Best Hair Transplant Doctor for Hairline

I don't know if the question was asked once here already but i still wanted to get an answer nonetheless.

Who is the best Doctor at restoring the Hairline and Temples?

For your information i am 20 years old (i know that that is very young for a Transplant) and a NW2/3. I have been taking finasteride for 2 years and my hair loss seems to have stabilized.

I am definitely willing to spend a little more money to do the transplant correct the first time. I looked into Dr. Mwamba because i have heard that he is amongst the best Hair Transplant Doctors, however he seems to have a Reputation for repairing botched Patients and not really for new Patients and he has seemingly had a few bad cases recently in regards to Density.

Basically i would like to have a list of Doctors to consider, they could also be a little cheaper if their work is good, however if you could include a mix of both cheaper and pricier doctors that would be great. I just don't really want to gamble on Surgery when i am so vulnerable in this situation, doing the procedure so young.

At 20 years ols and NW 2/3 it would be a bir mistake proceeding with a hairtransplant. Any doctor who is willing to operate on you at this stage only wants your money.

1 hour ago, rsb said:

Most reputable doctors would not take a 20 year old for surgery. I would suggest you to wait bro.

I get all that, but i had a video consultation with Dr. Mwamba and told him that i have been on fin 1mg daily for 2 years and that my hair loss has stabilized and he said that it would be okay and they could go ahead with the procedure. Also, no offense, but i don't understand what the point in waiting would be, i need the transplant now to look as young as i should look at my age. Of course, i know that if my hair loss progresses after the procedure then my hair will look horrendous, however i am more than willing to be on medication for the rest of my life to prevent that from happening.

Edited by Nikko

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, Nikko said:

I get all that, but i had a video consultation with Dr. Mwamba and told him that i have been on fin 1mg daily for 2 years and that my hair loss has stabilized and he said that it would be okay and they could go ahead with the procedure. Also, no offense, but i don't understand what the point in waiting would be, i need the transplant now to look as young as i should look at my age. Of course, i know that if my hair loss progresses after the procedure then my hair will look horrendous, however i am more than willing to be on medication for the rest of my life to prevent that from happening.

I have to ask… How are you intending to fund this at 20 years old?

23 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Does it matter? Maybe he bought bitcoin when he was 13, perhaps he's a genius and just sold off his 3rd billion dollar enterprise. Maybe his parents are helping out....

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Well, i have been working full time since i finished school last year to fund the transplant. I also still live at my dads house and he luckily lets me live for free because he knows that i want to do the surgery.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Does it matter? Maybe he bought bitcoin when he was 13, perhaps he's a genius and just sold off his 3rd billion dollar enterprise. Maybe his parents are helping out....

Outside of the tiny chance of being a Bitcoin millionaire, the more likely scenario is that someone so young could be either putting themselves into financial hardship with loans or credit cards or blowing savings that could be used for something more more important later down the line. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, manutd4545 said:

No respectable surgeon will operate at this age, You need to be on meds for a couple of years. I was 24 for my first one and that was still young.

^this

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Outside of the tiny chance of being a Bitcoin millionaire, the more likely scenario is that someone so young could be either putting themselves into financial hardship with loans or credit cards or blowing savings that could be used for something more more important later down the line. 

As could someone double or triple his age. I really don't see why we need to focus on things outside of a patients hair, especially when not asked to.

4 hours ago, Nikko said:

When I had my first HT at 24 I was on meds for 5 years, thought it had stabilised and then a couple of years later my crown went. You could have an ht now, have a load of shockloss (like I did) it does not come back, then you go on chasing a full head of hair in a never ending cycle. What if it does speed up? 

Edited by manutd4545
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Nikko said:

Well, i have been working full time since i finished school last year to fund the transplant. I also still live at my dads house and he luckily lets me live for free because he knows that i want to do the surgery.

Ok. 

49 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

As could someone double or triple his age. I really don't see why we need to focus on things outside of a patients hair, especially when not asked to.

Balance of probabilities… someone who is 40 or 60 will have been working for at least half their life, and will presumably either have savings or be able to finance loan repayments etc much more easily than someone who has only just entered the workplace a year or so ago.