1,412 FUE with Dr. Steven Gabel (Fourth HT, first FUE)

OtherSyde

Dam what a journey after four transplant from FUT to finally FUE, you have come long way man!

Your results are simply natural and amazing, please do keep us updated after 6 months.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You're hilarious writing skills make my day!  You're the 'ab etching' guy, right?  You are like the terminator T-1000 in Terminator 2.

🤙

Edited by jjsrader

• Administrators
10 hours ago, OtherSyde said:

Also, I was looking at my phone just now and remembered that I was brushing my hair last weekend (roughly the 6-month mark) after my late-morning shower and was so astonished at how thick it felt, so I snapped a few quick random impromptu pics:

6-Months-Crown.thumb.jpg.a593b787fbd89e63d5ba538b35683ebb.jpg

[The crown bald spot has shrunk substantially from before, and isn't even "bald" anymore so much as just kind of thin - and even that is somewhat mitigated by my scalp being a little grey from some older SMP I had done awhile back; I doubt anyone would even peg it as a "bald spot" anymore, which brings me endless joy. Old incision scar is basically obliterated at this point as well.]

6-Months-Top1.thumb.jpg.266bac6f3b0c1dac11ee022d1878a68c.jpg

[Here's my midscalp, at like noon under the bathroom vanity lights on a VERY bright, sunny Saturday, and I can't really pick out any visible scalp!]

6-Months-Top2.jpg.375f14c5c0352c6b0177ee689b35494e.jpg

[After looking at the previous pic on my phone, I decided to try my luck and aggressively brush all my hair straight forward/down because that doesn't allow for any clever cross-hatching or comb-over action to hide thinness, thus exposing maximum scalp, especially under bright lights - and I still can't really pick out any scalp showing! It's so bushy and thick now, it's almost hard to brush sometimes and it makes me so irrationally happy like a child! 😝]

So yeah, that's 6 months! At this point it might thicken up a little more - but to be honest, beyond my crown maybe possibly thickening up just a little more (and that's not even a necessity at this point), I couldn't really even ask for more! Another win for Dr. Gabel, eternally grateful for his skills and everything I learned from this community!

Dr. Gabel is one of the best in the business no doubt about that!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Quick update at roughly the 7-month mark (or more accurately around a week shy to 7 months, since I did this on October 17, 2023)

7-Months-Left.thumb.jpg.8b424bfb154d55fa786963dcc7741028.jpg

Left side, bright daylight/bathroom vanity lights

7-Months-Right.thumb.jpg.2e6cd849a0c3b79b393ef2222e5c6c96.jpg

Right side, bright daylight/bathroom vanity lights

7-Months-Scar-Rear.thumb.jpg.4284ac43f6ad954e3d34ed9d7b4829eb.jpg

I've cut my side/rear hair to a very short #2 guard (about 6mm in length) - so short you can see my scalp through most of my normal hair, but the scar still remains nearly invisible unless you know what you're looking for.

7-Months-Scar-Top.thumb.jpg.40296bcf065e65709a6e9e5e1e24ff27.jpg

At this point, even in the brightest daylight and under vanity lights, the only thing that really marks out where the scar used to be is the smoky-grey strip of old SMP that still lingers, and even that is subtle - and effectively invisible under normal indoor lighting.

7-Months-Crown.thumb.jpg.8029fbcd0451f231392ec5f021eda8d0.jpg

Crown looking awesome! Barely even a thin spot at this point!

7-Months-Midscalp.thumb.jpg.08b8c67682e23f952c4c0be8cc1161f3.jpg

Mid-scalp continues to thicken, and crown looks great!

Overall it continues to improve incrementally and I continue to love the results! Recently I've been most thrilled with the vanishing of my crown bald spot over the last two months or so. I'll probably drop one or two more updates if I see significant progress.

Edited by OtherSyde
  • Like 1

• Administrators

You beat the game, you look a lot like Brandon Mcmillan, a dog trainer with a show. Except with better hair 

image.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.