8 Days Post Op (Pics)

Hello,

I know I’m still very early in the healing phase with it being only Day 8, but I’d like to know what your opinions are on my Donor Area healing. Where do I stand on the timeline or donor area hair growing back? Was I overharvested or is this way too soon to make any decisions on shock loss/overharvesting/normal growth? I have attached my hair before the procedure and after. I allegedly had ~3500 grafts taken.

thank you 🙏

A2026D11-FC9C-4C09-8890-E856D441CBC0.jpeg

500FF224-77F3-4043-AA33-95B162672D29.jpeg

26F2E534-549B-4109-B1E3-C6C5078CD2B9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jjalay said:

At 8 days you cant make any judgment. where did you had the procedure done?

Atraxia in Turkey. I had three friends attend this clinic as well. They have great results but I just didn’t know where on the timeline I was at lol could a donor area take months to grow?

49 minutes ago, MVPlayer023 said:

Atraxia in Turkey. I had three friends attend this clinic as well. They have great results but I just didn’t know where on the timeline I was at lol could a donor area take months to grow?

I dont know much about this clinic but it sounds like the typical hairmill in turkey. If it is schockloss it might take up to 6 months until it will recover and you will see an improvement. You can take msm tables and apply minoxidil on the donor area to help the hair grow faster. If it is overharvestin this is permanent. Have you talked to the clinic about your concerns? who performed the surgery? Right now there in nothing more you can do except waiting and take the medication i mentioned.

Again 8 days postop. is too soon to tell...

3 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Do you have any pictures from the day of the surgery to show the extraction of the grafts at the donor area? I meant right after the surgery.

Not RIGHT after but about 20 hours later after being cleaned. When I run my hand gently along my donor, I can feel a ton of hairs but idk how this all works genetically/scientifically. 

IMG_8268.png

4 minutes ago, MVPlayer023 said:

And then was just over 72 hours later.

IMG_8269.png

You have thin hair but the extraction pattern doesnt look that bad. They should have spread the extractions and take grafts from the sides too. If this stays like this lets say 4 weeks after the surgery and it stands out the best thing you can do is shave the head at the donor area to make it look more even.

14 minutes ago, jjalay said:

You have thin hair but the extraction pattern doesnt look that bad. They should have spread the extractions and take grafts from the sides too. If this stays like this lets say 4 weeks after the surgery and it stands out the best thing you can do is shave the head at the donor area to make it look more even.

Fantastic! You telling me that the extraction pattern doesn’t look that bad gives me more hope than you can imagine so I appreciate it. Let’s hope it grows in. I had tons of hair in the donor before surgery so I’m hoping ~3500 is only a small dent lol. And my friends who attended this clinic have their donors “grown back.” Crossing fingers🤞

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks fairly normal at 8 days. It will take months to fully recover, you may experience shock loss. That usually subsides at 6 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Whilst I’ve never heard of the clinic and you not being told an exact graft extraction quantity are red flags, I’m not seeing anything alarming in the photos. Donor looks very normal for one week post op and the extractions seem decently spread out. 

Would be keen to see the recipient areas in more detail to get a better feel for the work. 

57 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Whilst I’ve never heard of the clinic and you not being told an exact graft extraction quantity are red flags, I’m not seeing anything alarming in the photos. Donor looks very normal for one week post op and the extractions seem decently spread out. 

Would be keen to see the recipient areas in more detail to get a better feel for the work. 

Hello! 
I have a few photos that I can provide. Tough to catch pristine shots of the recipient area due to camera positioning and lighting but I have three I can share that I feel are most clear to look at. From what I can tell, they implanted the hairs in the correct directions and distributed them evenly but you will know more than me 😂 any advice would be superb! These photos were 4 days after and 5 days after.

IMG_8301.png

IMG_8302.png

IMG_8303.png

IMG_8245.jpeg

Edited by MVPlayer023
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Looks decent I have to say. The devil will be in the detail though: if they’ve used single grafts in the hairline for softness and naturalness then that could turn out to be a very nice result indeed. I like that the temple recession is at the natural angle and not the weird slopes that we often see from Turkish clinics. 

Keep us updated!

7 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Looks decent I have to say. The devil will be in the detail though: if they’ve used single grafts in the hairline for softness and naturalness then that could turn out to be a very nice result indeed. I like that the temple recession is at the natural angle and not the weird slopes that we often see from Turkish clinics. 

Keep us updated!

Thank you for your words of positivity and comfort to be honest lol (I will take “looks decent” versus “omg what have they done to your head!?”)😆 Lol.

I totally agree with you on the Turkish slopes. I’m very happy with the hairline and its angle. I could be wrong but I believe they used single grafts in the hairline but only time will tell. I’m more curious about my crown’s implants and coverage.

crossing fingers for stellar results 🤞