will any reputable doctors perform on a 20 year old?

8 minutes ago, Happy New Hair said:

You will care just as much

Honestly this sounds like a joke to me, I cared about completely different things 8 years ago compared to now, imagine 20. Also someone who has the same concerns in his life when he is 20 and when he is 40 clearly is doing something very wrong.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, BaldV said:

This sounds VERY insecure, also you dont care about your hair the same when you are 20 and when you are 40.

Experiencing MPB is a subjective experience. However concern about MPB can be and is just as real at 40 as it is at 20. The problem with it occurring at 20 is that you don’t have the psychological development to deal with it. Hence why we see so many impulse butchered results at a young age. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, BaldV said:

This sounds VERY insecure, also you dont care about your hair the same when you are 20 and when you are 40.

It is, you have to be VERY insecure to get surgery. Also, I’m turning 38 next month. I care about my hair just as much. Its utter nonsense to say you won’t care.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

if he felt that bad about having a botched hair transplant, why wouldn't he fix it? that guy in the photo, why hasn't he fixed it lol. i'm sure there are many surgeons who could improve that look. Even just shaving it all would look better.

Life happens, whose to say he will be in a financial position to fix it? Generally, repairs turn out way more expensive. They also take more time. Some repairs take 2-3 surgeries to fix. 

Imagine he gets married, has a family. Do you really think his priority will be spending thousands of dollars to fix his hair? With the housing shortage, a young man his age would be lucky to afford to pay for rent. But that’s another discussion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Life happens, whose to say he will be in a financial position to fix it? Generally, repairs turn out way more expensive. They also take more time. Some repairs take 2-3 surgeries to fix. 

Imagine he gets married, has a family. Do you really think his priority will be spending thousands of dollars to fix his hair? With the housing shortage, a young man his age would be lucky to afford to pay for rent. But that’s another discussion.

Only really 2-3 surgeons can fix a norwood6-7 & it will cost alot of money.

Like you can get good results wik smaller norwood levels but once your headed to nw5-7 you can only go to the very best

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BaldV said:

Honestly this sounds like a joke to me, I cared about completely different things 8 years ago compared to now, imagine 20. Also someone who has the same concerns in his life when he is 20 and when he is 40 clearly is doing something very wrong.

If you don’t care why are you on this board? If you really didn’t care, you wouldn’t be here. 

The concept that age somehow eliminates insecurities is ludicrous. If you grow up overweight and you’re insecure about it, you will likely always be insecure about it. Getting older doesn’t change how you feel about an insecurity. 

I had an ex co-worker who had the lap-band surgery at 50. She spent decades being overweight. Being 50 didn’t magically make it better. It’s okay to be vulnerable and say something makes you insecure, that’s part of being human. Its also okay to want to fix that thing that makes you insecure. 

The idea that you should stop caring at a certain age is absurd. 

• Like 1

View my thread

8 hours ago, BaldV said:

BaldV,

I'm sorry, but I have to emphatically disagree.  Firstly, how old are you?  Are you older than 40?  Even if the above statement regarding how much one cares about their hair is true for you at 20 vs 40, this is definitely not true for everyone. That statement definitely wasn't true for me and I feel quite certain that others felt the same way as I did.  

In general, I think it's dangerous to assume that others can't feel a certain way just because we don't.  Everyone is different and as a result, so is how we feel.

Just thought I'd offer my two cents on this.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.