HIMs Topical Spray - Any sides?

xabi86

Hi all,

I wanted to know if any of you have used Hims topical spray and experienced any sides like loss of libido, insomnia?

i am using it in the UK and I am told the dosage is high as it’s 0.3% of fin. If any Uk members, let me know if you know of a lesser dose spray that is on the market.

It’s been 3 months of use for me and I notice hair is thinner as opposed to when I started out.

I was on fin oral form before and using 0.5mg twice a week. Moved to topical so to avoid sides.

Please let me know on any sides whilst using Hims and hair thinner than when I started out. Use 3-4 sprays daily. 4 are recommended. 

Thanks

Hey, I used Hims spray in US, and at the lower dose, I think 0.1, (they also offer the higher dose) which is more equivalent to the oral fin recommended daily pill dosage. I did have all the same sides as  had with oral, they just took longer to manifest. For my money that dose is unnecessarily high but if you didn't get sides from the pills you should be fine. The research (and a few Drs I've spoken with) have suggested it can be effective as low a dose as 0.025, which you can get at anegenica online. 

The thing with Hims is that the vehicle really wouldn't be particularly effective at keeping the drug in the scalp. The consensus seems to be that gels like the one xyon uses are probably going to be better at minimizing systemic absorption.

Again though, I'm very prone to sides with finasteride and dutasteride, many people can tolerate doses this high and higher. If you were ok with the pill you should be fine.

Good luck!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 4Godot said:

Hey, I used Hims spray in US, and at the lower dose, I think 0.1, (they also offer the higher dose) which is more equivalent to the oral fin recommended daily pill dosage. I did have all the same sides as  had with oral, they just took longer to manifest. For my money that dose is unnecessarily high but if you didn't get sides from the pills you should be fine. The research (and a few Drs I've spoken with) have suggested it can be effective as low a dose as 0.025, which you can get at anegenica online. 

The thing with Hims is that the vehicle really wouldn't be particularly effective at keeping the drug in the scalp. The consensus seems to be that gels like the one xyon uses are probably going to be better at minimizing systemic absorption.

Again though, I'm very prone to sides with finasteride and dutasteride, many people can tolerate doses this high and higher. If you were ok with the pill you should be fine.

Good luck!

Hi @4Godot

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I still got side effects with oral fin hence switched to Hims. But even with that I notice sides, loss of libido and insomnia.

I live in the UK and Xyon don’t deliver here :(

Anything else you or someone else in the forum can recommend which will have lower dosage or something similar to Xyon (less chance of systemic absorption) ?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, xabi86 said:

Anything else you or someone else in the forum can recommend which will have lower dosage or something similar to Xyon

Oh gotcha, sorry. Farmacia Parati offer low strength solutions in a gel I believe is similar to Xyons, you just need a prescription from a European Dr (as in a Dr with a European license).  Could also try Anagenica site for very low dose finasteride, albeit in a non-gel solution

2 hours ago, 4Godot said:

Oh gotcha, sorry. Farmacia Parati offer low strength solutions in a gel I believe is similar to Xyons, you just need a prescription from a European Dr (as in a Dr with a European license).  Could also try Anagenica site for very low dose finasteride, albeit in a non-gel solution

Thank you again @4Godot. Farmacia Parati don't have an online shop? Also, do you know how I can get a prescription for them please?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Thank you again @4Godot. Farmacia Parati don't have an online shop? Also, do you know how I can get a prescription for them please?

Dm this op he was able to get it

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Also, do you know how I can get a prescription for them please?

Yeah I guess check in with user @Melvin- Admin mentioned, once you email FP they'll then ask for a prescription. I believe there was a service recommended by curemyhairloss.com , that's a dermatologist in Sweden who writes prescriptions. I haven't use this site though

18 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Hi all,

I wanted to know if any of you have used Hims topical spray and experienced any sides like loss of libido, insomnia?

i am using it in the UK and I am told the dosage is high as it’s 0.3% of fin. If any Uk members, let me know if you know of a lesser dose spray that is on the market.

It’s been 3 months of use for me and I notice hair is thinner as opposed to when I started out.

I was on fin oral form before and using 0.5mg twice a week. Moved to topical so to avoid sides.

Please let me know on any sides whilst using Hims and hair thinner than when I started out. Use 3-4 sprays daily. 4 are recommended. 

Thanks

I’ve trialed it for about a month or so and noticed sides within a week of usage. Tried to give it some time but decided not to continue. Besides, i found that it made my hair feel like crap after applying. 

22 hours ago, UKLad81 said:

I’ve trialed it for about a month or so and noticed sides within a week of usage. Tried to give it some time but decided not to continue. Besides, i found that it made my hair feel like crap after applying. 

What did you do instead then buddy?

Farmacia Parati are proving very difficult to get hold of. I want to try a lower dose

On 12/14/2023 at 1:39 PM, UKLad81 said:

are you referring to HIMS fin or Parati brand fin? thanks for the clarification

On 12/15/2023 at 5:33 PM, xabi86 said:

What did you do instead then buddy?

Farmacia Parati are proving very difficult to get hold of. I want to try a lower dose

I’m back on oral fin 0.5mg daily. I do have some sides but not as drastic  weighing up my options on trialing dutasteride as despite being on this dosage since Sept I’m not seeing any real benefit just yet. Quite liking Melvins posts about Xyon however, it’s not available in UK otherwise I would’ve jumped on that. 

That said, the good thing and i guess i got lucky with HIMS was that they offer a 90 day money back guarantee so i told them about my sides a month in and asked them to cancel my subscription. After the 90 days i put in a claim for the money to be refunded and was actually surprised that it was refunded with no questions asked. /

57 minutes ago, 12345 said:

are you referring to HIMS fin or Parati brand fin? thanks for the clarification

I do the HIMS topical fin and Minox solution matey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKLad81 said:

I’m back on oral fin 0.5mg daily. I do have some sides but not as drastic  weighing up my options on trialing dutasteride as despite being on this dosage since Sept I’m not seeing any real benefit just yet. Quite liking Melvins posts about Xyon however, it’s not available in UK otherwise I would’ve jumped on that. 

That said, the good thing and i guess i got lucky with HIMS was that they offer a 90 day money back guarantee so i told them about my sides a month in and asked them to cancel my subscription. After the 90 days i put in a claim for the money to be refunded and was actually surprised that it was refunded with no questions asked. /

I do the HIMS topical fin and Minox solution matey. 

That’s awesome. I’m surprised about the 90-day guarantee since many people don’t see much benefits for 6+ months. 

I really want to try one of the topical options outside of Hims. one option is Manual (0.1% fin). But it seems Farmacia Parati and Agencia do lower doses but I am having so much difficulty is getting responses from them.

has anyone else had the same problem with them i.e delayed responses? 
it’s been over a week.

Also which of the two are better Farmacia Parati or Agencia?

21 minutes ago, xabi86 said:

has anyone else had the same problem with them i.e delayed responses? 

I had probably similar wait with Farmacia Parati but they did get back in the end, just to say I needed prescription from EU Dr. Anagenica I just bought straight from the site, didn't really need to interact for what I needed. Just a note though, their "Lipofin" solution is still just a liquid, not a gel, which I had expected from description

2 minutes ago, 4Godot said:

I had probably similar wait with Farmacia Parati but they did get back in the end, just to say I needed prescription from EU Dr. Anagenica I just bought straight from the site, didn't really need to interact for what I needed. Just a note though, their "Lipofin" solution is still just a liquid, not a gel, which I had expected from description

Thanks. Do you think one if better than the other between FP and Agencia?

I wonder what the difference is between Lipofin and non-Lipofin. I am a novice at this when it comes to topical fin.

9 minutes ago, xabi86 said:

Thanks. Do you think one if better than the other between FP and Agencia?

I wonder what the difference is between Lipofin and non-Lipofin. I am a novice at this when it comes to topical fin.

No worries. The only thing I know of is that FP has gel solutions, which in theory are less likely to go systemic, but this is still in the realms of speculation. Other than that anagenica is just easy as it's direct purchase through their site

3 hours ago, 4Godot said:

No worries. The only thing I know of is that FP has gel solutions, which in theory are less likely to go systemic, but this is still in the realms of speculation. Other than that anagenica is just easy as it's direct purchase through their site

Thanks again. I’ll wait for FP to come back to me.

in the meantime, do you know how much 0.01% topical fin per dose is equivalent to in mg of oral fin?

Trying to see if there is a chart or some resource that gives that info. 

1 hour ago, xabi86 said:

do you know how much 0.01% topical fin per dose is equivalent to in mg of oral fin

Well dosage wise, my understanding was always 0.1 of topical is equivalent is the equivalent of 1 mg tab. In terms of absorption etc, I've seen a lot of charts with these or similar numbers:

I'm not sure if this was gel or alcohol solution, but this is why a lot of Drs say 0.025 is plenty, and Hims seems, to me, to be on the high side. And I'd guess anyone who has no problems with that dosage would have few problems with oral. Especially as Hims doesn't use any particularly specialized kind of carrier/ solution

Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 9.26.47 PM.png

Hi @4Godot

Did you order your prescription through curemyhairloss.com?

I ordered it about 4 days ago and paid 58 EUROS and have had no response or confirmation from them via email that they have received my prescription order. This is really worrying that I have confirmation. And I dont have any contact details for Dr Knap and curemyhairloss.com which is poor.

Does Dr Knapp pass the prescription to Farmacia Parati =?

8 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Did you order your prescription through curemyhairloss.com?

No I've never used the service as I decided to get off finasteride all together, it was recommended to me by another user here but can't find the thread right now I'm afraid

• Like 1