Dutatseride Sides

Rossybop

Hi guys. Been on dutasteride about 3 months and it's halted my hair loss for sure. Perhaps thickened the hair too. But the sides are stronger than fin. My libido is very low and errctions much weaker. Ejacaltion is weaker too.

Consequently I'm thinking of coming off it, and literally stopping it today so that I can recover my normal libidinal functions again.

Anyone know how long it takes for the sides to go away? Also will my hair loss be mega aggressive again? What's the best way of dealing with this problem?

1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

Hi guys. Been on dutasteride about 3 months and it's halted my hair loss for sure. Perhaps thickened the hair too. But the sides are stronger than fin. My libido is very low and errctions much weaker. Ejacaltion is weaker too.

Consequently I'm thinking of coming off it, and literally stopping it today so that I can recover my normal libidinal functions again.

Anyone know how long it takes for the sides to go away? Also will my hair loss be mega aggressive again? What's the best way of dealing with this problem?

are you taking it daily? maybe if you lower the dose it may lessen some of the sides you are facing? 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
54 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I've been taken it 5 days a week, sometimes 6 days a week.

Why best to come off it slowly?

If lowering the dose helps retain hair and retain libidinal function then that would be a win win and I'd love that.

Try going every other day, or even 0.5mg every other day. You might find a sweet spot between stabilising your hair loss and no/minimum sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Try going every other day, or even 0.5mg every other day. You might find a sweet spot between stabilising your hair loss and no/minimum sides.

That would be most ideal mate. Do we know dut to work well in this fashion?

11 hours ago, Rossybop said:

I've been taken it 5 days a week, sometimes 6 days a week.

Why best to come off it slowly?

If lowering the dose helps retain hair and retain libidinal function then that would be a win win and I'd love that.

I’m taking it MWF currently 

Guys I've been looking into the sides and talking to people on Reddit and there is so much content out there to suggest that the sides can become totally irreversible on these meds so I now really feel like coming off them altogether tbh.