Do I need hair transplant or can the min/fin/micron fix this?

Vaibhav27

• Administrators

It could help the crown a lot. But only a hair transplant will bring down your hairline.

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It could help the crown a lot. But only a hair transplant will bring down your hairline.

Interestingly, Dr Arika also said the same when I showed this to her a year back. My crown is actually getting filled with min and fin. But hairline is not getting helped much. 

19 hours ago, YodaHead said:

Do Minoxidil and Finasteride for at least 10 months before thinking HT in your case. In my opinion.

Actually, i dont have that much time coz i have my wedding in November. So need a proven fix by then. If fin min wont fix it by then, i wont have time for HT

2 hours ago, Vaibhav27 said:

Actually, i dont have that much time coz i have my wedding in November. So need a proven fix by then. If fin min wont fix it by then, i wont have time for HT

for the hairline and temples only hair transplant will do, finasteride and minoxidil will fix the crown.

But if your wedding is in November it’s still very tight for final results from HT.

9 hours ago, Maorizio said:

for the hairline and temples only hair transplant will do, finasteride and minoxidil will fix the crown.

But if your wedding is in November it’s still very tight for final results from HT.

What??? Even 8-9 months isn't enough for HT results? 

2 minutes ago, Vaibhav27 said:

What??? Even 8-9 months isn't enough for HT results? 

Depends on how you look at it.

If you want to test how effective medication is, you need at least 6 months and more likely 12 months.

Usually reputable clinics have at least a 3 month waiting list.

For results, usually people are above baseline after about 5-6 months. However, if you are transplanting into their hairline and bald areas it may look 'odd' until the hairs mature at 10 month onwards.

Odds are that if you got a transplant tomorrow you'd look much better for the wedding. However, it all depends what route you take and availability of surgeons.

• Wow 1

I also forgot to say that the crown takes longer to grow in.

So, if you have 6 months on meds, that'd take you to the end of July and only leave 4 months before the wedding, at which point your be back to where you started in terms of the appearance of your hair, unless you're an early grower.

• Face Palm 1

9 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Depends on how you look at it.

If you want to test how effective medication is, you need at least 6 months and more likely 12 months.

Usually reputable clinics have at least a 3 month waiting list.

For results, usually people are above baseline after about 5-6 months. However, if you are transplanting into their hairline and bald areas it may look 'odd' until the hairs mature at 10 month onwards.

Odds are that if you got a transplant tomorrow you'd look much better for the wedding. However, it all depends what route you take and availability of surgeons.

Thanks buddy for clarifying. 

13 hours ago, Vaibhav27 said:

when you’re planning for your ht ?

27 minutes ago, Shadman said:

when you’re planning for your ht ?

February 17-18 at Eugenix. But now I am rethinking if I should just go for meds only along with dermaroller since results wont come by November. 

3 minutes ago, Vaibhav27 said:

February 17-18 at Eugenix. But now I am rethinking if I should just go for meds only along with dermaroller since results wont come by November. 

I think by November (9 months) you’ll have good illusion of hairs. It’ll definitely look more better than how you’re looking now. Moreover, if you add some fiber it’ll look more fuller. Best wishes for your procedure 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shadman said:

I think by November (9 months) you’ll have good illusion of hairs. It’ll definitely look more better than how you’re looking now. Moreover, if you add some fiber it’ll look more fuller. Best wishes for your procedure 👍

Eugenix usually recommend using medical therapy first. He doesn't know whether he can tolerate meds, or how effective they will be at preventing future loss, or regrowth.

If he has surgery in February, what would the surgical plan be, and how could it accurate without knowing the above?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Eugenix usually recommend using medical therapy first. He doesn't know whether he can tolerate meds, or how effective they will be at preventing future loss, or regrowth.

If he has surgery in February, what would the surgical plan be, and how could it accurate without knowing the above?

No no. This isn't true. I am on meds both min and fin. 0.5mg fin daily and topical min 5% once or twice a day. I have got crown regrowth but not hairline improvement yet. 

39 minutes ago, Vaibhav27 said:

No no. This isn't true. I am on meds both min and fin. 0.5mg fin daily and topical min 5% once or twice a day. I have got crown regrowth but not hairline improvement yet. 

Sorry, mixing people up. Carry on and ignore me!

• Haha 1