MinoxidilMax Red Flags

Heisenberg

Have the following concerns regarding MinoxidilMax:

1. Anonymous domain name registration.
  2. Sent me a product with no expiry date.
  3. Asked for the full ingredients list in regards to one of their products, and never got a response.

Be careful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made in China, raw Chinese compounds (non pharma grade finasteride, dutasteride, etc..), cross contamination, DMSO used on their products, fake compounds with 50% purity

The list goes on and on and on, I have been warning people for years to not use them

I never understood how the FDA allows a Chinese company to sell in the US market freely drugs that require a prescription.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mustang said:

Made in China, raw Chinese compounds (non pharma grade finasteride, dutasteride, etc..), cross contamination, DMSO used on their products, fake compounds with 50% purity

The list goes on and on and on, I have been warning people for years to not use them

I never understood how the FDA allows a Chinese company to sell in the US market freely drugs that require a prescription.

Holy f*ck! How do you know all that?

I used their topical finasteride for around 2 years, which is very worrying. I have to say, I don't think it made a jot of difference, certainly not in terms of visible improvements. In fact, it may have only irritated my scalp, and made things worse.

Edited by Heisenberg

How is it possible for them to sell drug online ?

• Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

34 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

How is it possible for them to sell drug online ?

Especially without any kind of prescription. Not sure about the legalities, but it does seem both curious and concerning...

11 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Especially without any kind of prescription. Not sure about the legalities, but it does seem both curious and concerning...

I'm sure their products are fake otherwise they couldn't sell them...

ASCE+ HRLV

I know that someone once lab tested their topical minoxidil solution, and the results seem to confirm it was indeed 15% minoxidil. It was this thread, but that forum seems to have gone offline:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/anyone-used-minoxidilmax-com.53901/page-3

Edited by Heisenberg

• 1 month later...

I've been using minoxidilmax dualgen15 w/ PG plus for about 2 years now. My GF and I both think it's made a pretty big difference (positive) and I am not aware of any side effects. 

It is a bit concerning reading these posts. Does anyone else have any more information on the company/products?

I did a bit more research last night, and it seems most people are satisfied with the results and don't experience the side effects noted by some. I'm considering bringing a sample into a local lab to get tested - will let everyone know what the results are if I am able to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrmajified said:

I did a bit more research last night, and it seems most people are satisfied with the results and don't experience the side effects noted by some. I'm considering bringing a sample into a local lab to get tested - will let everyone know what the results are if I am able to do so.

Is it possible to test the purity, though, and what is really in those products? 

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Is it possible to test the purity, though, and what is really in those products? 

I was hoping it would be, but after making a few calls it seems nobody really does testing around me.

According to the pharmacy compounders I called, they are happy to make the same product as Minoxidilmax for around the same price. Unfortunately, Dr. Wong disagreed with some of the ingredients and promoted Xyon instead. This makes sense because his partner (Dr.Hasson) is heavily invested, but feels very biased to me. I will need to go through a family doctor to get the prescription if I'd like to get it locally made.

• Like 1

So, I got the prescription from my family doctor for minoxidil/rogaine at the same strengths used in Minoxidilmax Dualgen 15 PG plus. I am a bit afraid to get it filled and try using it, because it's not something this pharmacy would be compounding every day.

Reading Xyon reviews actually scares me more than the few bad Minoxidilmax reviews I've seen. I've actually read a lot of good on Minoxidilmax in some Reddit forums.

So now I've got a lot of consideration to do:
Do I continue using Minoxidilmax dualgen 15 PG plus? I have been on it since late 2021 and I haven't had any side effects. I BELIEVE it to be working, but my mind may just be playing tricks on me. Afraid to continue losing my hair due to a product doing nothing for me. 
Do I try the prescription I was just written? It could do nothing, could give me side effects, or could be amazing.
Do I switch to Xyon? Very expensive and mixed reviews for most of the products. However, I have no doubt on the quality of the ingredients used.

Tough choices ahead.

If you have a prescription just go to your local pharmacy they will compound this for you.

ASCE+ HRLV

Personally, I would stick with a brand like Hims, as they are completely open and honest about what goes into their products, and they actually bother to put an expiry date on them. My only worry, though, is that they do seem to contain a fragrance/perfume, and I'm not sure that's okay for people who may be inclined to develop irritation or dermatitis.

20 hours ago, arthurSam said:

If you have a prescription just go to your local pharmacy they will compound this for you.

I guess it just worries me that the delivery method won't be great or even have negative effects. Only one way to tell, I suppose.

19 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Personally, I would stick with a brand like Hims, as they are completely open and honest about what goes into their products, and they actually bother to put an expiry date on them. My only worry, though, is that they do seem to contain a fragrance/perfume, and I'm not sure that's okay for people who may be inclined to develop irritation or dermatitis.

Unfortunately, as a Canadian I don't have access to Hims so that's not even an option. I definitely did look into that.
Also, all my bottles have expiry dates on them.

Edited by mrmajified

47 minutes ago, mrmajified said:

I guess it just worries me that the delivery method won't be great or even have negative effects. Only one way to tell, I suppose.

Unfortunately, as a Canadian I don't have access to Hims so that's not even an option. I definitely did look into that.

I think the MinoxidilMax's so-called "experimental" products don't have expiry dates on them. I don't see that as a reasonable excuse, though, and that shows a bit of carelessness in my honest opinion. I paid a small fortune for 3 bottles, and am going to have to throw some in the bin.

• Sad 1

On 9/6/2023 at 1:34 PM, mrmajified said:

Dude!!! your pharmacy is willing to compound you pretty much the same stuff as minoxidilmax but guaranteed quality ingredients then I'd get that filled ASAP! count yourself lucky that your doctor/pharmacy is even willing do that for you ... if I went to my doctor with a bottle I highly doubt she would do the same thing for me 

I wonder if they'll compound it with the tretinoin and the other stuff too or if it will just be 15% minox 

be aware though that any time 15% legal stuff has hit the market it was pulled pretty quickly due to rash and skin irritation I think

that's probably the worst that could happen is my guess 😕 

13 hours ago, wayek said:

Dude!!! your pharmacy is willing to compound you pretty much the same stuff as minoxidilmax but guaranteed quality ingredients then I'd get that filled ASAP! count yourself lucky that your doctor/pharmacy is even willing do that for you ... if I went to my doctor with a bottle I highly doubt she would do the same thing for me 

I wonder if they'll compound it with the tretinoin and the other stuff too or if it will just be 15% minox 

be aware though that any time 15% legal stuff has hit the market it was pulled pretty quickly due to rash and skin irritation I think

that's probably the worst that could happen is my guess 😕 

She wouldn't do more than 5% minoxidil, but did match the finasteride. I will have to go down to the pharmacy this week and at least see what it looks like.

• 3 months later...

As an update, I've been using 5% minoxidil and 0.25% finasteride from my pharmacy. I've used 2 bottles so far, and each one left a white crusty residue on the bottom of the bottle after a few days or weeks. I'm guessing that's the finasteride separating itself from the rest of the solution. So, I feel like this might be worse than just using the MinoxidilMax formula. Then again, the MM bottles are solid and you can't really see into them very well, so maybe that was happening with theirs too. Really not sure what I should do going forward.