3rd FUT coming up

Hi all, i have my 3rd FUT HT coming up with Dr Sever. Wanted to ask and hear from patients who have 3 or more FUTs if all the experiences were the same as previous ones? For me the recovery was a breeze on the 1st didn’t really have any issues. The 2nd was a little discomforting airy d the scar for the first month. Just keen to hear other peoples experiences after having 3 or more FUTs. Would you guys do anything different?

• Administrators

Let me tag @BRITA-XL and @gillenator

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

UKLad81…Just FYI, I had 4 separate FUHT procedures for a grand total of approximately 6900 grafts…I was least satisfied with my second procedure which was more related to the skill of the doctor and his staff…his name is Dr. Bradley Kurgis in California and worked for the former Medical Hair Restoration….I was happy with the other 3 procedures.

Be sure you employ scalp stretching exercises to ensure that you have an adequate amount of laxity for the size of the strip that will be excised…this is extremely important as you do not want to end up with a wide strip scar…be sure to discuss this with your surgeon in your consultation…they had to use staples on my fourth and final FUHT procedure…this was to help keep the scar thin and it worked well except that the staples were a nightmare to remove.

Wishing you well my friend!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 10/25/2023 at 2:08 PM, gillenator said:

UKLad81…Just FYI, I had 4 separate FUHT procedures for a grand total of approximately 6900 grafts…I was least satisfied with my second procedure which was more related to the skill of the doctor and his staff…his name is Dr. Bradley Kurgis in California and worked for the former Medical Hair Restoration….I was happy with the other 3 procedures.

Be sure you employ scalp stretching exercises to ensure that you have an adequate amount of laxity for the size of the strip that will be excised…this is extremely important as you do not want to end up with a wide strip scar…be sure to discuss this with your surgeon in your consultation…they had to use staples on my fourth and final FUHT procedure…this was to help keep the scar thin and it worked well except that the staples were a nightmare to remove.

Wishing you well my friend!

Thank you @gillenator thats much appreciated. I am doing the exercises as best as i can. At least 15-20 mins a day in short sessions. What i am finding is at the end of the day the scar is almost burning / irritated. Just worried that I’m stretching the existing scar. But will continue on. As it was a relatively quick booking i have only about 7 weeks left till surgery but will try and do as much as i can. In terms of post HT would you say there was any difference in pain / recovery post the procedure? The staples was this the first time you had them and how were they for you. For me this would be the first with staples both previous ones were with sutures. 

I’m posting my pictures again here but would be keen to know in your opinions where the 2500 grafts which Dr Sever will be taking in the next HT should be placing in the scalp. eg: 1000 front and midscalp and the rest in the crown (just an example). 

IMG_2540.png

On 10/29/2023 at 6:33 PM, JoeD said:

If the scar stretched in this scenario, would it even be a problem if the original scar is about to be cut out?

That’s a fair point I didn’t think of that. Thank you matey. 

@UKLad81,

I personally had for Hair, Transplant, Procedures, and in my opinion, they are or very similar. For the most part, your experience should be the same especially if you choose the same surgeon.  Obviously, each hair procedure comes with his own set of potential risks and since you are undergoing, FUT, there is always that potential risk of scar stretching. However, as long as you follow your doctors postoperative instructions, like I said, everything should be fairly similar, and each hair transplant should just add density and fullness to the previous one.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

UK, the burning sensation are the nerves in the scar..how long ago was your last procedure?

I did not notice much difference with post-op pain and yes staples were only used on my last FUHT procedure because my laxity was a tad bit tight.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY