Recommendations on UK clinics

Good evening all,

I hope you can help me by sharing your previous experiences and hopefully kind me in some right directions.

I've been researching everything and everywhere possible on feedback on clinics in both the UK and Türkiye. I must have completed, google, trust pilot, social medial platforms and forums. I feel I'm close to making a decision and then find a review or past case that puts me off, to the point I may just shave it bald!. I though now, rather than reading other peoples conversations, I would become part of the conversation.

I've looked at the following (and received quotes) clinics in Türkiye (Smile, Vera, NowHairTime, EsteWorld & Cosmedica) as always amazing prices between £2.5k and £3.5k, 5 * hotel, selling the dream. Their social platforms having excellent before and afters, but who's social media is really going to show negative results, when its run by their marketing? I also find the majority of the reviews potentially fake? I know from reading on these forums the majority of Turkish clinics are deemed as mills too and they churn out multiple transplants in 1 day. The price is the only real factor Türkiye is considered and the fact its not usually charged per graft and you can have maximum (I'm a believer or go hard or go home) If your going to have a transplant got to max required.

Ideally i want to remain in the UK, but i haven't settled on 1 clinic yet. I've looked in Dr Arshad, who's reviews are not the best. Also offers top ups, i dont want to go through it twice, when it should have been done in the 1st instance.

I looked at KSL, who dont seem to have at least 1 good review?

My next clinic to contact is Dr Farjo...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

• Like 1

• Administrators

The UK has some up-and-coming talent. Check out our list of recommendations in the UK

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

You've chosen a pretty impressive list of terrible clinics in Turkey, and also thrown in KSL from here for good measure, which is also an awful option.

Dr Ed Ball at the Maitland Clinic is an excellent surgeon, as is Dr Mani Mittal. Those two would be my picks from the UK by some margin.

There's others that people like (Reddy, Farjo, Arshad, Miln), all of which would be vastly better than that Turkish shortlist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You've chosen a pretty impressive list of terrible clinics in Turkey, and also thrown in KSL from here for good measure, which is also an awful option.

Dr Ed Ball at the Maitland Clinic is an excellent surgeon, as is Dr Mani Mittal. Those two would be my picks from the UK by some margin.

There's others that people like (Reddy, Farjo, Arshad, Miln), all of which would be vastly better than that Turkish shortlist.

Agreed. There are also cost effective options overseas with surgeons that operate on one person per day, including Turkey.

The recommended surgeons list on this site is a good place to start.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

If we had pics we could better direct you as different surgeons are better at different stages of hairloss.

But if I were you I'd widen your search from the UK, it's very hit and miss here.

• Like 1

Thankyou all for the replies. It sure is a minefield out here...

Yes, it seems that the list of Türkiye surgeons i have chosen must have the best marketing, because they're everywhere

I did email Farjo clinic around a week ago and still had NO reply. On the other had KSL will not stop calling or emailing me.

I did look into Bisanga in Belgium, who has amazing reviews but thats like paying the UK and still having to travel overseas  

I will now look into Inekio, Ball, Dr Mani Mittal, Dr Ted Miln - Cheers

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, HAIRJB said:

I did look into Bisanga in Belgium, who has amazing reviews but thats like paying the UK and still having to travel overseas  

Bisanga is one of the best in the business, and Belgium is only a cheap one hour flight away so really not worth ruling out. You could spent longer travelling from one part of the UK to another by car depending on where you live relative to one of the better UK clinics. 

On 12/1/2023 at 3:48 PM, HAIRJB said:

Thankyou all for the replies. It sure is a minefield out here...

Yes, it seems that the list of Türkiye surgeons i have chosen must have the best marketing, because they're everywhere

I did email Farjo clinic around a week ago and still had NO reply. On the other had KSL will not stop calling or emailing me.

I will now look into Inekio, Ball, Dr Mani Mittal, Dr Ted Miln - Cheers

Honestly I got the eurostar to belgium and it was really easy, as Berba said above travelling around the UK can be more of a hassle. This is a one off surgery (hopefully) so you could even fly to Brussels, get surgery done with Dr Bisanga and then relax in a hotel for a week or 2 before you look normal again if you're self conscious about travelling.

He's in another league to the ones you're looking at in the UK, definitely would at least consult with him pal.