How My FUE scars look with zero fade

I highly doubt anyone who isn’t well versed in HT would have any clue there’s even an abnormality. The worst I could maybe see is someone sitting behind you on a bus or something, looking at it from inches away, maybe thinking “huh look at those dots, I guess some people have dots on their head when they shave it down to skin and you look up close” or “this guy must have some minor skin irritation or something” 

• Like 1

I wear mine that short as well and my wife says the only reason she notices is because she knows I had it done.  Honestly, I don't care even if people did notice the back.  As long as the top looks good that's all I care about.  :)

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

It is looking how it should look after a fue...normal people won't notice it though if you like this hairstyle than you can do smp to make it look even better....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

4 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Should I be honest or be nice?

Say whatever you feel.

I have not made the thread for feedback more so to show people what the scarring is like.

If someone isn't comfortable with scarring and thinks they may shave there head in the future a transplant isn't for them

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Youth_Again said:

It is noticeable, but I feel like most of our opinion is biased because we know so much about HT
if you asked anyone that does not know you did a HT do they notice it ? 
how many grafts did you get ? 

About 3000. 0.9 punch size is what zarev said to me.

Perfectly normal.

Should also note that everybody scars differently. Some have much less noticeable ones than others through no fault of the surgeon. It can boil down to genetics and skin type. I seem to remember Rolandas  (who has one of the best transplants I’ve ever seen) having a similar scar pattern to yours at a ‘0’ buzzcut. He attributed this to his skin type.

4 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Say whatever you feel.

I have not made the thread for feedback more so to show people what the scarring is like.

If someone isn't comfortable with scarring and thinks they may shave there head in the future a transplant isn't for them

The white dots are so obvious and it doesn’t look good at all. It looks really bad.

Growing hairs out seems to be the only option after getting hair transplants but it’s not a bad thing. If this is a dealbreaker then people should just shave it and do SMP

7 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

The white dots are so obvious and it doesn’t look good at all. It looks really bad.

Growing hairs out seems to be the only option after getting hair transplants but it’s not a bad thing. If this is a dealbreaker then people should just shave it and do SMP

They are not abvious i have seen others will zero fade only noticeable if you look for it

when really close they are noticeable but doesnt bother me at all. You are entitled to your opinion that they look bad when very close up though.

Edited by hairman22
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

They are not abvious i have seen others will zero fade only noticeable if you look for it

when really close they are noticeable but doesnt bother me at all. You are entitled to your opinion that they look bad when very close up though.

They’re fooling themselves.

There’s obsession when the temples are barely receded but the sufferer thinks it’s detoriating the quality of their life and everyone notices it despite hiding it with long hairs. Then there’s the back of the head where suddenly the assumption is people aren’t going to notice several thousand black and white checkered pattern which is what it looks like. I guess if they have weak vision or legally blind they won’t notice.

Most people are polite and will avoid offending you. I know this because I had a full head of hair with a very small diffuse bald spot near the front of my crown and everyone I talked to would stare at my hairs during conversation. It annoyed the hell out of me and they thought I wasn’t noticing where their eyes were wandering to. 

28 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

There’s obsession when the temples are barely receded but the sufferer thinks it’s detoriating the quality of their life and everyone notices it despite hiding it with long hairs. Then there’s the back of the head where suddenly the assumption is people aren’t going to notice several thousand black and white checkered pattern which is what it looks like. I guess if they have weak vision or legally blind they won’t notice.

Most people are polite and will avoid offending you. I know this because I had a full head of hair with a very small diffuse bald spot near the front of my crown and everyone I talked to would stare at my hairs during conversation. It annoyed the hell out of me and they thought I wasn’t noticing where their eyes were wandering to. 

That is very likely all in your head. People would very likely not see a small diffuse spot in the crown or take very little notice of it unless you are very short in height & even at that i think this is in your head,

You are over stating no one really studies others who lose hair or are losing hair.

1 hour ago, hairman22 said:

That is very likely all in your head. People would very likely not see a small diffuse spot in the crown or take very little notice of it unless you are very short in height & even at that i think this is in your head,

You are over stating no one really studies others who lose hair or are losing hair.

Lol

On 9/18/2023 at 8:05 AM, Turkhair said:

Btw have you gotten a hair transplant, FUE or FUT?

Thanks @hairman22 looks pretty good to me! Totally good tradeoff to have more hair on top - 99% of people wouldn't notice the scars. We're all hyper fixated given we all spend hours looking at pictures of strangers hairlines and donors imo 😂 Can always get SMP in the donor if you wanted to, but seems like overkill tbh.

Who was your surgeon?

• Like 1