Spike in testosterone.

ljpcarrera

Anyone on trt or other testosterone booster get a spike in testosterone and get sudden shedding. I started Eclomephine a few months back. It’s definitely working as I feel great and lost another 20lbs. I am on dutasteride and oral minoxidil, so I did not expect a shed. My scalp got itchy and felt inflamed all of a sudden and bam noticed increased hairloss. All the hairs were think with a white bulb, they should grow back.Seems to have subsided for now. The only other Mx in the equation is I am weening of Klonopin. I have read that you can get sudden hairloss when weening of benzos as well. I hope to be completely off them in a few months as I am tapering really slow. Those benzo pills are the devil, I was prescribed them for sleep, big mistake. Thanks

Your shedding is most likely not due to Klonopin. I have tapered as well and no changes

You increased your scalp testosterone therefor you are progressing on your MPB. Dutasteride is only dealing with DHT.

You can also use 17-Alfa Estradiol topically to counter act the increase test on your scalp.

25mg enclomiphene 3 times a week is more than enough. 

This said , it will most likely work for you for a few months and your SHBG will go up and you’ll end up with low Free Testosterone again. If you are hypogonadal TRT is the best way forward. Clomid and derivatives only work temporarily for the reason explained above 

4 minutes ago, ljpcarrera said:

Mustang I tried regular 150mg testosterone shots last year. It made my t levels go haywire. I did not feel that great. Obviously all is legit from the pharmacy. Curios what my next blood test results will be. 

150mg is quite the dose. I did 75mg up to 150mg and definitely felt wired as well on 150mg.

Maybe try a lower dose, like 100mg a week split into EOD 30mg. So 120mg one week and 90 the next one. Sub-Q

What probably made you go haywire was Estrogen which is a overstimulating hormone. I counter it with Progesterone which is a calming hormone

But anyways, this is a different discussion and one to have with your Endo. Just sharing my experience.

Yep I was taking .25mg of enclomiphene a day. It was too much,  it over powered the dutasteride. I did not think it would do that.

I guess that sudden spike caused the shed, interesting as my DHT levels are super low. Shows u that a spike in other androgens cause hairloss as well. 

• Administrators

I took benzos to sleep for 2 years. Never again. Have you had increased anxiety? The shedding could be from stress/anxiety.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey Melvin, did you get off them cold turkey? Your body becomes dependent on them after two weeks, it changes your gaba receptors. The doctors were perscribing these like candy for sleep and that caused this huge epidemic of benzo dependency. To your question yes your anxiety can increase. Good luck

Edited by ljpcarrera
Typo