Best methods to reduce redness after FUE

Mine lasted 3 to 4 months in the frontal band where I had dense packing of grafts. I tried everything I read about in here and Google. Nothing made a difference except time and using skin tone consealer. I did not try covering with dermmatch last time but I will try on my second ht.  In hindsight, I wish I would have tried concealer sooner. I.e. after the first few weeks, maybe a month, when the skin incisions were all healed. 

Edited by JoeD
Typo

• Valued Contributor
39 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I would leave the recipient area alone unless it is getting infected, etc. The redness will disappear on it's own. All the best.

This 👆

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, Turkhair said:

If you’re super worried and concerned, here is what I recommend.

Saline spray to keep the area moist. Will also wash away any dirt. 

Antibiotics ( Doxycycline is cheap and easy one a day dosage). Don’t bother with topicals, you don’t have an actual infection and they just aggreviate the skin.

Avoid shampoos. And if you really want to, use baby shampoo once a week or once two weeks. Use very mild soap instead.

Bepanthol lotion or any other lotion.

The redness is nothing more than the very weak new skin irritated from the nonsense they put in shampoos.

I don’t care to explain why what I recommend works. I know this stuff

That is the initial redness

The persistent redness is neovascularization, new little blood vessels under a fresh/thin layer of skin. 

Edited by JoeD

55 minutes ago, JoeD said:

The persistent redness is neovascularization, new little blood vessels under a fresh/thin layer of skin. 

LOL

is all I am going to say. I forget most people don’t appreciate advice or new knowledge.

Ride out the redness for half a year.

Good luck 

• Administrators

If you’re fair skinned, you’ll probably be red for a while. Time will take it away, but you can use concealer to mask the redness.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, JoeD said:

What sodium content should the saline solution have? Thanks

I have always recommended aloe vera creams.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY