HT in Thailand in 10 days. What do I bring?

Hi all, 

I’ve got my procedure booked with Dr.Laorwong in 10 days. And just wanted to ask the guys that have had a HT abroad.  What do I need to bring or do you wish you had taken? (Post HT related)

I’ll be in Bangkok for 6 nights.  So far all I have is 

- a good neck pillow

- button down shirts

35 minutes ago, streethawk said:

Bring some aloe Vera and baby shampoo (they provide some but bring another bottle anyway) and you are good to go.

Can you recommend a brand of baby shampoo?(I know it’s a stupid question but have you seen how many different brands there are in the supermarkets)

8 hours ago, Ake said:

Can you recommend a brand of baby shampoo?(I know it’s a stupid question but have you seen how many different brands there are in the supermarkets)

Sebamed for daily wash, J&J baby shampoo.

• Thanks 1

Had surgery with Laorwong as well. They provide you with most everything you need. Only other thing I wish I had before the trip was an all-black bandana to wear. They provided me with a patterned bandana, but I thought it looked kind of conspicuous on me so I didn't use it much.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Ake

They will provide everything(shampoo and medicines and bandana ) bdw you have to go to clinic for next 4-5 days to get a laser therapy and they will give you a head wash there so you won't need a shampoo there plus they will give you shampoo which you can use when you get back home...you just get a good neck pillow ...wear buttoned shirt on the surgery day...

You will be under safe hands so you don't need to worry about anything too much...and yeh say my hi to him...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Ake

They will provide everything(shampoo and medicines and bandana ) bdw you have to go to clinic for next 4-5 days to get a laser therapy and they will give you a head wash there so you won't need a shampoo there plus they will give you shampoo which you can use when you get back home...you just get a good neck pillow ...wear buttoned shirt on the surgery day...

You will be under safe hands so you don't need to worry about anything too much...and yeh say my hi to him...

Thanks. I just went shopping for some more shirts today. It’s going to be 24-32c and humid. Staying another 4 days for after care. Check out of the White Ivory (your review put it on my short list) then go get head wash one final time and off to the airport for night flight back to Syd. 
No worries will say hello for you 

• Like 1

Good luck @Ake!  I just did the PRP. The stem cell was offered to me the morning of so I didn’t have enough time to research it. It seemed quite expensive for something I didn’t know anything about. 

On 10/9/2023 at 8:22 AM, AlexMeister21 said:

Had surgery with Laorwong as well. They provide you with most everything you need. Only other thing I wish I had before the trip was an all-black bandana to wear. They provided me with a patterned bandana, but I thought it looked kind of conspicuous on me so I didn't use it much.

I thought they provided the black one as standard? They gave me one but I hardly wore it. I rocked a  blue gangsta bandana I got online. Got pics somewhere, might upload for the  laugh 😆 

Edited by streethawk

53 minutes ago, Cooper48 said:

Good luck @Ake!  I just did the PRP. The stem cell was offered to me the morning of so I didn’t have enough time to research it. It seemed quite expensive for something I didn’t know anything about. 

Does anyone know what the stem cell therapy entails? Curious to know more about it?

2 hours ago, Will_the_way said:

I opted for zip up hoodies/jackets instead of button up shirts as they are a lot more comfortable and comfort is key in those immediate days following the procedure. Definitely bring something to entertain yourself for a few days as well! 

It’s way too hot and humid for hoodies. 

I used the MLVOC Travel Pillow 100% Pure Memory Foam. I’m sure a towel would work but this thing was nice because there was no chance my head was roll out of it.   I move a lot in my sleep. It’s also good on the plane. It’s bulky but that’s why it works well for support. 

On 10/18/2023 at 11:31 PM, hairman4321 said:

what are people using in terms of neck pillows?

I thought i remembered reading somewhere on his website that just a rolled up towel will do fine.

I bought a cabeau neck pillow (meant to be one of the best travel pillows) I don’t like it. I just slept on the pillow on its side. I’m a back sleeper so I don’t move too much. Just put the side pillow incase I move around. I found the travel pillow uncomfortable. But everyone will be different

image.jpg

Edited by Ake
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 7:19 AM, streethawk said:

Does anyone know what the stem cell therapy entails? Curious to know more about it?

https://folliclethought.com/a-review-of-regenera-activa-results/

Here are some reviews of this therapy. It is called Regenera Activa. Seems like most did not get any effect of this.

And here is a link of how it is done:

Removed link

Edited by Melvin- Admin
  • Thanks 1