Hair Transplant Repair Recommendations

4 hours ago, Antbite said:

Thanks @AhmadChaudhry. Do you think my case is not complicated ?

It is a very simple case for the doctor who is expert in using 0.7 mm punch for extraction so that no scarring or white dots appear. These removed grafts can easily be recycled. I am not sure whether the admin will allow me to put a link where you can see old pluggy grafts are recycled ( removed and used) plus taken from the beard area to add more density. Even though it's not a complicated case. 

Removed

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

17 minutes ago, Antbite said:

I see @AhmadChaudhry. Is the idea to remove and replant them into the scarce areas?

You need to plan 

1- Removal of wrong directed grafts and utilization for re-implant 

2-- You need additional from the back or sides of the head to make your recipient area more dense. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

13 hours ago, AhmadChaudhry said:

If you remove too many grafts through electrolysis, how will you address fibrosis / scarring? As electrolysis mechanism of action through burn destruction of the tissue. This burning, scarring and fibrosis will decrease the vascularity and it will affect the future repair procedure results.   

What's your source for this?

Electrolysis will leave less scarring and fibrosis then FUE if anything

1 hour ago, Antbite said:

@AhmadChaudhry can this be done in one surgery?

Yes your task is not difficult and simple and can easily be extracted and re-implanted. The basic principle of Fue is not to extract every follicle so your doctor will one wrong angled and leave one or two so that it would not give scarring. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

1 hour ago, RTC said:

What's your source for this?

Electrolysis will leave less scarring and fibrosis then FUE if anything

Sir, previously when there was not laser hair removal and electrolysis was the method of choice. This process leaves scars on the hair removal spots ( this include hyperpigmentation as well as skin hardness called fibrosis). When someone burns the skin or bulb of hair, it's obvious there would be some degree of scarring.   

It depends upon the number of grafts extracted in 1 sq.cm. Same is true smaller the punch size and spacing in the extraction, less scarring. 

Edited by AhmadChaudhry

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

1 hour ago, AhmadChaudhry said:

Sir, previously when there was not laser hair removal and electrolysis was the method of choice. This process leaves scars on the hair removal spots ( this include hyperpigmentation as well as skin hardness called fibrosis). When someone burns the skin or bulb of hair, it's obvious there would be some degree of scarring.   

It depends upon the number of grafts extracted in 1 sq.cm. Same is true smaller the punch size and spacing in the extraction, less scarring. 

Depends on the skill of the electrologist, just like with FUE. Many people have gotten electrolysis with no lasting marks. Everything has a risk of course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AhmadChaudhry said:

Here is another example where 500 to 550 grafts extracted from the right, left and front hairline. You can see before and immediately after photos.   

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Where did these grafts get replanted? 
Does it require 2 surgeries? One for each side?

I managed to get a hold of my immediate post op images. Based on these the angles and direction all seem to be okay?

Could it just be a case of me waiting it out?

IMG_6644.jpeg

IMG_6645.jpeg

IMG_6646.jpeg

IMG_6643.jpeg

Edited by Antbite
Photos not showing

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, AhmadChaudhry said:

Here is another example where 500 to 550 grafts extracted from the right, left and front hairline. You can see before and immediately after photos.   

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Can you share the pics after healing this extracted area  i mean 3-6-12 months after extraction

On 7/24/2023 at 6:11 PM, RTC said:

Depends on the skill of the electrologist, just like with FUE. Many people have gotten electrolysis with no lasting marks. Everything has a risk of course.

Hey can you share some pics of electrolysis extracted area and healing of that area after 3-4-12 months just for reference ?

I think we will have to see multiple high quality photos of different cases of both electolysis and 0.7mm punch FUE extractions, especially healing pics after 3-6-12 months to see if they have scars or white dots to conclude which one is a better option correct guys ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RTC said:

i've had some done around my beard and there is literally nothing to show you

I had 1600 grafts and no scars visible after shaving.

IMG_8709.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am now approaching 12 months and as imagined not much has changed it’s just a little more dense. If anything the misplaced hairs are more prominent now.

I was wondering with the mis placed hairs they seem to have a natural curl back towards the back of my head when my natural hair sits forward. I was wondering how this is managed?

I feel that if the grafts were flipped and the curls were forward it wouldn’t look half as bad. How do doctors understand which was the hair will curl and which way to place to ensure the curl matches the natural hair?

Apologies in advanced if this is a rookie question lol.

Many thanks, 

Also, based on the research and conversations I’ve had with doctors. Dr Laorwong is looking like a preferred doctor for my repair.

He has been great to deal with and very honest with his thoughts and strategies. Would be interested to know if anyone else has had a repair experience with him.

8 minutes ago, braun453 said:

@AhmadChaudhry do you think in a repair job misangled hair can be extracted and placed back in the correct angle at the same spot? Can the same repair be done for cobblestoned hair grafts?

If you extract a misangled graft with a fine punch, usually 0.65 to 0.7 mm is used for this purpose, it leaves whole. However, if you rotate and place in the same place or hole where punch extracted the mangled follicles,there will be strong chances of pitting or cobblestone formation. As healing and inflammation has its own dynamics and no one can predict, what will happen to the Re implanted grafts in terms of artificial look. 
The best strategy is to perform a repair procedure in two or three steps within a few months' interval. This way everything can be managed and repaired. 
For cobblestone hair grafts, these can be extracted and placed in the front, back, right or left so that the extracted hole can take time for repair. The other best option for cobblestone is multiple sessions of laser skin resurfacing to make skin smooth. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan