Absolute Hair Clinic | Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong | FUE 4128 | 45M | NW6 | October 2023

rja

2 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

i've got the same in mine although i'm only at 2 months. i'm thinking those long hairs are the ones that just didn't shed, and wont. theres no density because the vast majority of hairs do shed then only start regrowing 3+ months later. looks that way for every other thread i've seen, so i don't think we need to worry any time soon

Thanks, mate! Reading what you just said here gives me more confidence things are going to turn out alright :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

You can see your donor slowly bouncing back even at only 8 weeks. Wishing you all the best @rja 👌

Thanks, Adrian!

I'm planning to cut my hair short (except the top of course :)) sometime this week to get a better view of how my donor is healing, but I agree, it does look like it's bouncing back 🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, rja said:

Thanks mate. I'm starting to feel like something might be wrong when I see such long strands of hair but almost no density, so I really hope you're right 🤞

You’re not supposed to have density at 3 months. You should start to see things begin to kick off in the next few weeks. 

You’re also perfectly fine to trim those really long outliers down to the same length as the rest of your hair so that you don’t have random long hairs all over the place. 

On 1/16/2024 at 8:16 PM, Berba11 said:

You’re not supposed to have density at 3 months. You should start to see things begin to kick off in the next few weeks. 

I know. I was trying to say that I was worried something might have been wrong since I saw some hairs not shedding and growing longer but not any new hairs popping out. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect exactly, but I'm very much encouraged by all the replies I've read so far! Thanks for all the reassurance!

Edited by rja

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Adriam said:

hey man any update on your hair? how is it? i have a similar donor and i am also thinking about going with laorwong!? let me know please!

hey man. I'm waiting another 10 days to post my 4-month update (at the 4-month mark ;)), but I don't see a lot of change. I guess I'm also seeing myself in the mirror every day so I'm probably not a good person to judge either hehehe

39 minutes ago, rja said:

hey man. I'm waiting another 10 days to post my 4-month update (at the 4-month mark ;)), but I don't see a lot of change. I guess I'm also seeing myself in the mirror every day so I'm probably not a good person to judge either hehehe

ah okay still early! hows your donor still the same? congrats and happy growing

2 minutes ago, Adriam said:

ah okay still early! hows your donor still the same? congrats and happy growing

lots of scars btw? im planning to go to laorwong and get a short hair style, buzz the sides / fade. maybe smp later on.

2 minutes ago, Adriam said:

lots of scars btw? im planning to go to laorwong and get a short hair style, buzz the sides / fade. maybe smp later on.

not sure about the scars. when i grow my hair a little i can certainly see a difference in density from where follicles where taken compared to where they weren't touched, but that's to be expected.

I intend to grow my hair long, chin-length or more, so i'm less worried about scars, personally, if there are/will be any.

7 minutes ago, rja said:

not sure about the scars. when i grow my hair a little i can certainly see a difference in density from where follicles where taken compared to where they weren't touched, but that's to be expected.

I intend to grow my hair long, chin-length or more, so i'm less worried about scars, personally, if there are/will be any.

okay makes sense! honestly nowadays SMP can fix pretty much most scars which is awesome i plan to get it done when i pull the trigger!

8 minutes ago, Adriam said:

okay makes sense! honestly nowadays SMP can fix pretty much most scars which is awesome i plan to get it done when i pull the trigger!

wishing you all the best, mate!

• Valued Contributor

When undergoing a hair transplant, it's important to be aware of the different stages involved. Initially, there's a phase where most of the transplanted hairs will naturally shed, typically occurring within the first 3 months after the procedure. Following this shedding phase, the growth phase begins, during which you'll gradually notice new hairs sprouting. But sometimes the shed is also not even and it varies from person to person.

Throughout the growth phase, it's important to understand that there will be fluctuations in the rate of hair growth. It's possible that one side of your head may exhibit more rapid growth while the other lags behind. At certain points, you might even observe that the hair has grown, but the density remains lower than desired.There will be certain months where you will get more growth and you will not see any noticeable growth the following month.There will be some spots where there will be no growth which may create a patchy appearance.

During the post-transplantation phase, it's common to experience patchiness at the donor site due to shock loss. Similarly, shock loss can also affect the transplanted zone, leading to further hair loss and concerns about the outcome. This may cause native hairs to fall out, giving the impression that the situation is worse than before the surgery. Additionally, issues like pimples, numbness, and redness may persist longer than expected, but these are all part and parcel of the surgery.

However, it's crucial to maintain patience and trust the process. After approximately 12 months, everything should come together harmoniously, resulting in a well-blended and natural-looking head of hair so this is a long journey my friend and patience is the key.

I hope this helps you to calm your nerves now and then...Best of luck..Happy growing and keep updating brother...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Here's my 4-month update - pictures taken this morning, a day after the 4 "month-versary". I haven't trimmed my donor hair since the last photos, but I intend to do it sometime today or tomorrow. I will not touch my transplanted hair under any circumstances :)

In all honesty, I do not see much difference between months 3 and 4. I have a feeling the hairs are getting slightly thicker, but I don't see new hairs for now - at least nothing that I could pick up on. It might all be my imagination or the fact that I see myself all the time - who knows...

I continue to take a daily 5mg oral min. Will discuss with Dr Laorwong when I see him if I should continue with this dosage or drop it down to 2.5mg.

Note: I'm aware my photos are not consistent, at least in terms of lighting. Melbourne weather doesn't corroborate at all and I live in a small apartment without a lot of natural light. Sorry about that.

Top view:

IMG_3100.thumb.jpeg.82a1926a595aecf1602dfb9272ee8ade.jpeg

Back view:

IMG_3099.thumb.jpeg.894e65b350dc3886f1e8a925c4819066.jpeg

Left side:

IMG_3098.thumb.jpeg.7cb17be5214416bb6d536200a093fe67.jpeg

Right side:

IMG_3096.thumb.jpeg.6ed4ae0dea78232eccc07ea6d55aacc1.jpeg

Frontal-top view:

IMG_3095.thumb.jpeg.4e6c67a9b014bb87d30987413805b13f.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Excited to see what the next months gonna bring :)

I have my second surgery (crown + mid) scheduled for the beginning of April, hopefully, by then, progress will be even more noticeable!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,

Below is my 5-months progress update.

Not much improvement from the previous month.
I have ended up not cutting my hair after all and will probably leave it like this until my next procedure at this stage.

For the pictures below I've combed my hair to try and get a better degree of detail for density, however, I do not notice any visible improvement in density.
I know I still have a long time to go, but not seeing any noticeable improvements keeps me worried.

6.thumb.jpg.903d91eb96430a263f4593765af89e19.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.9e55a40fa8e6c9c4a599e06aabaa48ec.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.e30c122cc36d819f0d8f60f3e76485bc.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.66c5e5478f6381befb2b72bae1bf6a09.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.9b396a177fcf8d95dc98c88bae7c3ecb.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.3b7911fc11091ed69ef02804c0908ac9.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
On 3/15/2024 at 12:59 PM, Kixinit said:

Hmm, 5 months would've hoped for some more density.

All the best for the months ahead

What? At 5 months?

OP this is looking right on course as far as I can tell and you’ve gotten yourself a pretty dramatic improvement from where you started (never lose sight of that!). 

You’ve come through the first big growth phase in great shape and you will hopefully notice another round of larger improvement between roughly month 8 & 10. 

• Like 2