Recommendations/suggestions

I've had two FUT hair transplants. First HT was in 2008 where 2700 grafts were extracted followed by another in 2011 where another  2700 grafts was used. Now I'm considering a 3rd HT but would like to know whether I can actually benefit since I only have around 2500 grafts left in my donor area? Currently not on any medications and I am 42 years old. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

Screenshot_20230827_212838_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212843_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212849_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212857_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212907_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212918_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212935_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_212943_Yahoo Mail.jpg

20230827_213240.jpg

20230827_213429.jpg

Edited by kmgrafix

• kmgrafix changed the title to Recommendations/suggestions

Another very complex case… the only doctor I would recommend for such cases is Dr Sethi, Eugenix… he seems to be producing the best results in high Norwood. Just search him on this platform. 

@Melvin- Admin Would you  please be able to look at my pictures and provide your opinion on what maybe the best step forward for me? I was  a member of this group in 2009-2013 and I remember an admin named 'taking the plunge' advising me then to wait until I was in my 40's before deciding to get a second HT (was in my early 30s then). If only I had taken his advice.

Mind you both my HT surgeons were recommended on this forum, one who I don't see anymore while the other still remains. When I showed my photos to Dr. Jose Lorenzo  a couple of years ago he was surprised with my results given that I  had  a total of 5000+ grafts as he felt there was  very little to show given the number of grafts placed.

I know that this will be my final HT if I was to get one so I want to do the right thing by going to the right surgeon etc. With all your experience and knowledge  would you say I am better off waiting till my 50s for a HT? From my observation the top-sides of my hair hasn't experienced much hair loss while my temple points including hair above my sideburns has lost a considerable amount of hair to the point that the hair above my right sideburn is very bald including the temple point. Is this even a normal hair loss pattern as I was alway  under the impression that hair above the sideburn stays?

I most likely have about 2500 grafts left.

Your thoughts/opinions would be appreciated and if its best in my interest to put off a HT altogether then I will consider this as well. 

Thank you.

Edited by kmgrafix

• Moderators

Why wait until your 50's? What's the point of waiting all your life unless it's something you don't really care much about? Why even bother doing it then? May as well just wait until you're dead.

It looks like you have a decent beard from what I can tell. If you can get 2500 scalp grafts and 2000 beard grafts then you're looking at 4500 grafts. I'd split them in thirds putting 1500 in the frontal third, 1500 in the midscalp, and 1500 in the crown. I think you could get a pretty good result with that. I'm thinking 1500 in the front would be enough because you already have some transplanted hair there, but if you needed more then you could go with 2000 in the front third and lower the numbers in the other thirds. The crown is going to be thin, but you would look a lot better overall. For the crown I'd probably concentrate on the lower back of the crown and maybe leave a small circle bald upper crown if I felt I didn't have enough to get good coverage everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

@BeHappy Thank you for taking the time to look at my case and for providing your positive and helpful feedback.  You make some excellent points which I shall take on board when i decide to get my next surgery. 

Edited by kmgrafix