Are recommended Hair Transplant doctors also automatically recommended for Beard Transplants?

Dear all

I'm currently investigating where I can have a Beard Transplant (approx. 1700 grafts) in Turkey.

Dr. Resul Yaman is a recommended hair transplant surgeon on HairRestorationNetwork, but my question is – do you think this makes him automatically recommended for beard transplants as well?

He specifically mentions on his website that they perform beard transplants, but there are no before&after pictures on their website and I have only received two examples on mail. Not much data/results for me to work with.

Note: Please respect the decision of a beard transplant. I am well aware that most of you in here are focusing on a hair transplants and by using donor hair on a beard transplants seems unnecessary. While I understand this point of view, Dr. Yaman has reassured me that he will only use approx. 800 from my donor area. The rest is from the beard itself.

But this is for another discussion :) 

Edited by TMNK

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, TMNK said:

do you think this makes him automatically recommend for beard transplants as well?

Not in my view, no. Recreating a beard that looks natural is very hard and frankly looks ridiculously bad when it isn't done well. 99% of the results and work that members of this forum review when assessing the Dr's on the recommended list is standard hair transplants, plus more unique cases such as female HT's, repair work and Norwood 6 & 7 cases. Beard transplants are quite rare.

Maybe consider posting some photos of your beard so we can see what you're trying to achieve/what you're already working with and make suggestsions.

• Like 1

Once again it’s experience and documented results with lots of pics that will help facilitate your decision.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Beards are always weird looking in nature. You get ginormous variety. 

Thinned, with bald spots, dense and full, dense somewhere and bald elsewhere etc etc

Nobody cares about your beard. It seems there’s a paranoid obsession in recent years with beards and now everyone wants to have a beard. When I was growing up few decades ago, nobody ever wanted to keep a beard. 

I think beard transplants are the easiest to do just because nobody looks at them and they are already weird looking. 

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, TMNK said:

Dear all

I'm currently investigating where I can have a Beard Transplant (approx. 1700 grafts) in Turkey.

Dr. Resul Yaman is a recommended hair transplant surgeon on HairRestorationNetwork, but my question is – do you think this makes him automatically recommend for beard transplants as well?

He specifically mentions on his website that they perform beard transplants, but there are no before&after pictures on their website and I have only received two examples on mail. Not much data/results for me to work with.

Note: Please respect the decision of a beard transplant. I am well aware that most of you in here are focusing on a hair transplants and by using donor hair on a beard transplants seems unnecessary. While I understand this point of view, Dr. Yaman has reassured me that he will only use approx. 800 from my donor area. The rest is from the beard itself.

But this is for another discussion :) 

Why Turkey?

• TMNK changed the title to Are recommended Hair Transplant doctors also automatically recommended for Beard Transplants?
12 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Not in my view, no. Recreating a beard that looks natural is very hard and frankly looks ridiculously bad when it isn't done well. 99% of the results and work that members of this forum review when assessing the Dr's on the recommended list is standard hair transplants, plus more unique cases such as female HT's, repair work and Norwood 6 & 7 cases. Beard transplants are quite rare.

Maybe consider posting some photos of your beard so we can see what you're trying to achieve/what you're already working with and make suggestsions.

Beard transplants are quite rare compared to hair transplants, but I am pretty sure that the amount of beard transplants performed have increased a lot during the recent years.

As I have mentioned somewhere else I really think this forum should have a dedicated section for beard transplants to help transparency and users in reviewing which doctor to choose. 

12 hours ago, gillenator said:

Once again it’s experience and documented results with lots of pics that will help facilitate your decision.

It is difficult since beard transplants are not as popular and documented, making it a difficult to make a qualified decision.

To help investigating the right doctor I really think we need a dedicated forum/section for this. I believe the demand and interest for this is increasing.

10 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Beards are always weird looking in nature. You get ginormous variety. 

Thinned, with bald spots, dense and full, dense somewhere and bald elsewhere etc etc

Nobody cares about your beard. It seems there’s a paranoid obsession in recent years with beards and now everyone wants to have a beard. When I was growing up few decades ago, nobody ever wanted to keep a beard. 

I think beard transplants are the easiest to do just because nobody looks at them and they are already weird looking. 

A lot of this could be said by hair transplants as well. We all have those friends, or seen comments like "just shave yourself bald, nobody cares", but you probably care a lot. Right?

Also a great beard can compliment af bald/thin hair tremendously. 

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Why Turkey?

I have previously had a hair transplant in Turkey in 2016 (ASMED Clinic) and I had a great experience with this.

Traveling and overall logistics also puts Turkey in favor for me.

1 hour ago, Turkhair said:

I find this statement so ridiculous I don’t know how to respond to it.

Why so aggressive?

Balding is awful for a lot of us, and yet, the society still mocks bald people with "friendly" comments in social contexts.

Yet, when someone might have an another cosmetic desire (= beard transplants) then you - out of all people - mock them by saying my "statement is ridiculous". 

To be honest I think you should know better and respect others opinion.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, TMNK said:

Beard transplants are quite rare compared to hair transplants, but I am pretty sure that the amount of beard transplants performed have increased a lot during the recent years.

Sure but I was answering the specific question you asked, which is whether a forum recommended surgeon is automatically going to be good or recommended for beard transplants.

Unfortunately there just aren't that many cases. My own view of beard transplants is that, with very rare exceptions, most of them look absolutely awful unless you already have a decent beard to begin with and you're just having a couple of weaker spots filled in. If it's full beard reconstruction (or significant reconstruction), I think I've only ever seen two or three cases that looked pretty damn convincing.

3 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Sure but I was answering the specific question you asked, which is whether a forum recommended surgeon is automatically going to be good or recommended for beard transplants.

Unfortunately there just aren't that many cases. My own view of beard transplants is that, with very rare exceptions, most of them look absolutely awful unless you already have a decent beard to begin with and you're just having a couple of weaker spots filled in. If it's full beard reconstruction (or significant reconstruction), I think I've only ever seen two or three cases that looked pretty damn convincing.

I agree with you – creating a full beard from nothing looks unnatural.

In my case I do have some that needs filling, but I want to have beard under my lip as well. I imagine my case could look realistic if done by a talented (beard) doctor.

Edited by TMNK

• Administrators

Guys,

Please be respectful, we can disagree while respecting someone else’s opinion.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

Please be respectful, we can disagree while respecting someone else’s opinion.

That’s unfair. I haven’t insulted him or even rude to him. I simply said his statement comparing baldness to beards is so absurd I don’t have words to explain how absurd this is.

He clearly doesn’t understand English and has very basic grasp of it. He thinks I am mocking him for getting a beard transplant and found it insulting - “when I simply said his comparison was absurd”. It’s his lack of comprehension of English language that caused him to feel offended and whine. Punishing me for someone else’s lack of understanding is unfair. 

This is a fact, he titled the topic with “Is Are hair transplants…” which shows how much he struggles with basic English grammar and statements.

I find your warning completely absurd and ridiculous. Calling someone’s comparison absurd doesn’t mean insulting him or not respecting his opinion. He’s not a new member. I am not rude either, I get likes daily by new members who appreciate my honest replies in this BS hair transplant industry full of liars. 

Proof 

IMG_4044.thumb.png.761c194e1f3c4446075abcf818d89d85.png

He is already coming to the topic with the notion that “respect beard transplant”. If you look for something wrong then you will find it.  He thinks that I am against beard transplants because in his mind nobody respects it but I only told him that nobody looks at beards and they are the easiest to do because of it. Any surgeon can do it. He compares it to baldness, I say that’s absurd comparison. In his mind, I am disrespecting his beard transplant decision. 

It doesn’t help that his English isn’t very good either so he thinks I am mocking him. 

Yeah this is absurd x million times. Read my posts again. 

IMG_4045.thumb.png.4e2298be52a774a5b7b9340131761942.png

• Administrators

@Turkhair If you can’t behave civil without attacking members you won’t be allowed to post. We can all have differing views. This is my last warning. You have already been warned twice before.

• Head Bang 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Turkhair If you can’t behave civil without attacking members you won’t be allowed to post. We can all have differing views. This is my last warning. You have already been warned twice before.

Ok boss. I haven’t been rude anywhere, just showing evidence of how he struggles so much and clearly misunderstood my post due to his negative preconceived notions about beard transplant and poor English. 

But fine. Seems like even defending myself gets me a warning so I will move on.

Edited by Turkhair

Derailing the topic and attacking my English ruins a constructive dialogue. Please be respectful.

Furthermore, my first draft on this topic had some spelling errors, but it's not indicative of a severe lack of English skills that I somehow typed "is are" next to each other. I also edited my post once I saw the wrong typing.

You are not exactly creating a great atmosphere in this forum...

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Ok boss. I haven’t been rude anywhere, just showing evidence of how he struggles so much and clearly misunderstood my post due to his negative preconceived notions about beard transplant and poor English. 

But fine. Seems like even defending myself gets me a warning so I will move on.

Goodbye Looksmaxx aka Turkhair 

• Haha 2

View my thread