Dr Luis Nader - 2800 Grafts. Former SMP Patient

gtyler

Dr Nader 2800 Grafts - Former SMP patient

Hello!

Wanted to post my before and after HT surgery pics. 

I feel like I’m somewhat a unique case because I went in already having SMP. While I liked what SMP did for me (got in 2020), I still missed my hair. 

Growing up, I always had a widows peak. But the SMP artist did a good job at staying conservative with the hairline AND the ink color. Making sure to not go too dark. If I could give any advice on SMP, make sure to do your research. Got somewhere reputable and pay a little extra. 

Now for the HT, I had to grow my hair out for 3 weeks before the procedure. Which was weird for me after shaving bald for 3+ years. But Nader needed to see where my actual MPB was at.  

Meeting with Dr Nader was a treat. Made sure to answer all my questions and made me feel confident about aligning my hairline with my SMP placement- while staying conservative. He also said the SMP would help with density. 

The plan was to go in and get at least 2600 grafts. He ended up getting 2800 and covered some of my temple area too. 

I felt next to no pain - even with anesthesia. But I’m used to needles and nothing will beat the pain of a large stomach/chest tattoo haha. 

Overall, I think it turned out really well. Dr Nader was incredible. Very knowledgeable and wants the best results - while keeping your donor area intact. He and I messaged daily for a week after the procedure. And now talk once per month for updates. He was in the room at ALL times. There is a reason he is booked out for 15 months. He’s an amazing doctor. 

It’s been 2 months already since my procedure (sorry for taking so long to post). But it’s hard to see much progress with the SMP. I’m also still shaving my head with a 2mm guard. Started doing that after 4 weeks (with doc approval). 

Currently taking .5mg fin, 2.5mg min, biotin, 2% ketoconazole shampoo. 

Added a good amount of pics showing Naders work. The first 5 pics are immediately BEFORE the HT. Donor area looked completely normal after 10 days. Also, I added one picture of what I looked like with just SMP (where I’m kneeling with my daughter).

I’ll post a 3 month update around the middle of December. 

Thanks!

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

71643802833__BC1509A1-8F01-436E-9225-498957292BDC.jpeg

IMG_0216.jpeg

71647343841__0A304258-964C-41CC-B3FA-87743B088BC1.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

FA4E9A08-2BE7-4CD9-AC9E-C9597982422D.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I also had SMP and it worked like a sort of underlay when I had my first hair transplant/repair transplant. Two months post op would have to be the darkest part of the ugly duckling phase and the whole post op period. Happy growing! 👌

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gtyler said:

Dr Nader 2800 Grafts - Former SMP patient

Hello!

Wanted to post my before and after HT surgery pics. 

I feel like I’m somewhat a unique case because I went in already having SMP. While I liked what SMP did for me (got in 2020), I still missed my hair. 

Growing up, I always had a widows peak. But the SMP artist did a good job at staying conservative with the hairline AND the ink color. Making sure to not go too dark. If I could give any advice on SMP, make sure to do your research. Got somewhere reputable and pay a little extra. 

Now for the HT, I had to grow my hair out for 3 weeks before the procedure. Which was weird for me after shaving bald for 3+ years. But Nader needed to see where my actual MPB was at.  

Meeting with Dr Nader was a treat. Made sure to answer all my questions and made me feel confident about aligning my hairline with my SMP placement- while staying conservative. He also said the SMP would help with density. 

The plan was to go in and get at least 2600 grafts. He ended up getting 2800 and covered some of my temple area too. 

I felt next to no pain - even with anesthesia. But I’m used to needles and nothing will beat the pain of a large stomach/chest tattoo haha. 

Overall, I think it turned out really well. Dr Nader was incredible. Very knowledgeable and wants the best results - while keeping your donor area intact. He and I messaged daily for a week after the procedure. And now talk once per month for updates. He was in the room at ALL times. There is a reason he is booked out for 15 months. He’s an amazing doctor. 

It’s been 2 months already since my procedure (sorry for taking so long to post). But it’s hard to see much progress with the SMP. I’m also still shaving my head with a 2mm guard. Started doing that after 4 weeks (with doc approval). 

Currently taking .5mg fin, 2.5mg min, biotin, 2% ketoconazole shampoo. 

Added a good amount of pics showing Naders work. The first 5 pics are immediately BEFORE the HT. Donor area looked completely normal after 10 days. Also, I added one picture of what I looked like with just SMP (where I’m kneeling with my daughter).

I’ll post a 3 month update around the middle of December. 

Thanks!

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

71643802833__BC1509A1-8F01-436E-9225-498957292BDC.jpeg

IMG_0216.jpeg

71647343841__0A304258-964C-41CC-B3FA-87743B088BC1.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

FA4E9A08-2BE7-4CD9-AC9E-C9597982422D.jpeg

Could you post pics of the back of your head? Since you keep it short, would like to see what it might look like. I keep it short. Have not had HT.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:05 AM, coolbreeze said:

Could you post pics of the back of your head? Since you keep it short, would like to see what it might look like. I keep it short. Have not had HT.

Sorry for the angle. Don't have anyone to take a pic of the back of my head. But this is 1 day after I shaved with a 2mm guardMicrosoftTeams-image(23).thumb.png.727c22252de4a465bfaa2155e8ddb973.png

12 minutes ago, dkeep02 said:

Hi, I have been trying to reach Dr. Nader for a consultation. What's the best way to reach him, and what's his contact information?

I had the most success with emailing his assistant, Brenda. Her email is: brenda@nadermedical.com

Also, @Melvin- Admin helped me submit a consultation request through HRN. 2 weeks after that, Brenda replied.

After you get the procedure done, he'll give you a direct line of contact to him for any questions/concerns. 

On 11/17/2023 at 12:35 AM, Gatsby said:

I also had SMP and it worked like a sort of underlay when I had my first hair transplant/repair transplant. Two months post op would have to be the darkest part of the ugly duckling phase and the whole post op period. Happy growing! 👌

Thank you!! I'm excited. The plan is to keep shaving it until after Christmas (get all the family visits out of the way) then I'm just going to let it grow. It will be 4.5 months since the procedure after 12/25.

And hopefully surprise them with a full head of hair next time I see them 😊

24 minutes ago, gtyler said:

I had the most success with emailing his assistant, Brenda. Her email is: brenda@nadermedical.com

Also, @Melvin- Admin helped me submit a consultation request through HRN. 2 weeks after that, Brenda replied.

After you get the procedure done, he'll give you a direct line of contact to him for any questions/concerns. 

how can i get admin to help me?

1 hour ago, dkeep02 said:

how can i get admin to help me?

Maybe just send him a message?

This is the thread where he helped me:

Again, a lot of me getting an appointment with Nader was luck and being VERY persistent with reaching out.

On 11/22/2023 at 7:16 AM, gtyler said:

Sorry for the angle. Don't have anyone to take a pic of the back of my head. But this is 1 day after I shaved with a 2mm guardMicrosoftTeams-image(23).thumb.png.727c22252de4a465bfaa2155e8ddb973.png

thanks appreciate it. Would like to see back again when you share more pics at 6 months, 9 months, etc.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:05 AM, coolbreeze said:

Here is a picture immediately after I shaved my head with 1.5mm clippers. 

It’s been exactly 2.5 months since my surgery (9/14). I plan to grow it out on January 1st after I see my family for the holidays (which will be 3.5 months post op). Fingers crossed they’ll see me with a full head of hair next year.

I think Nader did amazing. My donor area looks untouched. 

If you have anymore questions, let me know!

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

• Like 1

How long before your scheduled Appt.  did the clinic reach out and confirm your date?   I’m less than 2 months away from my appt this January and I have not heard from the Dr Nader’s staff.   They also have not replied to my last 3 emails about the appt.

Did they give you only a few weeks to schedule your flights/ hotel?

Thanks for the help:)

3 hours ago, Hairman1984 said:

How long before your scheduled Appt.  did the clinic reach out and confirm your date?   I’m less than 2 months away from my appt this January and I have not heard from the Dr Nader’s staff.   They also have not replied to my last 3 emails about the appt.

Did they give you only a few weeks to schedule your flights/ hotel?

Thanks for the help:)

Once the appointment got closer, Brenda was a lot better with communication. 

But if you already have it scheduled, you should go ahead and buy your plane ticket and get a hotel. Don’t wait on them. I booked my travel and lodging immediately after I had my appointment date.

If it’s in their calendar, they’ll make sure you’re picked up on the day of and taken over the border. 

1 hour ago, gtyler said:

Once the appointment got closer, Brenda was a lot better with communication. 

But if you already have it scheduled, you should go ahead and buy your plane ticket and get a hotel. Don’t wait on them. I booked my travel and lodging immediately after I had my appointment date.

If it’s in their calendar, they’ll make sure you’re picked up on the day of and taken over the border. 

Thanks for the quick response gtyler, and sorry to spam your thread with this issue.  I’m really surprised that you think I should get things in order and plan for that date already.  Below is a copied response I received from Nader Medical back when I scheduled Appt. I just wanted one last confirmation from them before I made the travel arrangements.  Communication seems worse now that it is getting closer which is concerning. I am scheduled for Jan 25th , so I’m getting a bit anxious.

We ask you to wait to make flight reservations until you receive a confirmation email from Brenda or me confirming the dates for your visit (even if the calendar date is chosen and an email for the event is received). 

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2023 at 9:58 PM, Hairman1984 said:

Thanks for the quick response gtyler, and sorry to spam your thread with this issue.  I’m really surprised that you think I should get things in order and plan for that date already.  Below is a copied response I received from Nader Medical back when I scheduled Appt. I just wanted one last confirmation from them before I made the travel arrangements.  Communication seems worse now that it is getting closer which is concerning. I am scheduled for Jan 25th , so I’m getting a bit anxious.

We ask you to wait to make flight reservations until you receive a confirmation email from Brenda or me confirming the dates for your visit (even if the calendar date is chosen and an email for the event is received). 

How has the communication been with Nader’s office with your appointment coming up in less than 3 weeks??

Communication has been a lot better!  They even let me switch to the following week in case I need a 2nd day procedure.   I gotta say the nervousness is finally setting in a bit.  This will be totally out of my comfort zone, but I’m not backing out now.

How’s your progress ?  You must be near the 4 month mark.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hairman1984 said:

Communication has been a lot better!  They even let me switch to the following week in case I need a 2nd day procedure.   I gotta say the nervousness is finally setting in a bit.  This will be totally out of my comfort zone, but I’m not backing out now.

How’s your progress ?  You must be near the 4 month mark.

Yeah. The 16th will be 4 months for me. 

I’ve been shaving my head with a 1.5mm guard since 30 days post op (Nader approved). So I can’t really tell what it’s going to look like yet. But I can definitely see growth. And it keeps increasing by the month. 

On 1/16, I’m going to stop cutting it at let it grow out. Figure it’s time to finally see what it looks like. I’ll post a 5 month update to show what 30 days for growth looks like 

• Like 1

Your donor looks awesome, basically untouched.  I had SMP as well and I think it has helped with the shadowing a bit with my HT.  It's been about 6.5 months since my procedure and it's starting to fill in very nicely.  Best of luck!

1 minute ago, ShantuR said:

Wow, looks great. Seems like the SMP minimized the effect of the ugly duckling phase. Nice ink as well 👍

You’re absolutely right. 

It eliminated my ugly duckling phase completely. Like I didn’t deal with it at all. After 30 days (which is when I was able to shave my head again with a guard), no one could tell anything had been done. 

And I just kept shaving my head with a 1.5-2mm guard. I’m going to start growing it out on 1/16 - which will be the 4 month mark. 

And thanks (about the ink)! Thats why I said nothing about the procedure hurt. The anesthesia was a breeze too. Because nothing compares to a 5 hour tattoo session on your stomach. 

19 hours ago, gtyler said:

You’re absolutely right. 

It eliminated my ugly duckling phase completely. Like I didn’t deal with it at all. After 30 days (which is when I was able to shave my head again with a guard), no one could tell anything had been done. 

And I just kept shaving my head with a 1.5-2mm guard. I’m going to start growing it out on 1/16 - which will be the 4 month mark. 

And thanks (about the ink)! Thats why I said nothing about the procedure hurt. The anesthesia was a breeze too. Because nothing compares to a 5 hour tattoo session on your stomach. 

That's amazing. I have SMP and my first transplant is 4 months from now and I'm planning on two. Not looking forward to dealing with the ugly duckling twice so the fact that you can buzz it after a month and basically avoid the ugly duckling is a gamechanger.