Do I seem a suitable candidate for hair transplant?

I’ve been concerned for years about my hair and it’s being giving me increasing anxiety and insecurity about my appearance that’s resulted in me now wearing at hat basically constantly unless I have used a lot of product and there’s no wind! I have been weighing up a transplant for years but think I would like to go for it now. Budget restraints aren’t an issue for me. Basically found this group and it seems an amazing resource so I’m trying to gather and research all I can. Do you think I seem a suitable candidate? When my hair is long it goes very curly/wavy and I do have thick hair in the areas it’s not thinning.IMG_1789.thumb.jpeg.dfbcf71e1e3ec7f2c937d12d3d046619.jpegIMG_1790.thumb.jpeg.6ed822677d4406acfa22e394f9903a41.jpegIMG_1796.thumb.jpeg.c577f0e5c261954112dd88632571c7e0.jpegIMG_1800.thumb.jpeg.5106d2686e78daa18d2faaa7af645e16.jpegIMG_1799.thumb.jpeg.c6b4dda34320686af58ca2419a6d16c1.jpeg

IMG_1788.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, mark91 said:

have you tried dht blockers yet? i would try them for a year or at least 6 months to make sure you can tolerate it before committing to a HT, or you will bald behind the transplant and require multiple surgeries over the years

This is excellent advice. 

• Valued Contributor

@haades

I'd like to explain how surgery should be approached

—> As a first step, you should address the underlying cause of your hair loss...even if you undergo surgery, if your hair loss continues, then you will be in the same state again soon...surgery won't solve your hair loss problem...

It is therefore important to consult a good doctor who is more familiar with hair loss and begin medication. This can stabilize, slow down, or reverse your hair loss...this is the key to a successful outcome...to reap the benefits of medication, you need to take it religiously for the full 12 months and then reassess your situation and plan accordingly.

—>In addition to taking medication, you should also educate yourself. You can use this 12 month period to research more about hair transplant surgery, learn more about the whole process, and understand the nuances. Research good doctors around the world and shortlist around 4-5 doctors based on your findings, and then consult all of them to determine who best fits your needs and expectations.

Taking all of the above things into account will pave the way for a successful surgery.

I hope this helps you ...best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Seems like a good candidate with NW3 pattern without hairloss over your crown, your photos are dark and blurred but I think the donor is strong and healthy, can be around 3000-3500 grafts for high density result (depending how deep you'll go behind the hairline).

Minoxidil and Finasteride can help to preserve the native hair.

You're welcome to contact me on WhatApp for consultation at HDC, and read our reviews on the forum.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it's super helpful. I just wanted to disclose that I had a head injury due to a car accident when I was 18 and have a dent in my head as a result. I am quite self concious of this and it has been concealed for years but due to my receding hairline it is becoming more and more visible. Do you think they would be able to transplant hair over this spot? Or I guess at least around it would allow for easier cover up. In regards to medictation I know that finasteride and minoxidl seem to be the ones I have seen spoken about a lot online. I am located in the UK and I am unable to get these prescribed through the NHS so think I would have to go private or through an online doctor. What is the normal dosage for both of these medications and how long before you see results or experience side effects?

Many thanks

53 minutes ago, haades said:

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it's super helpful. I just wanted to disclose that I had a head injury due to a car accident when I was 18 and have a dent in my head as a result. I am quite self concious of this and it has been concealed for years but due to my receding hairline it is becoming more and more visible. Do you think they would be able to transplant hair over this spot? Or I guess at least around it would allow for easier cover up. In regards to medictation I know that finasteride and minoxidl seem to be the ones I have seen spoken about a lot online. I am located in the UK and I am unable to get these prescribed through the NHS so think I would have to go private or through an online doctor. What is the normal dosage for both of these medications and how long before you see results or experience side effects?

Many thanks

Topical minoxidil can be bought over the counter and I didn't experience any side effects from it.

I don't know where in the UK you're based but you could try getting Finasteride prescribed from a local hair clinic. I know Harley Street Hair clinic in London provide it, though I don't know if they require a prescription from your GP. I managed to get it prescribed through my GP, used it for about 2-3 weeks but dropped it due to experiencing many side effects, including those I wasn't aware of being side effects. 

• Like 1