Dr. Gabel in Portland, Oregon?

I am looking for a consistent, highly capable doctor who can do a no-frills, high yield 1500 graft density fill-in. This will be the final surgery in a 4 round repair journey. 

Gabel is quite curious to me. He was trained by Konior and reviews of him seem good. But there are only a very small amount of reviews of him. And his name rarely pops up on any of the HT forums. 

Are there any specific reasons Gabel is seen as a good doctor, yet paradoxically his name almost never pops up and reviews are sporadic?

I've heard he handles all prospective inquiries himself and has a tendency to ghost/stop communicating with candidates he for whatever reason does not want to work with. Could this have anything to do with his lack of publicity?

Are there any bad density cases with him? I unfortunately MUST cross him (and any doctor) off my list that has density issues. 

Essentially - Is Dr. Gabel a trusted/vetted doctor even though he flies under the radar?

Edited by HappyMan2021

• Administrators

Dr. Gabel is one of the best, he’s extremely detailed and hands-on, he’s the west coast Dr. Konior. He’s touted a lot online. He does no marketing, almost of all of his patients are word of mouth, or referrals from past patients. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Gabel is one of the best, he’s extremely detailed and hands-on, he’s the west coast Dr. Konior. He’s touted a lot online. He does no marketing, almost of all of his patients are word of mouth, or referrals from past patients. 

Thanks Melvin! I will put him on my list of doctors to inquire with for this next surgery. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Thanks Melvin! I will put him on my list of doctors to inquire with for this next surgery. 

I’m planning on having him and Konior on a podcast very soon. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Maybe it's because I'm a Naderite, but it's always seemed like a green flag when a surgeon gets by with minimal social media/web presence. If you're running a successful HT clinic with little web presence it speaks to the fact that your results are good enough that you're getting enough business on word of mouth and don't need to go fishing for prospective clients. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Maybe it's because I'm a Naderite, but it's always seemed like a green flag when a surgeon gets by with minimal social media/web presence. If you're running a successful HT clinic with little web presence it speaks to the fact that your results are good enough that you're getting enough business on word of mouth and don't need to go fishing for prospective clients. 

this is very true 👏🏻👏🏻 some of the hairmills in Turkey have literally millions of ‘followers’ 

4 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

this is very true 👏🏻👏🏻 some of the hairmills in Turkey have literally millions of ‘followers’ 

Not only that, if you message some of these clinics on Whatsapp one time you end up needing to block them because they will forever hound you with messages. Whereas if a Dr is bad or slow at responding back it probably means they're super involved in the process and thus don't have the ability to "scale up", and also aren't hungry for business because they are fully booked. 

• Well Done 1

12 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

because I'm a Naderite

to clarify, you have been operated on by Dr. Nader? 

Dr. Nader is on my inquiry list as well. But I've heard he now has around a 1 yr waitlist due to his newfound popularity and that is a big turnoff for me honestly lol