Dutasteride/finasteride injection also side effects?

Hello everyone,

I am 33 years old and have had HA since I was 21. When I was in my mid-twenties, I took finasteride orally for almost a year and had erectile dysfunction as a result, so I stopped it because lipido is more important to me than hair on my head. I then decided to have hair transplant 2 years ago. Everything went well, but unfortunately the hair loss of the "old hair" is progressing very quickly.
That's why I want to do something about it and I'm thinking about taking minoxidil orally plus mesotherapy dutasteride (1x/month for half a hair then every 3 months -). I am in Mexico and all this is allowed there.
Now my concerns:

1)if dutasteride is injected into the scalp and for it to really work, doesn't it have to be absorbed into the bloodstream anyway? And that would make me susceptible to side effects. The doctor in Mexico says it "only works locally at the hair roots" and therefore it should have hardly any side effects. I'm skeptical about this, the needle is inserted into the skin layer -> does it only stay in the skin layer and not enter the bloodstream?

who knows about them?
There are also natural DHT blockers such as saw palmetto. But again, my understanding is that as long as an agent (whether natural or pharmaceutical) really works, then it is absorbed into the bloodstream and ergo there is also the possibility of side effects as DHT blocking does not go down well with all people/bodies. And then it doesn't matter whether it is saw palmetto or finasteride.
In my opinion, the fact that saw palmetto normally has no side effects is only due to the fact that it is not as potent as e.g. finasteride or Duatasteride...

2) Oral minoxidil --> there are now also reports that erection problems can occur with minoxidil.
I think it has a stronger effect when taken orally than topically and that is why I am also unsure here

(topical is unfortunately not an option for me -> as it causes dandruff and is not suitable for everyday use)

other treatments they offer:

-AAPE - Advanced Adipose-Derived Stem Cell Protein Extract: It contains hundreds of growth factors and proteins. Maximizes the revitalizing effects of your skin and hair follicles.

-Exosomes - which are extracellular vesicles involved in cell communication, homeostasis, differentiation, and organogenesis, have been shown to play a central role in hair morphogenesis and regeneration with potential for use as alopecia treatment.

many thanks

15 hours ago, Maistro said:

You are not quoting scientific research.

I did look into the paper referenced on the Scandinavian Biolabs website. It's not a good study, and looking at the numbers for side effects of minoxidil it is not statistically significant. Note that Scandinavian Biolabs is a company trying to sell you hair regrowth shampoos. You do the math.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Dutasteride is a legit therapy but it's very expensive. I've been taking oral minoxidil for at least 18 months and I haven't noticed any side effects except that my eyebrows need an occasional trim.

many thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chrisno said:

You are not quoting scientific research.

I did look into the paper referenced on the Scandinavian Biolabs website. It's not a good study, and looking at the numbers for side effects of minoxidil it is not statistically significant. Note that Scandinavian Biolabs is a company trying to sell you hair regrowth shampoos. You do the math.

this

On 1/3/2024 at 2:54 AM, Gatsby said:

Dutasteride is a legit therapy but it's very expensive. I've been taking oral minoxidil for at least 18 months and I haven't noticed any side effects except that my eyebrows need an occasional trim.

how much in Australia?
I am very lucky, I get prp+duta for 150 euro from my friend-dermatologist.