Repair hair transplant needed

Need repair hair transplant any suggestions in the uk? went to turkey got 4050 grafts got low density and pluggy hairline currently on topical finasteride and oral minoxidil had my hair transplant december 2022 at age 22 i am now 23

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0096.jpeg

14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Sorry hear this @hxris-h The surgeon who comes to mind is Dr Bisanga. Others might know of a UK surgeon who performs good repair work. All the best. 

Hi mate , Bisanga turned me down cause of my age 

4 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

It’s poor work.

Dr Ball, Maitland Clinic is a top top doctor without question.

His senior adviser will look for a video consult prior to meeting Dr Ball in person. 

I spoke to them via email and they said 

“In this cases were the hairline it too straight then grafts are punched out from the hairline in the temple corners and then reused further back into the hairline or in the centre area.

Grafts can be carefully removed from the donor area to thicken areas that Dr Ball feels the density can be improved.

I would plan that this is likely to require more than one session and two surgeries to fix the concerns, subject to seeing you in person.”

I don’t wanna go through graft removal as it will leave scarring i rather do graft camouflaging 

10 hours ago, BaldV said:

hairline is not that bad ( from what we can see from indoors underlighted pictures) but temporal peaks need repair.

Its too straight and pluggy

1 hour ago, hxris-h said:

graft camouflaging 

I do not think graft camouflaging is a legitimate thing. Some doctors certainly tout it, but I do not believe in it. 

If you have a badly angled graft or otherwise bad graft, it will ultimately still aesthetically "reveal" itself even if proper grafts are in front of it. 

One of the reasons repair cases are so challenging is extracting grafts is often a necessary part of the process. And when you are extracting grafts that inevitably turns into multiple surgeries, as it is very challenging to extract and re-implant in the same area, during a single round of surgery. 

1 hour ago, hxris-h said:

Bisanga turned me down cause of my age 

I don't really understand this. Did Bisanga provide any additional information?

I can certainly see any doctor refusing a first time 22 yr old patient as that is far too young. 

But as a repair patient, you are already stuck in this journey regardless. You need a repair regardless of your age. Yes, it was a mistake to get stuck in this world in your early 20's, but now that you are here I don't understand why any repair surgeon is rejecting you. 

By rejecting you, the doctor is basically saying "just suffer and live life with your botched result for now...come back to me in 10 years or whenever I deem appropriate"

It really doesn't seem like a welcoming policy. Repair doctors should have open doors for all repair patients. 

3 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I do not think graft camouflaging is a legitimate thing. Some doctors certainly tout it, but I do not believe in it. 

If you have a badly angled graft or otherwise bad graft, it will ultimately still aesthetically "reveal" itself even if proper grafts are in front of it. 

One of the reasons repair cases are so challenging is extracting grafts is often a necessary part of the process. And when you are extracting grafts that inevitably turns into multiple surgeries, as it is very challenging to extract and re-implant in the same area, during a single round of surgery. 

Joetill man had no graft removals but graft camouflaging and he had 10 HTS!

2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I don't really understand this. Did Bisanga provide any additional information?

I can certainly see any doctor refusing a first time 22 yr old patient as that is far too young. 

But as a repair patient, you are already stuck in this journey regardless. You need a repair regardless of your age. Yes, it was a mistake to get stuck in this world in your early 20's, but now that you are here I don't understand why any repair surgeon is rejecting you. 

By rejecting you, the doctor is basically saying "just suffer and live life with your botched result for now...come back to me in 10 years or whenever I deem appropriate"

It really doesn't seem like a welcoming policy. Repair doctors should have open doors for all repair patients. 

Hi his co ordinator said  Stabilise your hairloss first then contact us when your 24-25 he doesn’t take patients under 24

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, hxris-h said:

Joetill man had no graft removals but graft camouflaging and he had 10 HTS!

Massive difference between his case and yours.

2 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Sorry mate - if you want help you need to be willing to do a bit of the leg work.

Yh i have been doing some research myself too enquired with ball,miln,mittal,reddy uk 

• Valued Contributor
Just now, hxris-h said:

His was similar as he had pluggy hairline too

It really wasn't. He had punch graft surgery, with big gaps between the grafts and, crucially, his hairline was kept nice and conservative. That meant that covering the problem grafts was significantly easier than if his hairline was lower and full of individual multi-grafts hairs placed fairly densely next to each other. He also had no temple point work done either. Yes, he had pluggy grafts. The similarities start and end there and his case was actually a pretty easy fix in the right hands. What you may require is much more complicated.

Just now, Berba11 said:

It really wasn't. He had punch graft surgery, with big gaps between the grafts and, crucially, his hairline was kept nice and conservative. That meant that covering the problem grafts was significantly easier than if his hairline was lower and full of individual multi-grafts hairs placed fairly densely next to each other. He also had no temple point work done either. Yes, he had pluggy grafts. The similarities start and end there and his case was actually a pretty easy fix in the right hands. What you may require is much more complicated.

Ah okay im just wondering how i would look if they punch the grafts out and 2 sessions on me will it leave scarring

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, hxris-h said:

Yh i have been doing some research myself too enquired with ball,miln,mittal,reddy uk 

And what did they say? I've never seen or heard of any hairline extraction work done by any of those surgeons other than Dr Ball.

But if you want proper help from people on the forum - and maybe we can advise surgeons to speak to who would be best suited to your case - we'd need to see pre & post-op photos to have a better understanding of what gone one. If you don't want to post then fair enough - it just limits our ability to help is all.

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, hxris-h said:

Ah okay im just wondering how i would look if they punch the grafts out and 2 sessions on me will it leave scarring

It may or may not leave scarring. The best hairline extraction work we've seen pass through these forums has left basically zero scarring. We've also seen some cases where there's a bit of blemishing or marking but nothing major, and we've seen one case at least where there is more visible marking (but the patients looks 1000x better). So... it depends. Depends on your propensity for scarring and it depends on the quality of the repair work.

4 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

And what did they say? I've never seen or heard of any hairline extraction work done by any of those surgeons other than Dr Ball.

But if you want proper help from people on the forum - and maybe we can advise surgeons to speak to who would be best suited to your case - we'd need to see pre & post-op photos to have a better understanding of what gone one. If you don't want to post then fair enough - it just limits our ability to help is all.

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

It may or may not leave scarring. The best hairline extraction work we've seen pass through these forums has left basically zero scarring. We've also seen some cases where there's a bit of blemishing or marking but nothing major, and we've seen one case at least where there is more visible marking (but the patients looks 1000x better). So... it depends. Depends on your propensity for scarring and it depends on the quality of the repair work.

Sent some pics

• Administrators

I’m not a fan of extracting grafts, it should only be for severe cases. The goal of a repair should be to make it look natural, but also minimize scarring. Extracting all the grafts will leave a lot of scars on your hairline. Also, extracting grafts and re-planting them can lead to transection and poor yield. 

Dr. Reddy goes into it here. I think this case is a lot worse than yours and required some extraction. 

Even if you try and remove all the grafts and re-implant them, you may be left with residual grafts that were in the telogen phase. Dr. Zarev goes into that here.

This was a severe case that required it due to the low and unnatural curvature. 

I think your hairline resembles the classic successful Turkish Hair Mill result. By no means is it natural, but it’s not the worst ive seen. 

I think a good approach is to soften the hairline with quality soft singles. Extract only the grafts that absolutely need to be extracted, for example multis in the frontal area. 

I do not think having one session of extracting it all is a good idea. Those are chunky grafts. You need at least 0.85 size punch to extract those grafts without transection. That will leave scars and you might develop hypopigmentation. 

It was successfully done here and was necessary in this case. But you see scars even with a 0.7 size punch.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I’m not a fan of extracting grafts, it should only be for severe cases. The goal of a repair should be to make it look natural, but also minimize scarring. Extracting all the grafts will leave a lot of scars on your hairline. Also, extracting grafts and re-planting them can lead to transection and poor yield. 

Dr. Reddy goes into it here. I think this case is a lot worse than yours and required some extraction. 

Even if you try and remove all the grafts and re-implant them, you may be left with residual grafts that were in the telogen phase. Dr. Zarev goes into that here.

This was a severe case that required it due to the low and unnatural curvature. 

I think your hairline resembles the classic successful Turkish Hair Mill result. By no means is it natural, but it’s not the worst ive seen. 

I think a good approach is to soften the hairline with quality soft singles. Extract only the grafts that absolutely need to be extracted, for example multis in the frontal area. 

I do not think having one session of extracting it all is a good idea. Those are chunky grafts. You need at least 0.85 size punch to extract those grafts without transection. That will leave scars and you might develop hypopigmentation. 

It was successfully done here and was necessary in this case. But you see scars even with a 0.7 size punch.

Thanks Melvin will check them out and yeah Dr Reddy is on my number 1 list