Absolute Hair Clinic|DR Ratchathorn (Dr Bonus)|4000 Grafts|Dec 2023

romeo_gent

10 hours ago, wr1015 said:

Any updates on this

All of the Ratchathorn cases went under the radar haha. So eager to see more. Her work always looks incredibly clean.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Please don’t forget about us. We’d love to see an update 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, thanks for the kind interest and follow up. I’m now exactly 4.5 months post surgery. Although it is not looking bad, I still feel the growth is not as much as I expect. Upon consulting doctor, I increase the minoxidil dosage from 1.25mg to 2.5mg about 1 week ago. Doctor did tell me that my growth is already above average and remind me of the patience I am lacking. 
here are some quick pictures taken few minutes ago. You can be the judge and share your feedback if you think my hair growth is good or otherwise. Thank you in anticipation!! 🙏🫡

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_4099.jpeg

IMG_4100.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

Edited by romeo_gent
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, romeo_gent said:

Hi guys, thanks for the kind interest and follow up. I’m now exactly 4.5 months post surgery. Although it is not looking bad, I still feel the growth is not as much as I expect. Upon consulting doctor, I increase the minoxidil dosage from 1.25mg to 2.5mg about 1 week ago. Doctor did tell me that my growth is already above average and remind me of the patience I am lacking. 
here are some quick pictures taken few minutes ago. You can be the judge and share your feedback if you think my hair growth is good or otherwise. Thank you in anticipation!! 🙏🫡

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_4099.jpeg

IMG_4100.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

I think you're on track. You should see a lot of improvement in the next couple months.

• Thanks 1

I think it looks very good!

I've seen cases who have come quite a bit further at 4.5 months. But I have also seen A LOT of cases who had less growth at 4.5 months.

Many cases seem to grow fairly slow and then suddenly hit the "BOOM" stage, which seems to vary anywhere from month 5 to 8, or sometimes even later.

Please keep us posted and fingers crossed you will get solid growth the coming months!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Looks really good on track 🙏

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Taken exactly at the completion of 5th mth. What do you guys think?

I feel that implanted hair start to grow faster, and also get thicker. I used to have softer hair, so I would be able to tell the difference. I think partly due to the implanted hair genetic from donor area (stronger), and partly due to minoxidil (I have been taking daily 2.5mg, and increased to 5mg from 4th month onwards).

image.thumb.jpeg.238c51abf8abc93ae7878cecf5f59181.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e40994f03edf6ec60c6a1563e39137b5.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-05 at 7.02.40 AM.jpeg

Edited by romeo_gent

It's coming in nicely. I think the front looks very strong and will frame your face. Midscalp a little weak still but filling in very nicely. Should be great by 8-9 months mark from what I can tell. 

10 hours ago, 718S said:

It's coming in nicely. I think the front looks very strong and will frame your face. Midscalp a little weak still but filling in very nicely. Should be great by 8-9 months mark from what I can tell. 

When I check my photo right after operations, looks like mid scalp is planted less dense and crown is even lesser. I recalled doctor said 4200 graft not sufficiently to cover same density for mid scalp and crown. When I look at the photo now, it sort of make sense and align of the area of density of implant.

im not sure situation will improve by month-8 to any satisfaction or it will improve a little but still limited density. 

if it is latter, the next decision point would be the need of a second operations. 

10 hours ago, TakeAction said:

Looks like you're on track. I'd let the hair grow out for a while from this point on

Thanks mate. 
I did last hair cut 3 weeks ago but mainly to trim the side. I’m trying to keep the front hair but realized that it also need some trimming to keep same length as some hair is growing faster than other. White hair grow faster and implanted hair also grow at slight varying speed with the original hair 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, romeo_gent said:

When I check my photo right after operations, looks like mid scalp is planted less dense and crown is even lesser. I recalled doctor said 4200 graft not sufficiently to cover same density for mid scalp and crown. When I look at the photo now, it sort of make sense and align of the area of density of implant.

im not sure situation will improve by month-8 to any satisfaction or it will improve a little but still limited density. 

if it is latter, the next decision point would be the need of a second operations. 

That makes sense and I think it's a reasonable plan. For higher NWs it's hard to get full coverage in one go. Most would prefer to focus on framing the face like you did.

Based on other cases that I've seen, there tends to be a significant increase in density, or illusion of density, around month 8 or so. I imagine that will be the case for you too. But yes, the density you have now follows the implants in the after surgery picture quite well.

Edited by 718S

Also short term you could look i to hair fibres, such as toppik. For me it's been an absolute miracle for mid scalp density. I don't use it daily but just for special occasions 

14 minutes ago, 718S said:

Also short term you could look i to hair fibres, such as toppik. For me it's been an absolute miracle for mid scalp density. I don't use it daily but just for special occasions 

Thanks mate. Can you explain more what is hair fibres? Do you mean tropical solutions to apply on scalp?

25 minutes ago, romeo_gent said:

Thanks mate. Can you explain more what is hair fibres? Do you mean tropical solutions to apply on scalp?

Absolutely. 

It's hard to explain more granular but in essence it's fibres made from (I think) keratin. Might come from sheep or something. Then the colour it. And sell in various colour's. It's basically like a powder you apply to your head and it attaches to your hair builds up density just like real hair. 

Sounds weird but check out "toppik" (the most famous brand I'd say, I'm not promoting them or anything, but it's what I've tried and it works well for me).

Basically you dust some of that on your hair and suddenly it looks like you have 2x the density. It's crazy. I think it would work very well on your pattern.

17 minutes ago, 718S said:

Absolutely. 

It's hard to explain more granular but in essence it's fibres made from (I think) keratin. Might come from sheep or something. Then the colour it. And sell in various colour's. It's basically like a powder you apply to your head and it attaches to your hair builds up density just like real hair. 

Sounds weird but check out "toppik" (the most famous brand I'd say, I'm not promoting them or anything, but it's what I've tried and it works well for me).

Basically you dust some of that on your hair and suddenly it looks like you have 2x the density. It's crazy. I think it would work very well on your pattern.

I see, now I remember seeing those jaw-dropping clips from social media. 

I personally am not a big fan of wig or adding external substances to look good. But thanks for sharing the experience. 

On 4/19/2024 at 4:38 PM, romeo_gent said:

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_4099.jpeg

IMG_4100.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the update, it looks actually very good and will only further improve in the months ahead. One question on the use and increased dosage of the minoxidil from 1.25mg to 2.5mg, is this highly recommended by the Dr.?

And for how long are you supposed to be taking this in addition to Finasteride?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, davdoff23 said:

Thanks for sharing the update, it looks actually very good and will only further improve in the months ahead. One question on the use and increased dosage of the minoxidil from 1.25mg to 2.5mg, is this highly recommended by the Dr.?

And for how long are you supposed to be taking this in addition to Finasteride?

Thanks mate. 
doctor prescribed 1.25mg right after the procedure. Maybe because I didn’t have any medication. Later on upon the monthly progress review, doctor said I can increase to 2.5mg as most others are taking this dose. In short, I think starting small is probably a conservative approach by the doctor. 

Edited by romeo_gent
corrected dosage
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, romeo_gent said:

Thanks mate. 
doctor prescribed 2.5mg right after the procedure. Maybe because I didn’t have any medication. Later on upon the monthly progress review, doctor said I can increase to 5mg as most others are taking this dose. In short, I think starting small is probably a conservative approach by the doctor. 

37 minutes ago, romeo_gent said:

Thanks mate. 
doctor prescribed 2.5mg right after the procedure. Maybe because I didn’t have any medication. Later on upon the monthly progress review, doctor said I can increase to 5mg as most others are taking this dose. In short, I think starting small is probably a conservative approach by the doctor. 

I see, and did the Dr. mention how long one should be on Minoxidil? Live long or only during the regrowth?

• Administrators

Hairline looks a lot stronger already 

C11450F6-28D5-437E-AFF0-CC9046F88F99.jpeg

View my thread

10 hours ago, romeo_gent said:

Thanks mate. 
doctor prescribed 1.25mg right after the procedure. Maybe because I didn’t have any medication. Later on upon the monthly progress review, doctor said I can increase to 2.5mg as most others are taking this dose. In short, I think starting small is probably a conservative approach by the doctor. 

Correction: I started with 1.25mg, and at month 4, I increased to 2.5mg. (the pill is 5mg each, I break them into 1/4 in the beginning, and increased to 1/2)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

Its coming along nicely for 5 months...you should expect much growth until 7th month. Good luck!

Thanks pal. I hope for the same myself. :)