Should I get a HT or shouldn't I, please see photo.

Hi everyone,

Just a short note to ask if all you experts think I should get a HT. I live in Australia, am 29, and well what can I say, hair loss has effected me so much. I use to be the most sociable person I know, lol, and now well you know the rest. However If it doesn't look good it could be the last nail in my coffin. Should I take the risk? I'm thinking yes. As you can see from my attached photo, I really don't have much hair left but I would be happy with just a nice thin natural looking hairline that goes well lets say half way up my head. I don't really care about the crown. Would love some feedback.

Cheers

100_1190.jpg.4205eb4e2dedde794130e2831b455607.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just a short note to ask if all you experts think I should get a HT. I live in Australia, am 29, and well what can I say, hair loss has effected me so much. I use to be the most sociable person I know, lol, and now well you know the rest. However If it doesn't look good it could be the last nail in my coffin. Should I take the risk? I'm thinking yes. As you can see from my attached photo, I really don't have much hair left but I would be happy with just a nice thin natural looking hairline that goes well lets say half way up my head. I don't really care about the crown. Would love some feedback.

Cheers

Understand that there is a very good chance you will not get total density-restoration, if not total coverage, in your initial HT -- it could take a couple. That said, you could have a very legit shot of re-establishing a bonefied hairline, frontal 1/3rd, etc, which, IMO, is the most vital facet for one's aesthetics..and try to get by with modest coverage in other areas and utilize something like nanogen to get a complete look, which might be enough to fully satisfy you.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Makhya,

While I cannot see your crown area, generally speaking, one requires 1000 grafts per level on the NW scale. You seem to be about NW5 and could head to 6 or 7 depending on your genetic pre-disposition.

So to recreate the illusion of density, generally valued at 45 FU/cm2, at this point in time, you will need approximately 5000 grafts( and since the mean normal graft size is 2.2 hair per graft) that is approximately 11,000 hair.

As thanatopsis_awry said, the first priority is re-establishing the hairline as without a hair line the eyes are no longer the face's main focus-point and the ocular attention becomes dispersed, oscillating between the face and the alopecia region.

Also as thanatopsis_awry said, you will not get total coverage in one session, but will require multiple sessions throughout your lifetime in order to maintain the illusion of density.

Only a few surgeons practise "megasession" where they transplant, more than the average 3000 grafts. You will need to investigate if you are a suitable candidate for this type of FUT.

Hope this answers some of your concerns, and as always, I am open to criticism from the experts.

take care...

Makhya,

Take a couple of CLEAR pictures from all angles "front, top down,each side,and the back" and send them to a couple of doc's here. Im sure you'll get some suggestions from others here on who to send them to, but IMO to get the most out of 1 procedure there are only a few doc's that can do this.

You do have one thing in your favor though. You wouldnt expeience to much shock loss and can only improve on your situation. Some people who still have native hair take the chance of permanent shock loss when they have a HT and you dont have to worry about that!

Talk to jotronic and spex they can propably help you more than any one else here.

Makhya,

Hey man, all great advice from fellow posters. But in a nutshell, your situation can definately be improved. Obvioulsy, reslism is hugely important in your goals and plans, but if you really want to fight this thing head on, I believe you can. As all of the other guys have previously mentioned, consult with the top docs. Everybody has their favourites and the majority hold a similar top 5 list. By spending a little time on this very forum, you will see who seem to be the most popular and well respected docs.

In your post, you explain the impact hair loss is having on you, and also that a deepend hairline would meet initial requirements. For me, this can be achieved.

Good luck my friend. Research, research, research, and then some more!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thank you all for your replys. I have a lot to consider, look into, research, etc. I can't believe what great support I have already, so thank you. I'll keep to all updated.

What is Nanogen? Does it work?

Microfibre camouflage.

Depends on your level of baldness.

Don't go in the water. It will wash off.

Held in place by electro-statics, I believe. Could be wrong about that part.

take care...