Advice on Norwood 6

Hi! This is my first post.  I had 2 procedures at Bosley in the 1990's and not thrilled.  Now, 25 yrs later, the only hair left on the top is: transplanted hair.  Had I never gone to Bosley, I believe I would be Norwood 7.  I conider myself Norwood 6 right now.  My question is:  Is there a surgeon your recommend for someone like me?  I don't have a ton of donor hair left, but enough to do a new hairline it seems.  Hopefully your recommendation includes a doctor good with Beard to Scalp HT too.  Thank you!

358148301_10223360608992753_7164474521436904007_n (1).jpg

322659141_840279297269708_4171572869114804833_n (1).jpg

thumbnail (1) (1).jpg

thumbnail (3) (1).jpg

thumbnail (4) (1).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

10 minutes ago, Approach said:

Hi! This is my first post.  I had 2 procedures at Bosley in the 1990's and not thrilled.  Now, 25 yrs later, the only hair left on the top is: transplanted hair.  Had I never gone to Bosley, I believe I would be Norwood 7.  I conider myself Norwood 6 right now.  My question is:  Is there a surgeon your recommend for someone like me?  I don't have a ton of donor hair left, but enough to do a new hairline it seems.  Hopefully your recommendation includes a doctor good with Beard to Scalp HT too.  Thank you!

358148301_10223360608992753_7164474521436904007_n (1).jpg

322659141_840279297269708_4171572869114804833_n (1).jpg

thumbnail (1) (1).jpg

thumbnail (3) (1).jpg

thumbnail (4) (1).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

Dr Sethi in Eugenix I'd imagine... Have a look at his results.

• Like 2

I'd recommend Dr.Pitella or Dr.Zarev. However, I think you are a Norwood 7 and not 6 since your crown dips down well into the occipital zone. Moreover, your donor looks quite thin (probably as a consequence of your previous surgeries). Therefore, I am not sure you'd be a good repair candidate, even with the utilization of beard and other body grafts given that the balding zone is considerably big.

• Like 1

I have to asume you had a strip with bosley twice in the 90s. If you are interested in getting another strip procedure then you should have a consultation with hasson and wong in vancouver or with hattingen hair in switzerland. For fue with bht you have many good options like couto, raphael de freitas, pinto in spain. In the US dr. Nusbaum in Miami, dr Jerry cooley and dr Konior are great options fur both fut and fue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Approach said:

Hopefully Verteporfin yields results. If so it would help men in your situation, with limited safe scalp donor. If this drug can regrow some of the hair in the donor, that makes more available. Either way, you would need to include some of your beard to get a decent result.

• Administrators

You are a complex case. You're a Norwood 7. Somewhat similar to @BeHappy, I think you will most likely need some BHT. I would look at Hattingen in Switzerland, Dr. Pittella in Brazil, Dr. Sethi in India, Dr. Zarev in Bulgaria, and Hasson and Wong in Canada. These are the top high Norwood clinics.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.