hair and scalp hair? I don’t think personally that chest hair would look natural on the parietal sides of the scalp. If it was a match with your scalp hair it might work but be mindful that body hair has a much lower success rate and anagen life than your scalp hair. You will experience periods of anagen desynchronization. Also using beard hair in these regions would also look unruly. You also require adequate scalp grafts to mix with other donor sources. 

Thanks for the info. I did trimmed my chest so i will post a photo when its grown a bit longer.
The idea is that i want to add contrast to some patchy area's. Those areas are not completly bald, i do still have some hair. I thought maybe adding chest or beard in between would help the overal look. I certinaly dont want it to look more weird then it is now.

47 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

That's interesting about body hair having a different anagen life than scalp hair; and anagen desynchonization. Can you explain what that is exactly -- as in what that experience is and how often it happens? Does it also happen with beard hair?

• Administrators

Man you need to relax. You had surgery less than two months ago. You can feel however you want about me, but this is getting ridiculous. You’ve created 4 threads. You attacked the clinic that helped you and is coincidentally the best at donor farming. All of that could’ve been avoided if you just waited. 

You have also been insulting calling the surgeon “biggie” that is not okay. You are to behave respectfully here. No one has disrespected you or called you names. We expect you to do the same.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Yes you can have body hair transplanted to the donor areas of your scalp, but you don't know yet if you will even need it. You need to let the process play out. Relax. It didn't look too bad in the pictures I saw in another thread, so it's not like you need it done right away. Let the hair grow a few more months and then see where you are at. IF you still feel you need to do something when it gets towards the one year mark, then at least you know it's fixable with a few body hair grafts, so for now just enjoy your life for the next 6 months.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, patronovski said:

Hello, this is the second time i post this question. The first post was deleted by this corrupt admin guy Melvyn for no reason.

I've had a repair surgery before (BHR clinic) and i did not like the outcome. I want to fix some areas of my donor on the sides. Do you guys have experience implanting beard or chest hairs on the sides (not the back donor)? What about chest scarring? Is it very noticeable? Anyone has some photo's so i can get a better idea?

The quality of my chest is not bad i guess, there are some double grafts. My beard quality is also good. However, i do think the structure of my chest hair is closer to my scalp hair.

The goal is to fill in some patchy areas on the sides. 

Please don't use such language and attack someone personally here...yiu have a right to ask questions and there will be so many people over here who would help you out but if you are just 2-3 months post op than you just need to relax and wait for everything to settle down..suppose after 12 months if there is any issue with your donor or anything than it can be worked upon ...infact dr bisanga is an ethical surgeon and he would help you out if anything as such takes place.

So i would just request you to wait as of now and don't panic. 🙏

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks guys, it realy gives me hope again after reading about your donor recovery times and about the fact that it is fixable.

I am not planning to fix it asap of course, i was just wondering if BHT can be my rescue in case it wont get any better after several months. 

Edited by patronovski

9 minutes ago, patronovski said:

Thanks guys, it realy gives me hope again after reading about your donor recovery times and about the fact that it is fixable.

I am not planning to fix it asap of course, i was just wondering if BHT can be my rescue in case it wont get any better after several months. 

From what I understand (having read others opinions and experiences) beard hair is the next preferred option after scalp. My understanding is that survival rates are higher for beard than chest. That's anecdotal though - I'm not aware of any studies being performed to prove that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

From what I understand (having read others opinions and experiences) beard hair is the next preferred option after scalp. My understanding is that survival rates are higher for beard than chest. That's anecdotal though - I'm not aware of any studies being performed to prove that.

Yes, i read about the growth cycle that is similar to scalp hair. I think its good to hide scars on the back of the head, because the hairs on the back are also thicker compared on the sides. It may blend well as it is the case with mustang.

But I didnt see much repair cases where beard grafts are put on the sides. So i wonder if it will look weird because of the difference in texture. 

Edited by patronovski

1 hour ago, patronovski said:

Yes, i read about the growth cycle that is similar to scalp hair. I think its good to hide scars on the back of the head, because the hairs on the back are also thicker then the hairs on the sides. It may blend well as it is the case with mustang.

But I didnt see much repair cases where beard grafts are put on the sides. So i wonder if it will look weird because of the difference in texture. 

Youve already had 150 beard grafts in your donor area. Wait to see how this turns out in 12 months and then make a decision. Chest hair are not good for donor restocking, they dont provide any good coverage or density and the survival rate is preety low.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jjalay said:

Youve already had 150 beard grafts in your donor area. Wait to see how this turns out in 12 months and then make a decision. Chest hair are not good for donor restocking, they dont provide any good coverage or density and the survival rate is preety low.

Yes, you re right

Edited by patronovski

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, patronovski said:

Thanks for the info. I did trimmed my chest so i will post a photo when its grown a bit longer.
The idea is that i want to add contrast to some patchy area's. Those areas are not completly bald, i do still have some hair. I thought maybe adding chest or beard in between would help the overal look. I certinaly dont want it to look more weird then it is now.

@patronovski if you’re two months or less post op then all of your questions are irrelevant. You need to give what’s been done 12 months to allow the surgery to do its thing.