Dr. Das, Eugenix | 3,200 grafts | NW2 | 37 yrs old | Oct. 13th 2023

Hey all,

I finally sat down and took the time to do a write-up of my experience with Eugenix, my procedure was 2 weeks ago.

I learned about Eugenix through this forum, and at first was never going to travel to India (I’m from the US). I haven’t traveled abroad much, and traveling to the other side of the world seemed ridiculous. I’m glad that I listened to the other members on this forum and decided to make the journey.

Pre-Eugenix Situation

Not having any hair on your head is how it goes in my family. My father, two uncles, and both grandfathers are all bald. Knowing this I tried to be preemptive as possible and started on Finnestride when I was somewhere between 18-21, I’m 37 now. I believe this was the thing that saved me from being fully bald myself. I had one hair transplant at the age of 26, and I can’t remember all of the details, but I believe it was around 1800 graphs from a clinic in San Antonio. That first transplant was FUT, and it hurt like hell once the numbing wore off. Though the results were great, the scar line was very minimal, only able to see it at guard size 1.5 or lower.

This time around I want something more substantial, and something I could afford. So I started browsing this forum early this year, and that’s how I found out about Eugenix.

Pre-Arrival in India

I contacted Eugenix and got a reply within 24 hours, and we switched communication over to WhatsApp. 

Contrary to a lot of the people in this forum, I felt like the pre-communication with Eugenix was good, not outstanding. At times I could feel the language barrier, and I wish I had been given more details earlier in the process. I tend to be the kind of person who likes to know every detail of my trip so that I am confident of smooth travel. For example, I asked about the pickup procedure at the airport, and simply got a “Don’t worry they will be at the airport for you.” I didn’t know where to meet them, or if they had my arrival time correct.

Another thing I noticed was some paperwork they would have me fill out seemed to have grammatical errors or strange formatting, I got the same feeling I do when I see emails with “I am a prince from Sudan and have named you as my benefactor.” But yet I kept going, turns out I believe some of this is cultural, and how forms are expected to look in India.

Travel & Day of Arrival

I had never been to the Eastern Hemisphere and was very nervous. Getting off the plane I wasn’t sure what to expect, however, everyone was super helpful in getting me where I needed to go. I didn’t know where the pickup spot was, there were people with signs inside the airport and people with signs outside the airport. It was clear that if I left the airport, I could not come back in. I tried asking the security guard at the exit where I would be picked up, but he didn’t understand English. I ultimately left the airport and a gentleman overheard my destination hotel, addressed me by name, and finally saw the sign for the hotel he was holding.

Some people on here have discussed the driving to be very alarming, but maybe that prepped me, as I didn’t think it was much worse than most cities in the US, ha.

I stayed at the Doubletree in Gurugram, it was a nice hotel, breakfast and dinner were fantastic. Breakfast is included, and dinner is around $17 USD. Both are buffet style with Indian pancakes(?) and eggs made to order at breakfast and pasta at dinner. The food was amazing, A+ to the chefs. The hotel was nice enough, but not really a 4-star hotel in my eyes.

I arrived in India at 12:30 p.m. and was at the hotel by 2:30. Check-in wasn’t until 3:00 and my room was not ready until then. I got checked in and contacted Eugenix who stated they were sending a car to come get me. However, when I got to the lobby at 5:00, there was no car. I asked Valet to look out for it but then some miscommunication happened or something, and I got shuffled around, I was pretty confused. Finally, one of the valet guys got involved and got a car for me. The pickup car is normally a Mercedez, in okay shape.

The evening of arrival was my preplanning, they briefed me on the process and took my vitals. My BP was decently high, I was super nervous at this point. Then I got to meet Dr. Das for the first time, and she was fantastic. With my first HT pre-planning took all of 10 minutes, but not here. We discussed my goals and expectations, and my ideal hairline. I had photos of a celeb that I liked his hairline. She then drew it up on my head and took photos. These photos were then put on a screen so I could see them myself and discuss them further. I made some small tweets to the temple points and then agreed to it. We also discussed my crown which is fairly thin, and putting a few graphs in my old FUT scarline.

We landed on 3000 graphs for the head and would evaluate the scar line after the hair around it has been trimmed. The process lasted around 1.5-2 hours and was glad I was involved to such a great degree.

Procedure Day 1

This day's pickup was much easier, pickup time was 9:30. Even though pickup was 9:30 we didn’t really get started until about 11:30. My blood pressure was still a bit high, and therefore Dr. Das had to slow down on the slits a bit because of too much “ooze” (blood). We had lunch at 3:00 p.m. (so eat a big breakfast!). We wrapped up the first day at around 7:00 p.m. The first day consisted of the slits and part of the hairline. We only got through 781 graphs on the first day. The first night I was able to sleep on my back though I tried to not have the back touch and spray saline every hour that I was awake.

Procedure Day 2

I thought day 2 was going to go faster, but I was wrong. Pickup was at 9:00 a.m. and we started right when I got there, on the table by 9:30. This was a very long day for me. At one point they kept saying to tuck my chin lower (this happened a lot). In this instance, I simply could not lower my chin and was starting to feel “off” and light-headed. They had me sit up and Dr. Das came in, and they got me some water, everyone was so professional. After about 10 minutes I was feeling better and we were off again. 

Once again lunch was late (3:00 p.m.) and should have had a larger breakfast, but was embarrassed by my bright blue surgical cap, that I rushed it, what a mistake. The crown, hairline, and temples were done by 5:00 p.m. and then we went into the scarline. For these hairs, Dr. Das recommended beard hair, the numbing of this area hurt like hell. Another 125 beard graphs were put into the scarline. Finally, by 7:00 p.m. we were finished, I was cleaned up and the final shots were taken. 

That night and for the first 7 nights wasn’t fun. I had graphs put in on the sides, front, top, and back of the head, so I couldn’t sleep on any of these areas. I had to sleep in a chair with my chin resting on my hands, impossible to sleep.

A few other comments

All of the staff are wonderful, at first glance they all seem really young. Some are young but still have quite a bit of experience. One of the senior techs I spoke with was 27 and had been working for Eugenix for 7 years, another who was not a senior tech was 24 and had been working with Eugenix for 4 years. The staff really made my experience grand. Dr. Das was fantastic and we joked throughout the procedure, yet she was professional and caring the whole time. Sudhir was amazing at his profession and gave a hell of a back massage, he even would try to distract me through the painful numbing process. Shilta was an amazing nurse and was very attentive about how I was feeling and if anything hurt.

Dr. Somesh and I chatted a few times, and he is a wonderful person and really engaging in conversation. I really value the conversation and time I was able to spend with him. I would trust him fully with my procedure as well.

They were really pushy about me leaving a Google review, and I am in Marketing as a profession and understand it is important. But asking the client to review them in your presence isn’t something I am fond of. Let me review in my own time, and after I have seen the results for myself. The post-care team was probably my least favorite team to engage with, not only because of this pushiness but because they lacked some of the personal touch I received from other teams.

I was very nervous when I arrived, but by day two of the procedure, I realized I had nothing to be nervous about, as this clinic is wonderful. I would go back in an instant.

7-day mark

The return trip went fine, and the first 7 days were uneventful. I’m glad to be home, the first head wash didn’t remove all of the scabs, but have washed my head every day since and it looks fantastic. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

food.jpg

graphs.jpeg

process.jpg

pre1.jpg

pre2.jpg

pre3.jpg

plan1.jpg

plan2.jpg

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

after4.jpg

after5.jpg

day71.jpg

day72.jpg

day73.jpg

Edited by PleasantlySurprised54
Added date of procedure
  • Like 1

• PleasantlySurprised54 changed the title to Dr. Das, Eugenix | 3,200 grafts | NW2 | 37 yrs old | Oct. 13th 2023

Wow!! I had my second HT with Dr Das on the 14th October, so on your second day, I would have been the other patient Dr Das was in charge of ( which now explains a lot of things about my experience ). I was scheduled for a 2 days surgery on 14th & 15th but even before when I was on plane out from UK I knew I had to think more long term and wanted a smaller procedure than previously discussed with Eugenix, so we managed a lower graft count all in one day.

PS my BP after my arrival on 13th was apparently perfectly normal (slightly even on lower side) but on the morning itself it was high! But it eventually dropped after they gave me some anti anxiety meds to calm me down :)

Any congratulations on your transplant, it looks good!  

13 hours ago, PleasantlySurprised54 said:

Hey all,

I finally sat down and took the time to do a write-up of my experience with Eugenix, my procedure was 2 weeks ago.

I learned about Eugenix through this forum, and at first was never going to travel to India (I’m from the US). I haven’t traveled abroad much, and traveling to the other side of the world seemed ridiculous. I’m glad that I listened to the other members on this forum and decided to make the journey.

Pre-Eugenix Situation

Not having any hair on your head is how it goes in my family. My father, two uncles, and both grandfathers are all bald. Knowing this I tried to be preemptive as possible and started on Finnestride when I was somewhere between 18-21, I’m 37 now. I believe this was the thing that saved me from being fully bald myself. I had one hair transplant at the age of 26, and I can’t remember all of the details, but I believe it was around 1800 graphs from a clinic in San Antonio. That first transplant was FUT, and it hurt like hell once the numbing wore off. Though the results were great, the scar line was very minimal, only able to see it at guard size 1.5 or lower.

This time around I want something more substantial, and something I could afford. So I started browsing this forum early this year, and that’s how I found out about Eugenix.

Pre-Arrival in India

I contacted Eugenix and got a reply within 24 hours, and we switched communication over to WhatsApp. 

Contrary to a lot of the people in this forum, I felt like the pre-communication with Eugenix was good, not outstanding. At times I could feel the language barrier, and I wish I had been given more details earlier in the process. I tend to be the kind of person who likes to know every detail of my trip so that I am confident of smooth travel. For example, I asked about the pickup procedure at the airport, and simply got a “Don’t worry they will be at the airport for you.” I didn’t know where to meet them, or if they had my arrival time correct.

Another thing I noticed was some paperwork they would have me fill out seemed to have grammatical errors or strange formatting, I got the same feeling I do when I see emails with “I am a prince from Sudan and have named you as my benefactor.” But yet I kept going, turns out I believe some of this is cultural, and how forms are expected to look in India.

Travel & Day of Arrival

I had never been to the Eastern Hemisphere and was very nervous. Getting off the plane I wasn’t sure what to expect, however, everyone was super helpful in getting me where I needed to go. I didn’t know where the pickup spot was, there were people with signs inside the airport and people with signs outside the airport. It was clear that if I left the airport, I could not come back in. I tried asking the security guard at the exit where I would be picked up, but he didn’t understand English. I ultimately left the airport and a gentleman overheard my destination hotel, addressed me by name, and finally saw the sign for the hotel he was holding.

Some people on here have discussed the driving to be very alarming, but maybe that prepped me, as I didn’t think it was much worse than most cities in the US, ha.

I stayed at the Doubletree in Gurugram, it was a nice hotel, breakfast and dinner were fantastic. Breakfast is included, and dinner is around $17 USD. Both are buffet style with Indian pancakes(?) and eggs made to order at breakfast and pasta at dinner. The food was amazing, A+ to the chefs. The hotel was nice enough, but not really a 4-star hotel in my eyes.

I arrived in India at 12:30 p.m. and was at the hotel by 2:30. Check-in wasn’t until 3:00 and my room was not ready until then. I got checked in and contacted Eugenix who stated they were sending a car to come get me. However, when I got to the lobby at 5:00, there was no car. I asked Valet to look out for it but then some miscommunication happened or something, and I got shuffled around, I was pretty confused. Finally, one of the valet guys got involved and got a car for me. The pickup car is normally a Mercedez, in okay shape.

The evening of arrival was my preplanning, they briefed me on the process and took my vitals. My BP was decently high, I was super nervous at this point. Then I got to meet Dr. Das for the first time, and she was fantastic. With my first HT pre-planning took all of 10 minutes, but not here. We discussed my goals and expectations, and my ideal hairline. I had photos of a celeb that I liked his hairline. She then drew it up on my head and took photos. These photos were then put on a screen so I could see them myself and discuss them further. I made some small tweets to the temple points and then agreed to it. We also discussed my crown which is fairly thin, and putting a few graphs in my old FUT scarline.

We landed on 3000 graphs for the head and would evaluate the scar line after the hair around it has been trimmed. The process lasted around 1.5-2 hours and was glad I was involved to such a great degree.

Procedure Day 1

This day's pickup was much easier, pickup time was 9:30. Even though pickup was 9:30 we didn’t really get started until about 11:30. My blood pressure was still a bit high, and therefore Dr. Das had to slow down on the slits a bit because of too much “ooze” (blood). We had lunch at 3:00 p.m. (so eat a big breakfast!). We wrapped up the first day at around 7:00 p.m. The first day consisted of the slits and part of the hairline. We only got through 781 graphs on the first day. The first night I was able to sleep on my back though I tried to not have the back touch and spray saline every hour that I was awake.

Procedure Day 2

I thought day 2 was going to go faster, but I was wrong. Pickup was at 9:00 a.m. and we started right when I got there, on the table by 9:30. This was a very long day for me. At one point they kept saying to tuck my chin lower (this happened a lot). In this instance, I simply could not lower my chin and was starting to feel “off” and light-headed. They had me sit up and Dr. Das came in, and they got me some water, everyone was so professional. After about 10 minutes I was feeling better and we were off again. 

Once again lunch was late (3:00 p.m.) and should have had a larger breakfast, but was embarrassed by my bright blue surgical cap, that I rushed it, what a mistake. The crown, hairline, and temples were done by 5:00 p.m. and then we went into the scarline. For these hairs, Dr. Das recommended beard hair, the numbing of this area hurt like hell. Another 125 beard graphs were put into the scarline. Finally, by 7:00 p.m. we were finished, I was cleaned up and the final shots were taken. 

That night and for the first 7 nights wasn’t fun. I had graphs put in on the sides, front, top, and back of the head, so I couldn’t sleep on any of these areas. I had to sleep in a chair with my chin resting on my hands, impossible to sleep.

A few other comments

All of the staff are wonderful, at first glance they all seem really young. Some are young but still have quite a bit of experience. One of the senior techs I spoke with was 27 and had been working for Eugenix for 7 years, another who was not a senior tech was 24 and had been working with Eugenix for 4 years. The staff really made my experience grand. Dr. Das was fantastic and we joked throughout the procedure, yet she was professional and caring the whole time. Sudhir was amazing at his profession and gave a hell of a back massage, he even would try to distract me through the painful numbing process. Shilta was an amazing nurse and was very attentive about how I was feeling and if anything hurt.

Dr. Somesh and I chatted a few times, and he is a wonderful person and really engaging in conversation. I really value the conversation and time I was able to spend with him. I would trust him fully with my procedure as well.

They were really pushy about me leaving a Google review, and I am in Marketing as a profession and understand it is important. But asking the client to review them in your presence isn’t something I am fond of. Let me review in my own time, and after I have seen the results for myself. The post-care team was probably my least favorite team to engage with, not only because of this pushiness but because they lacked some of the personal touch I received from other teams.

I was very nervous when I arrived, but by day two of the procedure, I realized I had nothing to be nervous about, as this clinic is wonderful. I would go back in an instant.

7-day mark

The return trip went fine, and the first 7 days were uneventful. I’m glad to be home, the first head wash didn’t remove all of the scabs, but have washed my head every day since and it looks fantastic. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

food.jpg

graphs.jpeg

process.jpg

pre1.jpg

pre2.jpg

pre3.jpg

plan1.jpg

plan2.jpg

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

after4.jpg

after5.jpg

day71.jpg

day72.jpg

day73.jpg

Clean work, good density was given for the frontal part. How many grafts were used for the crown ?

Just now, Shadman said:

Clean work, good density was given for the frontal part. How many grafts were used for the crown ?

I believe it was 400 graphs on the crown. Dr. Das said that fully filling it in would take around 1000, but I was more concerned with over-harvesting. I have seen some lighter-haired people being left too thin in the back, I didn't want that to be me.

3 minutes ago, PleasantlySurprised54 said:

I believe it was 400 graphs on the crown. Dr. Das said that fully filling it in would take around 1000, but I was more concerned with over-harvesting. I have seen some lighter-haired people being left too thin in the back, I didn't want that to be me.

Good approach I would say. You can always have an another procedure  in the future, if you ever feel that you want some more density.

On 10/27/2023 at 4:37 PM, PleasantlySurprised54 said:

Thanks @urbanite88!

I hope your procedure went well too. Tell me more about this, "which now explains a lot of things about my experience." Was there complications, or issues?

Oh no not complications. Just that I was thought my procedure was meant to start at 11am but it didn't start until about 2.30pm with me twiddling my thumps for a while and getting tense haha also I wanted to spend some time with Dr Das the day before, which i asked for months in advance but the support guys insisted any planning session would need to be on the day and they will not rush me ( which was a concern from other reviews) I did see her very briefly the day before for about 30 seconds in passing at the reception ! My first HT was in a 1 doctor 1 patient setup so the differences became quite apparent while I was there even though I knew this going in to be fair. 

Anyhow Dr Das is a great lady who really made me feel at ease on the day when things started getting going :)

I saw your note about the google review thing, yeah I felt a little awkward about that two, because they asked about it twice! A bit pushy/salesy from that side but think they were all well intentioned !  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, maintaining said:

@PleasantlySurprised54  hello!  any updates?

Hey, yeah, no one messaged after my last posting so I stopped updating this. Things are going great, my hair looks fantastic at almost 6 months! Here are some photos:IMG_0803.thumb.JPG.3436c8ef3e27bd3a311a2e996a223bf1.JPGIMG_0807.thumb.JPG.492d1aa0610481c6a232f4e34a646676.JPGIMG_0801.thumb.JPG.95dc35e174bf26a9f80221b6609eb1a1.JPGIMG_0802.thumb.JPG.c5d2d0ebf5dd14264d57da3716b9b423.JPGIMG_0805.thumb.JPG.e7423a543c4f751fbcdd3293e7fdda06.JPG

3 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

This clinic really needs to stop calling such cases "Norwood 2". It is unethical. 

Norwood scale is based on loss in the temples and the crown, it is not an indicator or overall loss. My original situation was 100% a Norwood 2. You went in and expected a miracle, I read through your situation well before I went to see them. You are jaded, you wanted an unrealistic result with the lack of hair you started with. Please don't bring that into my thread.

• Like 2

The results looks good for six months, another six months left so plenty of growth and thickness under your way.

Have you used any products on your hair (Not Hair- Fibers)? I mean wax or sea salt spray?

Please keep updating!

Very nice result so far! Huge improvement on your before pictures. Also no detection of the previous FUT surgery on the back of your scalp on your recent update. 

On 10/26/2023 at 8:50 PM, PleasantlySurprised54 said:

Did you just stay in India for 2 nights and travel back? Or did you stay there for 7 nights? 

On 3/30/2024 at 6:49 AM, Rawkerboi said:

The results looks good for six months, another six months left so plenty of growth and thickness under your way.

Have you used any products on your hair (Not Hair- Fibers)? I mean wax or sea salt spray?

Please keep updating!

I only use a leave in conditioner and hair fibers, I have not used wax or sea salt spray, I'll look into these!

13 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Very nice result so far! Huge improvement on your before pictures. Also no detection of the previous FUT surgery on the back of your scalp on your recent update. 

I recently cut the hair down to a 2.5 guard on the back and the hair was noticablly thicker around the scar because they didn't take hairs from around it. Now that it has grown out for 2 weeks you cannot tell a difference. I'll keep cutting it at a 4 guard and it should be good!

2 minutes ago, sekiro109 said:

Did you just stay in India for 2 nights and travel back? Or did you stay there for 7 nights? 

I stayed in India for 4 nights, I arrived on Thursday and was gone on Monday. I took care of all of the post treatment procedures myself, they were not difficult. The most difficult thing was trying to sleep the first 7 nights as I couldn't sleep on the front, sides or back of my head. Ha!

5 minutes ago, PleasantlySurprised54 said:

I stayed in India for 4 nights, I arrived on Thursday and was gone on Monday. I took care of all of the post treatment procedures myself, they were not difficult. The most difficult thing was trying to sleep the first 7 nights as I couldn't sleep on the front, sides or back of my head. Ha!

thanks for the reply! planning a procedure myself with Eugenix, but just debating how many nights to stay after. What would you say minimum number of nights I should stay? 

Just now, sekiro109 said:

thanks for the reply! planning a procedure myself with Eugenix, but just debating how many nights to stay after. What would you say minimum number of nights I should stay? 

Honestly I wish I stayed longer, I wanted to get home quickly. In hindsight, I could have traveled with a normal hat on, they would have done my daily cleanings, and would have shampooed my head the first time. For $90/night, the hotel was cheap, the breakfast was wonderful.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Great result so far at 6 months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:17 PM, PleasantlySurprised54 said:

Honestly I wish I stayed longer, I wanted to get home quickly. In hindsight, I could have traveled with a normal hat on, they would have done my daily cleanings, and would have shampooed my head the first time. For $90/night, the hotel was cheap, the breakfast was wonderful.

Ya I'm kinda in the mind set right now that I want to get home early after my surgery, but I don't know how many nights to stay. I don't plan on traveling outside or anything so I'm going to be holed up in the hotel anyway. I'm looking at maybe spending 2 - 3 nights? Then flying off. I live in North America so it will be a long flight. Did you have to spray saline on the grafts every hour while you were on the plane?

22 hours ago, sekiro109 said:

Ya I'm kinda in the mind set right now that I want to get home early after my surgery, but I don't know how many nights to stay. I don't plan on traveling outside or anything so I'm going to be holed up in the hotel anyway. I'm looking at maybe spending 2 - 3 nights? Then flying off. I live in North America so it will be a long flight. Did you have to spray saline on the grafts every hour while you were on the plane?

Try to extend your stay to at-least one or two days. I think five days is pretty much perfect to recover from HT. Your grafts are also bit more secured by that time.

You need to spray saline on your HT grafts every hour, clinic will provide you with the saline bottle. Just go to the washroom and spray it.