MinoxidilMax Red Flags

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, mrmajified said:

As an update, I've been using 5% minoxidil and 0.25% finasteride from my pharmacy. I've used 2 bottles so far, and each one left a white crusty residue on the bottom of the bottle after a few days or weeks. I'm guessing that's the finasteride separating itself from the rest of the solution. So, I feel like this might be worse than just using the MinoxidilMax formula. Then again, the MM bottles are solid and you can't really see into them very well, so maybe that was happening with theirs too. Really not sure what I should do going forward.

Can you not give the bottle a good shake before each application? I tend to do that anyway.

Fortunately, I have been able to take oral finasteride without experiencing any significant side effects. I've been taking it for around 8 or more months, and can't see any increase in hair density though sadly. It may, however, still be early days .

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Can you not give the bottle a good shake before each application? I tend to do that anyway.

Fortunately, I have been able to take oral finasteride without experiencing any significant side effects. I've been taking it for around 8 or more months, and can't see any increase in hair density though sadly. It may, however, still be early days .

I actually do shake the bottle before each use, after noticing my first bottle separated.

Surprised oral hasn't shown results at all for you. I noticed a big difference just a few months after using minoxidilmax. Now it's hard to say if my new solution is doing anything, since I had my HT 7 months ago and new growth is still happening from that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mrmajified said:

I actually do shake the bottle before each use, after noticing my first bottle separated.

Surprised oral hasn't shown results at all for you. I noticed a big difference just a few months after using minoxidilmax. Now it's hard to say if my new solution is doing anything, since I had my HT 7 months ago and new growth is still happening from that.

I don't think I ever noticed much of a difference when using MinoxidilMax products either, and minoxidil hasn't really done much for me too. I still use the Hims alcohol-free serum even though I am not convinced it is actually doing anything. In fact, I am worried that the constant rubbing, even when done very gently, may just be making matters worse.

I am now going to try taking oral dutasteride once a month to see if that helps.

Edited by Heisenberg

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I don't think I ever noticed much of a difference when using MinoxidilMax products either, and minoxidil hasn't really done much for me too. I still use the Hims alcohol-free serum even though I am not convinced it is actually doing anything. In fact, I am worried that the constant rubbing, even when done very gently, may just be making matters worse.

I am now going to try taking oral dutasteride once a month to see if that helps.

I guess everyone reacts differently. Sucks that you are not a strong responder.

• Like 1