has anyone done HT at Bosley?

Chancy

There are plenty of people here who went through Bosley (some actually went more than once)...They all had to go to a coalition Doctor to repair them.

Can you tell us how old you are, how many grafts were transplanted? If you could post some pictures, that would be even better. There are a LOT of knowledgeable people here who can give you unbiased advice. Plus coalition doctors post here regularly.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

I did my first Bosley session in November..I have worked with 2 other Dr's and by far this has been the best experience..I am 4 months out from session and hair is coming in fine..BUT the best part was the numbing process, maybe standard now , was easiest I have ever had using a vibrator around injection site..It made retrieving donor so easy and painless..

In addition, they have e-mailed me and sent hard mail at 4 different stages to tell me where I should be and what to be expecting at this time..Dr Crawshaw did the procedure, it looks like it is coming in good, 800 grafts , all hairline..

Just wanted to say wherever Bosley got the negative pub, it is not justified here in Houston..

Call or write me anytime!

Jay

i went to bosley.. i know EXACTLY how you feel... but i was so uninformed and desperate i went back for a second helping of disappointment and wasted grafts.. this is where you should feel fortunate...

i get what you are saying about destroying native hairs in the transplanted area. when i was worked on the "doc" went well back into my native hair... i feel i lost as much ground as i gained at best....

i dont know what advice to give you except dont go back there... and HOLD OFF another surgury as long as possible, provided you can pull off a look that can pass a normal...

i use dermmatch sparingly in my front third, and on my wide scar... it really helps when applied correctly man..gotta be REAL careful applying it near the hairline though..

anyway, if you have any questions feel free to PM me and ill try to be as helpful as possible. just know that you ONLY messed up once and there is more than likely alot of options you will have in the future to rectify your situation..

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

always interesting when a person's very first post is in defense of a terrible chain ht clinic like bosley....

chancy, poor yield, believe it or not, isn't the worst case scenario when it comes to a failed ht procedure. i agree with the others: do plenty of research, spend time on these forums, and then start consulting docs and plan your next move. btw, docs i would start by looking at include: feller, h&w, shapiro, alexander, and rahal.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I've seen many negative comments regarding Bosley on this forum, and I've heard a few from other surgeons in the field. I think ??” to frame the points better ??” it's not so much that Bosley clinics are of poor standards or that their doctors all are unskilled. Rather, Bosley is simply a chain clinic: there are many locations spread throughout the country, and when you visit one, you expect a uniform standard of service. Of course, this is medicine, not McDonald's, and people really mustn't try to think of how good "Bosley" is, but must consider how competent any given physician who works at a Bosley location is: I'll bet almost anything at least a few of them are talented.

If, for whatever reason, someone is intent upon this franchise, rather than jump in for the "name" (or run from it), I think he or she ought to learn about the specific physician who will be in charge of him or her. If that information is unavailable, probably, the doctor ought not to be considered (why gamble so largely with your head)?

Unfortunately, I am a repeat offender... I went to Bosley for a few small procedures, but I agree that every time I went, I felt that I made backwards progress as they destroyed and transected existing hair in my hairline. They refused to plant any grafts where I might see them, so in this sense, their strategy worked: They kept planting where my existing hair was, destroying those hairs, and requiring me to come back for further procedures without the knowledge of how awful it truly looked, until my native hair was truly gone.

I've had one procedure to correct it, but will likely need one more. I truly regret my Bosley experience and encourage others to definitely NOT make this mistake. They do NOT have your best interests in heart. They operated on me when I was very young taking advantage of a vulnerable teen with a high forehead and zero thinning. They should have proudly turned me away.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

I am cureous. What techniques is Bosley using today that are so much different then what the coalition docs are using? By now they must have adopted the latest techniques right?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Originally posted by M&M:

Unfortunately, I am a repeat offender... I went to Bosley for a few small procedures, but I agree that every time I went, I felt that I made backwards progress as they destroyed and transected existing hair in my hairline. They refused to plant any grafts where I might see them, so in this sense, their strategy worked: They kept planting where my existing hair was, destroying those hairs, and requiring me to come back for further procedures without the knowledge of how awful it truly looked, until my native hair was truly gone.

I've had one procedure to correct it, but will likely need one more. I truly regret my Bosley experience and encourage others to definitely NOT make this mistake. They do NOT have your best interests in heart. They operated on me when I was very young taking advantage of a vulnerable teen with a high forehead and zero thinning. They should have proudly turned me away.

You were worked on as a teen-ager? That, itself, is very unusual. Plenty of guys, by eighteen or nineteen, might notice their hair-line is a little higher than it was when they began high school. It's absolutely absurd for a surgeon to agree to lower that for them. Hell, some men that age might want to just lower an unreceded hair-line; I can't imagine a doctor's agreeing to perform that operation. Talk about unethical.

I too went to Bosley. I had a procedure with Dr. Phillips in Boston. Thankfully he has since retired. I had very poor if any yield at all and it definatly destroyed some of the existing hair in the front. In fact if you look at the top of my head you can see a clear line from the front 1/3 foward where they planted the grafts. Its much thinner than the back. I am a diffuse thinner and up to that point I was thinning at the same rate over the whole top.

Believe it or not though I consider myself lucky for 2 reasons. From the horror pictures I've seen of scars on this site my scar looks half way decent. "If a scar can look decent". 2nd I never would have found this site and may have gone back there for a 2nd procedure if I didnt have poor results.

It's to bad something cant be done to stop this company from ruining peoples live's.

Originally posted by Can't decide:

I am cureous. What techniques is Bosley using today that are so much different then what the coalition docs are using? By now they must have adopted the latest techniques right?

Can't decide,

I don't think it's a different technique, per se. It's just that Bosley probably has 300 or more physicians working for them and I'm sure they've got their share of good ones. However, I do know that when most people sign up with them it might be a different doc than they had originally met with.

And, maybe they do have good doctors who eventually leave because they've also got some shitty doctors. It's just difficult to hire a quality surgeon, train him and supervise his or her work effectively. They are a chain, and like someone above said - this ain't McDonalds.

On the other hand, a 'sole practitioner' has his reputation on the line every day so you'd think that is somewhat motivating to do his best. Same thing with the technicians. Since the doctor is really just an employee as well, some of them might not be as diligent about supervising techs as an "owner" would, imo.

A chain doc can have a bad day, and say the hell with it, and not be affected too much.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week