Dr. Laorwong | FUE 2500 grafts | 30M | September 2023

Coffee_bean

Howdy all, after nearly a year of deliberation and research, I booked with Dr. Laorwong in Bangkok, Thailand July 2023 for September 2023. I spoke with multiple doctors, and heavily considered several. Ultimately, it came down to Dr. Pekiner, Dr. Freitas and Dr. Laorwong. 

What I loved about Dr. Laorwong is how responsive he was to all of my questions (most of them quite dumb) and the incredible value he provides. His results over the years, and especially as of late were impressive to me. 

I’m a fine hair, blonde, diffuse thinner and he initially suggested 3500 grafts. However, after taking 1mg Finasteride / day and topical minoxidil foam once a day for 5 months my balding completely stopped and I saw regrowth. So, in person he ended up suggesting just 2500 grafts for the density and results I hoped to achieve. 

I feel most of the “Bangkok / Absolute Hair experience” has been covered here, so I’ll go directly to pics. To sum, I had zero pain and only mild discomfort during, after and weeks after procedure. The staff, Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Ratchathorn were all heavily involved, so charming, sweet and took care of me like I was a king. 

My procedure was 2500 grafts FUE with the Trivilleni system, 4 days of LLLT, PRP and I paid a bit extra for the offered Stem Cell Therapy. 

First and Second pics are a few days pre-op. Third pic is just post-op. Fourth, Fifth and Sixth is from today (day 12). 

Of course finding out about Dr. Laorwong would not have been possible without this forum. I’m grateful and thankful for this forum. 

IMG_7174.thumb.jpeg.a2fd376fda684f6bd4588228decbb089.jpeg
IMG_7089.thumb.jpeg.0cfd462021f6062fcd1fce5441367496.jpeg
IMG_7468.thumb.jpeg.1d234a913bd5fe00d6ca68765d751959.jpeg

IMG_7631.thumb.jpeg.bb8c7ac76a861f5d7890e808d85eb85b.jpeg

IMG_7636.thumb.jpeg.de7abb38e033b57a81f9998f941a6228.jpeg

IMG_7629.thumb.jpeg.ff32848a41750fab62477abf4816e04a.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

This is looking excellent as always and good that you didn't lower your hairline too much...i liked the shape of this...this will look more natural...will be following your journey closely ..Happy growing and keep updating brother ..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

This is looking excellent as always and good that you didn't lower your hairline too much...i liked the shape of this...this will look more natural...will be following your journey closely ..Happy growing and keep updating brother ..

Thank you brother.. 

• Like 1

As a fellow Laorwong Patient, it’s good to see another report. Hairline looks very suitable and should frame your face very well and it’s great that the meds saved you quite a lot of grafts too. So you had both Dr Laorwong and Dr Ratchathorn perform the surgery on you? How was that? Also I’m sure people would like to know more about the stem cell therapy on offer. It wasn’t available and haven’t heard of it being available anywhere when I was there so sounds quite cutting edge!

• Like 1

Thank you, mate! I agree with the hairline design, I was worried at first but feel he designed a hairline I really love. For the surgical aspects, I don’t think Dr Ratchathorn was too involved, as it was primarily Dr Laorwong - however she was very involved in the admin aspects of the procedure. She walked me through what to expect, pre / op - post / op directions, the HIV test, payment etc. 

I didn’t ask too much about what the stem cell therapy was, I really just blindly accepted it lol. I may or may not have had a bit too much fun for my first time in Thailand leading up to surgery 😅

43 minutes ago, streethawk said:

As a fellow Laorwong Patient, it’s good to see another report. Hairline looks very suitable and should frame your face very well and it’s great that the meds saved you quite a lot of grafts too. So you had both Dr Laorwong and Dr Ratchathorn perform the surgery on you? How was that? Also I’m sure people would like to know more about the stem cell therapy on offer. It wasn’t available and haven’t heard of it being available anywhere when I was there so sounds quite cutting edge!

8 hours ago, Coffee_bean said:

didn’t ask too much about what the stem cell therapy was, I really just blindly accepted it lol. I may or may not have had a bit too much fun for my first time in Thailand leading up to surgery 😅

Say no more (nudge, nudge, wink, wink ahem) 😂. Well how about tell us how did they administer the stem cell therapy-inject into the scalp?

On 10/11/2023 at 10:52 PM, Gatsby said:

@Coffee_bean you have gone to an excellent surgeon and the work looks really good. I especially like the widow’s peak. 👌

That means a lot, I thought about the design for months. Once I met with Dr Laorwong, he drew the hairline, I asked for a bit more widows peak and that was it. 

On 10/12/2023 at 6:46 AM, streethawk said:

Say no more (nudge, nudge, wink, wink ahem) 😂. Well how about tell us how did they administer the stem cell therapy-inject into the scalp?

Haha definitely created a lifetime of memories for me. I actually reached out to Dr Laorwong, as I fell asleep as soon as I laid on my back for the implantation process. We hadn’t discussed it before treatment, but it was offered at the consultation and I just thought “give me everything you’ve got.” Lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Ake said:

Another great job from Absolute, donor looks untouched. I’m at day 14 and starting to see some shedding ;(  Not looking forward to it. Will be happy if I only lose 50% like you. 
will be a great result, happy growing!!!

Thank you, mate! Yeah, day 14 was peak for me and I felt so confident going around haha. You can do it, definitely much more of a mental game than I was ready for. 

It looks like you are right on track.  Your donor does look great.  As most say on this forum months 2 and 3 are the hardest.  I'm at 6 weeks and trying not to look in the mirror daily because nothing happens in a day.  I guess we can just hope for some early regrowth!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 11:42 AM, Cooper48 said:

It looks like you are right on track.  Your donor does look great.  As most say on this forum months 2 and 3 are the hardest.  I'm at 6 weeks and trying not to look in the mirror daily because nothing happens in a day.  I guess we can just hope for some early regrowth!

On 10/31/2023 at 2:06 PM, Silent123 said:

Hey man, this looks like excellent work. Happy growing !

Thank you guys! We’re all gonna make it 🙏

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent an email them:  consultabsolutehairclinic@gmail.com

They got back to me in less than 2 hours.  I sent pictures I got from another clinic so when they sent back all the details (estimated grafts, medicine recommendations and open dates). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Month 3 update - slowly coming out of the shock loss, dormant phase, I believe. Also stopped topical min about a month ago, and replaced with 2.5mg oral min. Pics immediately after a haircut.

IMG_8667.thumb.jpeg.bd9ff929806a6bf60b4793aa733333fb.jpeg

IMG_8673.thumb.jpeg.74c27174540f90decc92355af1d2d17d.jpeg
IMG_8668.thumb.jpeg.4acdf0e578edc78c612b7a4bb2d79342.jpeg

IMG_8669.thumb.jpeg.4b20368f6775c91bb0c969031b9e919e.jpeg

IMG_8670.thumb.jpeg.939ae1097f228e483b8144730b967a60.jpeg

IMG_8672.thumb.jpeg.26ac20c85c3d38224f3c19f8b5fff7c5.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_bean
  • Like 1