Finasteride and libido

Hairloss1

Yes, I experienced libido loss with Propecia pills in my 20's.

Today I'm 40 and using topical formula of 1% Finasteride mixed with 5% Minoxidil for 2 years without any issues.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

It varies on individual to individual. I tried it many years back and noticed a change in libido, semen quality within in a couple of days. I reduced the dosage to MWF and it was still the same. I even did Mon and Fri but no change. I did 1.5 years start to get depressive thoughts. Now I’m not sure if this was related to Finasteride or just personal cicumstances but it’s something that I’ve never experienced before. But the game changer for me as experiencing ball ache. It was a dull ache and made it difficult to sit down and it was there for at least a week. I gave up finasteride and things returned back to normal. I have however, jumped back on it and am doing 0.5mg (Mon-Friday) as opposed to 1mg and again i noted the same loss in libido (eg: doesn’t feel as hard as normally) i will just run through the rest of the course and make a call on whether i want to continue or not. But dont let this put you off in anyway, every individual is different and you might be one of the good responders. If taking it do it with consultation with your GP. The biggest thing is to not to go out looking for sides. Try and pop the pill if you do decide to take it and forget about it. Good luck! 

from reading past users experiences, and my own experience with fin, i think only a small percentage of men are truly side effect free on this drug. Of note when I was on fin for a year, apart from a few hours of ball ache the 3rd day of taking it, I never felt any side effects until I began having sex almost a year later when I realized that I had ED during the event, loss of semen volume, decrease force of ejaculation, and decreased orgasm. So I have a strong feeling that some men may think they are sexual side effect free, but they are not engaging in sexual intercourse on a regular basis to discover these side effects. 

I also think that these anti-dht drugs affect us differently as we age, as in my case, I think i am more sensitive to them as I have gotten older. 

the only good thing of notes is with fin, if you do have sides, the symptom reversal is weeks, not months like dut.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 12345 said:

from reading past users experiences, and my own experience with fin, i think only a small percentage of men are truly side effect free on this drug. Of note when I was on fin for a year, apart from a few hours of ball ache the 3rd day of taking it, I never felt any side effects until I began having sex almost a year later when I realized that I had ED during the event, loss of semen volume, decrease force of ejaculation, and decreased orgasm. So I have a strong feeling that some men may think they are sexual side effect free, but they are not engaging in sexual intercourse on a regular basis to discover these side effects. 

I also think that these anti-dht drugs affect us differently as we age, as in my case, I think i am more sensitive to them as I have gotten older. 

the only good thing of notes is with fin, if you do have sides, the symptom reversal is weeks, not months like dut.

That’s true. many people don’t even have sexual intercourse to see if they have side effects or not. If they try later to have sex they will see very decreased orgasms, watery sperm, and soft erections. And ’many people even get side effects with low dose of finasteride…

Edited by Belve

11 hours ago, 12345 said:

3 hours ago, Belve said:

That’s true. many people don’t even have sexual intercourse to see if they have side effects or not. If they try later to have sex they will see very decreased orgasms, watery sperm, and soft erections. And ’many people even get side effects with low dose of finasteride…

I agree with the statement that "only a small percentage of men are truly side effect free on this drug", but wouldn't the side effects be noticeable during masturbation even if you're not having sex? 

2 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I agree with the statement that "only a small percentage of men are truly side effect free on this drug", but wouldn't the side effects be noticeable during masturbation even if you're not having sex? 

i did not notice when masturbating at that age. Now about ten years older, I do find that it is harder to get an erection to masterbate when i take anti dht drugs. hence why i mentioned in think that our response to the drugs differs as we age and our natural hormone profiles change as well 

• Like 1