5 Months FUE. failed?

faizan04

• Valued Contributor

@faizan04I can see there are hairs growing on the transplanted zone but it takes time to get good density and full growth... You still got many more months to get more growth and density so don't worry ..give it few more months...and always be on medication religiously...don't be on and off...how many grafts you had ? And who was the doctor?

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

@faizan04

19 is too early to go for a surgery dear..your surgeon should have rejected you as a candidate..but whats done is done...and 5 months is still way early to judge something so give it few more months and than something can be judged...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

@faizan04

Yeh i can understand that but before going for a transplant the most important thing is to get on medication for long time and try to fix issue with that and try to stabilise your hairloss progression...first step should always be medication and other non surgical therapies...though it doesn't matter now as you already had a surgery but now consult a good doctor and get on to medication and other non surgical therapies to stabilise your hairloss progression otherwise you will keep on loosing more hairs and will again be in the same situation in near future...HT will not solve the basic problem of your hairloss...there is one doctor from Pakistan on this forum who seems to be well experienced and he can help you with this...i would tag him and wish he would respond 

@AhmadChaudhry

Edited by A_4_Archan

--> My Thread

• Administrators

5 months is too early to call it a failure. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Getting a Hair Transplant at the age of 19 is really not good. 

At this age you should be on medicines not under knife. 

Anyways what's done is done, now you only have one option that's to wait till 12 months. 

Currently things are looking OK but next few months are really crucial and I hope density increases. The thing is you had a decent amount of hair before operation and your hair could have been improved further had you started medicines. 

Who was the doctor who decided to operate you? Didn't he warned you about the age? 

Edited by Rawkerboi

• Moderators

At 5 months it still has time to grow a lot more. I'm more worried about your long term situation. The hairline was transplanted way too low for a 19 year old with aggressive hair loss. The temple points should not have been so far advanced either. I know since you are young you want a low hairline, but you have to think about the long term effects. I'm not talking about 30 years from now. I'm talking more like in possibly 5 years you could end up NW6 and out of donor hair. I hope that doesn't happen to you, but with someone who is 19 and already has a lot of hair loss, not only in the front, but also into the entire mid scalp, you have to be very conservative. The Dr should have done about 1500 to 1800 grafts to give you an improvement in the front and build a decent hair line and then see where your hair loss goes over the next few years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

@BeHappy @Rawkerboi @BaldV

my hair loss has actually been quite stable for a few years. the situation got really bad after I was diagnosed with Covid where I lost more than half my hair. I was using minox plus derma rolling for more than an year but it wasnt very good. it increased the quality of the hair and not the density at all. i did talk to the doctor about age and he assured me its fine and that he has done it before. i dont wanna take hairfin so i never took it.

I also talked to him about future hairloss. he said
A. i can always have another one for the back (my crown is really thin too)
b. I can make these hair grow long and flick them back

as for the doctor, it was Vock Hair transplant clinic at Lahore, Pakistan