Anyone been to Dr Laorwong from Europe???

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone from Europe has had their transplant performed by Dr Laorwong in Bangkok? I live in London and am considering having my second/repair done by him, but am worried by the long haul flight. Also considering Dr Keser and Dr Mittal, but for value it seems Laorwong is up there with the best. My procedure will most likely only be about 1500 grafts max, so am thinking that maybe the flight and cost of flight may not be worth it for such a small procedure. Would like to hear your opinions.

Cheers!!

42 minutes ago, HairPerfect said:

I will be having my procedure with him in December.  From Los Angeles.

Oh nice. I'm just worried about the long flight home with my head still full of holes haha

How many grafts are you getting? And do you mind me asking what the cost will be?

5 hours ago, deane95 said:

Oh nice. I'm just worried about the long flight home with my head still full of holes haha

How many grafts are you getting? And do you mind me asking what the cost will be?

I did a 9hr flight back only 4 days after my surgery. Would recommend staying a few extra days or more and turn it into recovery holiday. (That’s if you can) Food, travel and accommodation are cheap. 

12 hours ago, deane95 said:

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone from Europe has had their transplant performed by Dr Laorwong in Bangkok? I live in London and am considering having my second/repair done by him, but am worried by the long haul flight. Also considering Dr Keser and Dr Mittal, but for value it seems Laorwong is up there with the best. My procedure will most likely only be about 1500 grafts max, so am thinking that maybe the flight and cost of flight may not be worth it for such a small procedure. Would like to hear your opinions.

Cheers!!

I am from your corner of the globe but based in Asia. I flew home on my holidays after 7 days and stopped off in Heathrow for the night before getting a connecting flight the next day. I would wait until 7 days also and take advantage of the aftercare with laser therapy. As mentioned make it a mini recovery holiday. Get yourself a bandana for during the day for out and about and just chill in the hotel room at night.

After 7 days, the grafts have anchored and you can start working the crusts out gently, so the plane journey will be much less precarious , just continue to use the neck pillow which won’t be out of place at all.

I flew to him from America and I believe the total travel time was about 26 hours with a layover in Seoul. Looking back on it, the only times I felt uncomfortable was going through customs and security because I had to take my headgear off. Other than that, the traveling was fine. I also made sure to book seats in the very last row of the planes so I wouldn't feel as self-conscious exposing my head and I even got the rows all to myself for all of my flights. I don't think the number of grafts should decide whether you should fly over to Bangkok or not. You'd be in good hands with Laorwong.

6 hours ago, Ake said:

I did a 9hr flight back only 4 days after my surgery. Would recommend staying a few extra days or more and turn it into recovery holiday. (That’s if you can) Food, travel and accommodation are cheap. 

Yeah I just found the flight time is about 12 hours, but it is direct so that's a plus. I plan on getting there a couple days early to explore a bit and like you said, stay there a few days after to recover.

5 hours ago, streethawk said:

I am from your corner of the globe but based in Asia. I flew home on my holidays after 7 days and stopped off in Heathrow for the night before getting a connecting flight the next day. I would wait until 7 days also and take advantage of the aftercare with laser therapy. As mentioned make it a mini recovery holiday. Get yourself a bandana for during the day for out and about and just chill in the hotel room at night.

After 7 days, the grafts have anchored and you can start working the crusts out gently, so the plane journey will be much less precarious , just continue to use the neck pillow which won’t be out of place at all.

I most likely will take advantage of all the aftercare he offers, and it does seem like it's amazing value compared to other surgeons. Am I right in thinking they provide you with a loose fitting bandana themselves?

4 hours ago, asterix0 said:

If he is the doctor that can give you the result you want, it is absolutely worth it. Don't risk it going for cheap somewhere, stay a week there at a nice hotel and relax. 

That's the plan :) Already looking at dates now with Dr Laorwong.

3 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I flew to him from America and I believe the total travel time was about 26 hours with a layover in Seoul. Looking back on it, the only times I felt uncomfortable was going through customs and security because I had to take my headgear off. Other than that, the traveling was fine. I also made sure to book seats in the very last row of the planes so I wouldn't feel as self-conscious exposing my head and I even got the rows all to myself for all of my flights. I don't think the number of grafts should decide whether you should fly over to Bangkok or not. You'd be in good hands with Laorwong.

Sounds like great advice for the plane seats. Will roughly be the same time for me also. 

21 hours ago, deane95 said:

Looking at 4000 grafts.  Will know more once there in person.  I am leaning towards two procedures.  Will defer to the doc.

10 hours ago, deane95 said:

Yeah I just found the flight time is about 12 hours, but it is direct so that's a plus. I plan on getting there a couple days early to explore a bit and like you said, stay there a few days after to recover.

I most likely will take advantage of all the aftercare he offers, and it does seem like it's amazing value compared to other surgeons. Am I right in thinking they provide you with a loose fitting bandana themselves?

That's the plan :) Already looking at dates now with Dr Laorwong.

Sounds like great advice for the plane seats. Will roughly be the same time for me also. 

Get a date close to Dec 12th.  We can share our transplant stories over beer 😉🍺

4 hours ago, HairPerfect said:

Looking at 4000 grafts.  Will know more once there in person.  I am leaning towards two procedures.  Will defer to the doc.

I've been told 1000 by him, but as you said, will be easier for him to tell once in person.

4 hours ago, HairPerfect said:

Get a date close to Dec 12th.  We can share our transplant stories over beer 😉🍺

Haha would love to, but i'm only able to do March/April, which I found out is one of the hottest months in Thailand, so I will be melting 😂

18 hours ago, deane95 said:

Am I right in thinking they provide you with a loose fitting bandana themselves

Yes they do provide a plain black bandana but it kind of sticks out a bit imo. I got a blue gangsta one for out and about. Was a bit of a laugh and nobody batted an eyelid 

9 hours ago, streethawk said:

Yes they do provide a plain black bandana but it kind of sticks out a bit imo. I got a blue gangsta one for out and about. Was a bit of a laugh and nobody batted an eyelid 

Lol. May have to buy one of those myself then